Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

Sara - No, the phone thing never got fixed, and I had to leave.
    The house literally has two phone lines, so the line with the internet on it is working just fine. However, the line that is the telephone land line is all screwed up, and will have to be addressed in a month or more when I get back there again. Thankfully the alarm system is mostly working.

I hope that your shoes break in soon and that your eye doctor appointment goes well for you. Let us know.

Everyone have a great day. See you tomorrow.

Lana

243.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Its one thing when you say to someone, "My brother was a good man." Its a whole different thing when you have literally HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of people from all walks of life - politicians, farmers, professional/college athletes, movie/tv actors, writers, students, artists, and everything in between - testify how he impacted their lives and what a great man and role model he was. The laughter almost outweighed the tears as stories, memories, and his bad jokes were shared by all. The service was truly a Celebration of Life.

The family members have dispersed. My house is empty now except for DH and pets. I keep checking in with my SIL to make sure she is doing ok. They would have been married 40 years next spring. She had turned 18 the month before they got married. They had been inseparable until now.

Losing my brother on the heels of losing my grandmother & my cousin has left me rather emotionally exhausted. I am back to work today, but still trying to get myself back into any kind of routine. Feeling rather numb.

I took comfort in comfort foods and a lot of sweets. I did not log anything until today. Amazingly, the scales did not skyrocket. I guess I did enough worrying and running to burn off a few calories. Trying to get back into good habits again. Its tough.

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts as I have been dealing with all of this.
  • LanaCabana537

Oh Kathryn, it IS numbing to lose people so close and dear to us. Three people passing away is unbearable.
    I wish I could come and sit by your side and put my arms around you and rub your back and give you as many hugs as you could stand. I wish you peace and sleep and little tiny moments of joy tomorrow and the next day and onward....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Good evening,

Kathryn, sounds like your brother's service was perfect and one he would have enjoyed done for him. Dont be afraid to consider grief counseling at some point. Thrilled you have kept the "elephant" off your scale. Cabana Boys are thinking of making you a custom drink .... foot massages are mandatory today.

Eye appointment was a green light - she could not find anything seriously wrong with my eyes to cause the symptoms I am having she thinks it is part of the shift in eye fluid and my brain talking to my bad eye which cant understand and sends mixed messages to my good eye - yes I was a little lost on that one too. KIND dark chocolate peanut bar helped afterwards.

The lady who has driven me to dr appointments went to Michael's a craft store here to get a binder/organizer for her workers to give them an incentive to do better - best improvement next month gets binder. Luckily we hit sales and the $$ wasnt too bad.

Thinking of making this this weekend http://www.skinnytaste.com/brussels-sprouts-and-sausage-parsnip-spiralized-pasta/ - serves 2ish

Lana - hope your traveling goes well.

Will be in red today with calories and so long as I track it all

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Taco truck for lunch today, company sponsored -but corn tortillas with pork carnitas and a little sour cream wont be as bad as some of their options - lets see if I remembered their menu correctly......

Flu shot at work today - couldnt get yesterday as I had to fly to dr apt. Looking forward to getting new glasses next week sometime. Dental cleaning next week as well - these appointments are tiresome but perhaps they will calm down. Luckily I am careful with my time off and am not losing $$ with taking time off.

Before this becomes an essay - wave to all who follow. Wishing everyone a great Thursday.
  • LanaCabana537

Well yesterday was a travel day, so my deeply-entrenched habits ruled the day. Scale is up; salt was up.
    Today - back in control. Sensible eating is the order of the day. I even bailed on a lunch get-together rather than have it throw me off. Gotta do what I gotta do....there will be more lunches out....

Sara - I am glad for you about the green light at eye doctor.
    That skinny taste recipe looks yummy.

Kathryn - Sara's idea about grief support group is a good idea. Once you catch your breath, please consider seeking one out.

Waves to all who follow today~~

Lana

245.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Morning,

Kathryn ~ Wow your brother sounds like wonderful person. Hugs to you and your family, I have had plenty of deaths in my family and I can so relate to the back to back deaths and mental exhaustion . It really does effect you, be sure as Sarah says, look into grief counselor . And I'm so happy the scale was gentle to you. One less thing for you to stressed about

Much better sleep over the past few nights. Thank goodness.

Sarah ~ That recipe looks so yummy!!!! And Im super jealous of that taco lunch.

Lana~ Great idea about the lunch. Sometimes one must sacrifice to get back on track

Weigh in day for me tomorrow
  • LanaCabana537

Dani - Sending skinny vibes for tomorrow!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Held to the food I tracked (even with the not tracked kit kat fun size), so I am still in the red but I didnt let loose, so NSV for me. We had a longer lunch today so I took a 20 minute walk.

Fried rice in toaster oven - dont want to wash fry pans today...... Eye glasses are ready to pick up already so I will call them tomorrow to verify they are open Saturdays.....

Brain is spiraling down the drain. Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning.

I will miss the security guard who used to sing the "Final Countdown" on Fridays- it is on his phone. He has a good job upstairs and with a new baby better pay, so it worked out.

Rained last night, which is nice anyway - but with the fires it is a real blessing.

Thinking of my eating habits and all the food we have had paraded in front of us this week at work almost makes me ill. Today is dessert day and so is Monday - when those who won the company prize will be celebrated (no presentation or anything, so I am a little ???? at this whole thing)- so I will bypass today's extra calories and aim for Monday.

Gifted young lady at work my Skinnytaste cookbook - she has driven me to dr apts and will not take money.

Wishing all a great TGIF!! Wave to all who follow.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    *waves to all who drop by today*

Family photos this Sunday. Keeping fingers crossed I can fit into my jeans. (retaining water, bloating, fun stuff like that) The DILs decided on the color palette - fall colors such as burgundy, golds, dark oranges, navy, neutrals, browns, olive, etc. Will see if the weather cooperates. Exciting as this is the first time our grandson will be in them! He is 9 months old and a real wiggle worm! Am more concerned with him sitting still than I am about the dog! LOL :D

Work surprised me with a hefty donation to my brother's Purdue scholarship fund. Also received small gifts/notes from co-workers. <3

Scale not so pleasant today, but still much less than what I thought it would be considering my eating habits the last few weeks. I have started logging again, but have not made huge effort to curb cravings yet - 500 to 1600 in the red each day. :( Still trying to get back to good habits.

164.6 current
    216 highest
    145 goal

Need to be grabbing a lounge chair in the sunshine to warm up. A bit cool here this morning.
    *snapping fingers for Cboys to bring drinks & suntan lotion*
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA for the past while, just been really busy with work & life...lol

Kathryn ~ I am so very sorry for your loss, I wish you all the best and once everything settles down please do take the time to grieve & I agree, seek guidance to help. Knowing from experience I will not tell you time will help you heal as I really don't think it does, life just continues and everyday you push through, cry a little less but you will never stop missing/remembering/talking about your loved one & I think that is okay because to me that keeps them alive in some way! o:)

Well I surpassed my walking goal last month by 100 km (total for September was 228.21 km) so I upped it for Oct to 250 km & only have 82.22 km to go. Even with all this extra walking I haven't seen a huge drop in weight but do notice the scale is dropping a bit and my clothes are feeling a bit looser on me so that is a plus!

Sara, I am so happy for you that there is nothing seriously wrong with your eyes!

I really do hope everyone has a great weekend!

***Waves to all who follows***

Saltine :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Frozen lasagna in toaster oven.

Asked manager if she was going to the dessert 'fest' Monday at work - 3 of her employees are awarded. I told her I had no clue who nominated me or why, so she told me she did for all the knitting I have been doing. Manager nominates me, that is a nice thing.

Steered away from desserts offered today had a P3 which had honey roasted peanuts and ham jerky (maple flavored) so enough salt/sugar for me.

Kathryn nice to get family together - pictures are not so fun, but do your best.

Saltine - wow good for you for exploding past your goal. I am trying to walk more, but will probably not see the mileage you get - larger fitting clothes is a nice side effect even if scale # doesnt cooperate.

Wave to all who follow. Cboys need to be kept busy, so stop by. Good night.
  • FUBWBT
    FUBWBT Posts: 14 Member
    Pulled the plug on my weightwatchers membership. Lost 26 lbs the first 5 months and then just fizzled for the last 10 months or so...tired of paying when I am not committed. Hope I can maintain my loss and maybe even start to lose again with MFP.
    Current weight: 170.2
    Goal weight: 135
    Long way to go.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed - looking for more zzzz for me.

Welcome FUBWBT - WW is a great program, finding a meeting and having the $$ to do so is not always easy as many of us on this thread have experienced. Stop by and post when you can. One of my favorite quotes from WW boards is Just.Dont.Stop.

Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Ladies~~

I'm in a rush - errands and packing before noon train to Wash. DC to visit with dear sister, my only sibling.
    We are going to do the museums and watch TV at night and just spend time together; I haven't seen her since August of 2016!

Sara - nice that your manager nominated you. I hope you are pleased with your eyeglasses.

Kathryn - Glad to see you by the pool - you keep those CBoys busy!

Saltine!!!!!!! Yay!

Waves to all who follow!

Lana

243.8 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Welcome to DC, Lana! The weather is gorgeous - hope you and your sister have a great time. Let us know what you do.

After all week in an office, finally spent some time outside today with DH at a nearby national park. Desperately needed some nature to soothe my soul, and needed some exercise as well. :smile:

BBL

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Dog this afternoon wanted out so we took a walk and sunbathing was what she did mostly. Good day to be outside, so hey, why not?

Under on calories today - cant say that often and not hungry, will have hot chocolate later and even that is in calories..... unusual.

Wishing all a good night.
  • FUBWBT
    FUBWBT Posts: 14 Member
    I had a great day food wise...until dessert. I knew when I bought the vanilla caramel cream pie I would have a hard time resisting but I bought it anyway. But one piece of pie does not make it a terrible day unless I let it. I choose to consider it a good day and be happy. Hope you all had a great day too. Such perfect weather!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Wow...I got a lot of catching up to do... my phone crashed and, I had to reinstall MFP... the last few days have just been 1 thing after another.... hoping it starts looking better...