Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Okay lets confess- the pumpkin muffin put me over on calories today. This is the time of year when I get 1 pumpkin muffin, 1 piece of pumpkin cobbler and 1 piece of pecan pie (one in each month for 3 total this month is muffin next month is cobbler etc). Makes for some red calories, just glad I dont do this weekly like I used to.

Sara, I’m with you on the pumpkin muffin. I walked to our local farmers’ market yesterday for the sole purpose of getting a pumpkin muffin and it was worth all 400+ calories! Like you, that will be it for me. But since it’s my birthday tomorrow, I figured I deserved the indulgence!

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Tess- one day early-

qhuvgplfnz9v.png

2 dinners pork roast /potato/carrot/onion in casserole dishes in fridge - 2 for freezer. 2 bags of only pulled pork for freezer. Little more work than I like, but the results are worth it.

Hot water bottle for eyes, already had my hot chocolate, so I need to "behave".

Wishing all a good night
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Early Birthday, Tess! Hope you have a great day!

I wish I could say, 1 pumpkin anything would be all for me....I found these Pumpkin Mug cake mixes... oh my gosh...sooo yummy! I did only get 2... but, may end up eating both myself...
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Missy- it was actually at an Amish store, here... they get things that are discontinued and sell at amazing prices... these were 45 cents! Not sure how I stopped at 2! Hehe

There is an easy recipe, if you Google... white cake mix and canned pumpkin... there's a 3rd ingredient.... maybe, water or milk....I only had to add 3Tbsp milk to mixes and, it was delicious!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning.

Scale found I high # I havent seen in a long time, so note to self......

Sleep was tough last night, will jump back under the blankets again to get a little more zzz. Wednesday's eye appointment has me a little worried, but I just get to wait and see.

Wave to all who follow.

ps bathroom moment and then reweigh - scale nicer :D , but keeping original weigh in
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi All~~

Just checking in while I have a spot of internet.....

I think I missed someone's birthday - Happy Birthday Tess?!?

ATT supposed to come tomorrow (Tuesday). Failing that, I will be NYC-bound on Wednesday and I'll be connected with the world again.

Annie - You never know what will happen with that house you're looking at.
    When we bought our money pit here in NC, we had a strict high limit of what we could spend. The house listed at a price 50K over that. We made an offer of our limit, and we were declined of course.
    Then a month later, they came back with a lowered counter offer, but it was still 30K over what we could do.
    A month after that they called again and accepted our offer because nobody except us wanted their house.

Thinking of Kathryn ----

Sara - How did it get to be Monday so quickly? Ack. Wednesday is your eye doctor? Sending good vibes for that. Oh - family is safe it seems. Those fires are frightening - a whole different dose of destruction from a hurricane.

Lana
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Drowning, in work... **waves** someone save me

My fitbit tells me I slept well, however I don't feel like it. My shoulders are so sore from my cx worx class.

My scale was super nice to me, even though TOM was still sticking around. Down 1.4 lb

Dinner last night and leftovers are ... delicious

cincyshopper.com/chicken-pot-pie-casserole/

Switched out condense soup for gravy, since my hubby cant do creamy stuff

Meal prep for lunch this week :
    skinnytaste.com/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts/

I added some other stuff I had in the fridge ( shredded carrots and kale )

Sara - Well wishes for your eye appointment

Annie - Lana is completely right. As a licenses Real Estate Agent... so much can happen in the blink of eye.

Happy Birthday Tess!!! I hope you are enjoying your day ;)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

My NSV is leaving half of the cookies and cream biscuits for tomorrow at work..... okay only slightly proud.

Bad sleep last night as well, so hoping for an improvement.

Love Skinnytaste stuffed bell peppers - have some in freezer from last year --- time to remove :o

Lana - glad your relatives are safe.

Leftover pork with potatoes/carrots and onions. Life is rough sometimes....

Wishing all a good night.

• mannins3
    mannins3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I recently canceled my weight watchers membership. I'm not sure why but I just felt so restricted. I'm hoping MFP helps me form some sustainable habits.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome Mannins~~

Waving to Dani - Congratulations on the great, great weigh in!! Good for you!

Sara - your dinner sounds yummy!

Waving to Dawn and Tess and Annie and Missy. Where is Mango and Samuels? and Saltine?

......time to lie down and put feet up......See you all tomorrow~~

Lana
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your birthday wishes. It was a lovely day (even with going to work!) And, the fall weather finally arrived - cooler temps and no humidity!

Have a restful night.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Ran out of steam yesterday and while it is early, paper came, so dog started day for me. Just is, will knit awhile before finding some zzzz.

Another lady at work is having full on migraines from eye strain, so I asked her why is she not wearing her new glasses? I will be getting my new pair next week so I told her we will both have to break them in. Shoes are waiting for their trial, may take a pair today to work to see......

Mannins same lady above just started WW to eat better and with any luck lose weight, but she is going slowly - her wedding in April is her immediate goal, but is also looking long term. It has been so long since I did WW, at my age short term memory can be seconds -hahahaha -???? ..... that I forgot about the "extra" points. She made chili over the weekend to set up meals for the week, so she is creating better habits and that is a good foundation of any food
    "system".

Lana hope your phone situation gets fixed today.....

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • dani_1977
    Options
    Morning All!!

I hanging on by a wing and a prayer today. Even less sleep last night. I have no clue what the problem is. Im usually a sleeper and dont have any issues getting it.

Trip to the dentist this morning, received some fillings, so I cant eat for a bit. And of course Im super hungry

Mannins - A few years ago I made the leap from WW to MFP, but Im sure they changed the point system since then. To me the biggest thing was learning to weigh my food accurately. Also not eating dry snacks (pop corn or crackers), choosing nuts, veggies, fruits, cheese as snacks.

Gem - Wow only 891 calories... how can you not want to punch people in the face constantly

No clue what dinner is... must scroll through Pinterest for ideas. I wish I had of thought putting beef stew in the crock pot ... oh well I guess that will be for another day

• explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - sorry I've been absent lately. Have a lot going on, between school and working at the wedding plans.

I've hit something of a stall over the past week, and I know it's largely because of digestive system issues, but I'm going to take it as a sign that I need to tighten up on logging and stick better to my gym routine. I kinda crashed last week on that because I had so much going on with school and the wedding plans, but...this is part of the wedding plans; I have to make time for it.

Last weekend, the boyfriend and I went out to Vegas to check out the place we were planning to use as our venue. Turns out we have to go elsewhere - the venue was everything we were hoping for but staff was...not. We made an appointment to tour. They forgot about it. Was told that they only show up to the sales department on Sundays if someone has an appointment - we called, and there was no one there. They just left us hanging. So if that's the kind of service we can expect...not the best sign. Look, we're not gonna be super picky, we're gonna work with our vendors to the best of our ability, but...we're not pushovers. There are a few things that are dealbreakers. Leaving us hanging like that is one of them. So, we're going back this coming weekend to check out other places. And then next weekend is my first obstacle course race. The weekend after that is the only one I have free until Thanksgiving weekend. It's all getting a bit overwhelming...and pretty exciting.

In more fun (and health-related) news, things I've gotten lately include a new fitness tracker, and a large electric pressure cooker someone discarded. The latter was sitting out in front of one of the nicer buildings in town with a "FREE - DAMAGED BUT WORKS" sign on it; I tested it out last night and it does, indeed, work amazingly; the damage is, in fact, purely cosmetic (and makes me like it even more, because that just means it has a story). That's going to make cooking after school a lot simpler.

And...that's about all the important stuff that's going on. This update is already getting pretty long. Hope everyone else is having a nice day.
  • mmcjj
    mmcjj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to this group but was looking for support while I try (once more) to lose weight. Is anybody interested in an accountability partner?
  • dani_1977
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Gem... hahahahahha!

Mango!! So sorry to here about you wedding venue. I hope you find something soon. And I completely agree with the decision made, if you are going to forget about me now, what happens on my wedding day.

Congrats on the pressure cooker score... Im super jealous. Ive been wanting one. And what type of fitness tracker did you get?

MMCJJ- Welcome to the crew . If you want to friend me, feel free to do so
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tracking was fine until I remembered I shared a bagel with cream cheese with someone at work. Imagine if I had had the whole thing - yikes and not worth the calories :o

Dog is ready for her walk, wishing all a good night.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    mannins3 wrote: »
    I recently canceled my weight watchers membership. I'm not sure why but I just felt so restricted. I'm hoping MFP helps me form some sustainable habits.

I just canceled mine. I’m at my 30 points today for WW but at 891 calories on MFP. It gets frustrating at times with the difference. I think I’m going to try a more Mediterranean diet. Maybe even give Keto or paleo a try. I shall see going to do my research before just jumping completely on board.

Missy,
    This is what drove me crazy with Weight Watchers and their over-done point system and free fruits and veggies, blah, blah....Then when they got rid of the Community Boards, I left. Oh, and did I say I couldn't afford it any more?

I hope that you can find something you like and fits well for you.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Mango - Sorry about that wedding venue--I wish you good luck finding the place that will be appreciative of your business and be perfect for your celebration.

Dani - I hope you get some better sleep tonight.

Sara - You have a good Wednesday tomorrow. I'll be traveling tomorrow, so you keep an eye on those Cabana Boys.

Lana

245.0 this morning
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning, up with the paper early..... sleep will not be a problem after breakfast....

Breaking in new shoes 2 pair at work, wear for an hour or so and then switch back. One pair is leather and the other is a form of synthetic.

Eye apt today will be happy when it is done. Teriyaki chicken for lunch at work. May/may not get flu shot today - depends on how long the line is - will get tomorrow otherwise.

Food choices have been fine - perhaps a little too much sugar as 'reward'.

Dawn - love my essential oil I use it at night to sleep.

Lana - safe travel. Did that phone thing get fixed?? Cboys need a work out and I am in the mood to throw things on the floor to watch them bend over.....

Wave to all who follow.