How to become that skinny friend who eats what they want and dont gain weight

Options

Replies

• Gibby349
    Gibby349 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    There was a program on BBC (I think) where someone swore that their skinny friend ate way more then them. So the news show took them to task and recorded everything each ate. You can probably guess the result. I will try to find a link...

Cool would love to see it
  • Gibby349
    Options
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Because I live with one and I do see them all the time and have friends also who are like this

Seriously, if you can do it without being intrusive or creepy, keep an actual tally of the calories they're consuming. You might be surprised.

I dont even need to do that .Okay let me tell you what their typical diet is like.Morning breakfast 2 fried eggs 2 sausages 2 rashers 2 pudding 2 slices of toast.Dinner a nine inch pizza with fries and garlic bread.Then a big tub of ben and jerrys later on then a family pack of doritos and a chocolate bar.Then before they sleep they eat sausage rolls more buttered toast and some cookies .Now honestly that has to be atleast 4000 cals

And what do they do all day?

They dont do anything they dont work

So you sit at home with them all day doing nothing?

No I dont .Okay dont believe me then but I know this person inside and out and they have always ate lots of junk food all the time and stayed the same weight

Why does this bother you so much? You have to do what works for you. I can't eat the same as my 100lbs heavier, 7 inches taller than me husband and expect to not gain weight. Thems the facts. *shrug*

Who says it bothers me ? I Posted the question to see if anyone knew how it was possible for them to live like this and stay the same as I am curious I aint bothered hun .

Because their tdee is higher than yours. Are they the same height and weight as you?

Same height not same weight
  • Gibby349
    Options
    What are you currently doing? Weight loss isn't difficult. You may be making harder than it needs to be.

Oh this isnt about my weight loss .I am losing weight at a steady pace.This is just a question about other people thats all
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use to be the skinny friend. I was 125 lbs soak wet now i'm a type two diabetic and over weight. I guess you can say it all caught up with me in time

Ha, yes! I was definitely on the road to the same results before getting it in gear a few years ago.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    There was a program on BBC (I think) where someone swore that their skinny friend ate way more then them. So the news show took them to task and recorded everything each ate. You can probably guess the result. I will try to find a link...

This might be the one dewd2 was thinking of??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7838668.stm

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/why-are-thin-people-not-fat/

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I eat tons... especially when I'm out and about... but I'm also bulking. And I'm a jumping bean who hates to sit still. While I gain weight, to people around me (unless they see me in a bikini during the winter) it is hard to notice a difference.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

This might be the one dewd2 was thinking of??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7838668.stm

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/why-are-thin-people-not-fat/

No, it was a segment on a show. I can't find it in my history. I originally found it from a link on this forum.

The bottom line was that heavier friend ate way more calories than the skinny friend. The heavier woman under estimated her intake and over estimated her friends.