Married and flirty....?

Options

Replies

• Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Derpes wrote: »
    Being married and flirting. Like it's okay if you have admirers or whatever but when you step it up a notch and are flirting knowing your spouse would not be okay with it, if your spouse is okay with it, do your thing. But if she or he doesn't know or you gotta hide it, it's cheating.

Welcome to REALITY. There's a widespread culture of cheating.

FIFY

What's your point? Online communities open up new avenues for people to engage in such behaviors
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Being married and flirting. Like it's okay if you have admirers or whatever but when you step it up a notch and are flirting knowing your spouse would not be okay with it, if your spouse is okay with it, do your thing. But if she or he doesn't know or you gotta hide it, it's cheating.

FIFY

What's your point? Online communities open up new avenues for people to engage in such behaviors

My point is that is every where. Don't blame it on mfp, Jesus, I've been hit on playing words with friends. And before online communities happened it was happening at work, or at school, or at church. Or where ever the hell people are because that is reality.

For some reason AOL and the introduction of chat rooms came to mind. Oh the dial up days.
  • RockWarrior84
    Options

FIFY

My point is that is every where. Don't blame it on mfp, Jesus, I've been hit on playing words with friends. And before online communities happened it was happening at work, or at school, or at church. Or where ever the hell people are because that is reality.

For some reason AOL and the introduction of chat rooms came to mind. Oh the dial up days.

As soon as you heard the screech of connecting online, you knew you were in for something good.

A/S/L was the ultimate question
  • Derpes
    Options

FIFY

You misunderstood my post. Stating a fact about MFP doesn't necessarily place the blame on MFP. Otherwise, your points are all valid.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

FIFY

Wait.

You were hit on at church?

What do you wear under that choir robe?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

FIFY

Wait.

Whatever the preacher asked for

This church..... are they hiring?
  • Motorsheen
    Options

FIFY

Wait.

Think some lawsuit bankrupted them. Something about paying restitution, I don't really remember the specifics.

Any interest in starting your own church?

The tax breaks are quite attractive...... plus you get to set your own rules and regs.
  • RockWarrior84
    Options

FIFY

Wait.

Think some lawsuit bankrupted them. Something about paying restitution, I don't really remember the specifics.

Any interest in starting your own church?

The tax breaks are quite attractive...... plus you get to set your own rules and regs.

I've toyed with it but it always comes back to these damn skeletons in my closet

All churches have them
  • RockWarrior84
    Options

FIFY

As soon as you heard the screech of connecting online, you knew you were in for something good.

And my connection was so *kitten* that by the time my reply was sent, the guy had long since moved on.

He was not gone just took him just as long for it to load.
  • Derpes
    Options

FIFY

And my connection was so *kitten* that by the time my reply was sent, the guy had long since moved on.

He was not gone just took him just as long for it to load.

huh-huh-huh-he-said-load.jpg
  • astral_baby
    astral_baby Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Runner1393 wrote: »
    It doesn’t all come down to ego; sometimes it comes down to religion and ones belief system. I wouldn’t be in an open marriage bc my faith says it’s wrong and condemns it. Flirting isn’t harmless when you believe lusting is wrong. If one believes that the sole purpose of a marriage is to glorify their creator and be a representation of Christ’s love for the church, that cant in good conscience be defiled. For me it has nothing to do with ego, but what I believe is right and wrong. And everyone will believe differently. Xoxoxo

Here, let me rock your theological world for a moment. Actually, scripture says nothing of the sort. True it is God's desire that marriage be between just one man & one woman, but, to have more than one is not a sin & the bible in no way condemns multiple spouses. Even in the NT, the marriages were not limited to one man/one woman, which was a concept taken from the restriction placed on OT Kings who were only supposed to have one wife. The one wife restriction was only placed only on persons of church leadership in the NT based on the idea that this was God's preferred model for marital relationships.
    Nowhere in scripture does it condemn these actions at all. As a matter of fact in Exodus it actually expressly permits it. It's very specific that if someone had multiple spouses, that he was to treat the second wife as well as the first. The parable of the ten virgins. One Bridegroom & ten brides. It wasn't a confusing concept back then. Even God metaphorically describes himself as having a polygamous marriage between Himself, The Kingdom of Judah & the Kingdom of Israel. He also called them both wh-ores in that situation too. Then he declared judgment on one for being too much of a ho & took the other back & for gave her.
    Why do I know this weird random info? Well, I was an associate pastor, a youth pastor, credentialed minister, spent years at bible college & I'm still an avid theology student. (I'm sure a few MFP'ers that are my friends are scratching their heads in disbelief after reading that) I'm ultra conservative theologically speaking, but I'm also a literalist. I refuse to make the bible say something that it doesn't even if it's something I'm not comfortable with.
    Personally, the idea of more than one spouse is pretty forked up & just down right stupid, but your condemnation takes it even a step further than that even the condemning of conversation. All of these people would be perfectly within the biblical realm of freedom of what is permissible if they quit flirting & just said "I Do". Problem solved... or not.
    When it comes down to religion & one's belief system, what does one do when certain bits of this system were built completely on a religious man made agenda vs what scripture actually says?

Lord have mercy
This discussion has been closed.