October 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    ACK!!! MAJOR ISSUE WITH 935 THAT I DID NOT ACCOUNT FOR!!

PANIC!!

They do not have a RoadId that fits it! :cry:

I asked about it in their chat, and they said no. I told them that made me sad, so they sent me a picture to cheer me up:

ae0i4nbitzn5.png

Clever distraction... but I still have no RoadId. :cry:

The one for my AppleWatch ALMOST fit. I think I will try heating it up with my torch and bending it a bit.

HAHAHAHAHA! What a fluffy creature!

My roadID is a separate band. I like it very much that way. I would wear it on motorcycle rides, I keep it in my car and I have it traveling, not only when I wear my Garmin.

That is what my wife does but I ONLY wear my watch. I wear it all day, every day. I do not want a second thing to wear/track. *shrugs*

Does anyone have any RoadId coupons? I talked to another agent and they said they have some for the 935 on back order and if I call I can order one - but to do it fast as they might be discontinued.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I have a coupon at home, but I won't be there for 3-4 hours. Want me to PM you a code and amount (I think it was $5, but not certain) later or is that too long to wait?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I have a coupon at home, but I won't be there for 3-4 hours. Want me to PM you a code and amount (I think it was $5, but not certain) later or is that too long to wait?

That will work great, thank!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @PastorVincent I might have a coupon too, I'll let you know.
    @Elise4270 @seanevan10 and I are August hotties!
    @LC0924 people here run in way colder weather than I do. I've run down to about -2 with wind chill. I always wear a dri fit base layer with wool socks. Sometimes I'll wear a thin pair of dri fit socks with wool over them. I dress in layers and don't hesitate to throw on a heavy hoodie since every thing under is dri fit.

I think this article:

http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2014/12/training-tips/freezing-wear-winter-runs_33932

Also I dress for 10 degrees warmer than it is, because you will warm up. If I'm cold when I walk out the door I'm good to go, if I'm warm, I take a layer off.

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    I don't know about all marathon runners birthday edge, but I know the hottest runners were born in August...just sayin'

@skippygirlsmom Darn right!!!

I am so supprised that NO ONE has claimed that August birthday. Who are these "Hotties"?

I feel like @MobyCarp must be the August baby :D
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I don't know about all marathon runners birthday edge, but I know the hottest runners were born in August...just sayin'

I am so supprised that NO ONE has claimed that August birthday. Who are these "Hotties"?

I feel like @MobyCarp must be the August baby :D

Nope, I'm December. Not a month mentioned so far for being best or worst of anything. Except for disappointing my club the year I was 59, because I didn't age up until *after* club nationals. And for getting "Merry Birthday" presents as a kid.

Interestingly enough, my sister who thinks she's slow is November. The one who was surprised to finish 2nd in her age group in a 5K that she ran plodding and out of shape. The same one who goes to age group national triathlon competition, because it's pretty easy to qualify by winning her age group in a local tri. The same one who thinks she'll never BQ; I think she has a chance if she ever runs a marathon, particularly since now she will have the 65 year old female BQ target. Might be hard, but it's not impossible. The open question is whether she wants to train that hard.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB- I am a February b-day too :( They can tell us we are slow, but we know better ;)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    ha ha @lporter229 what are you talking about ha ha
    @girlinahat "they" are liars
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    12/10 3.21 miles
    17/10 3.31 miles
    18/10 3.79 miles
    25/10 3.56 miles
    26/10 4.07 miles- that was a real sufferfest, I felt wheezy & sluggish the whole time, I didn't quit tho :p
    And that is all that matters! Hope you have a better rest of your day!
  • seanevan10
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

take up running they said. It’s a cheap sport, you can just throw on so shoes and go they said....

Hahaha!!! My husband and I just had this conversation. And then I told him that I wanted to do a triathlon.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Ummmm....HELLO!!!! Best birthday month Ever! Plus, I turned 42 this year(Aug 15th) so I am the Hottest answer to the universe.

I'll one up you (sort of). My bday is 4-2 so the universe is always out to eff with me. LOL! My 42nd year was miserable. I hope yours is amazingly awesome and you win the lottery, PR, and get famous for your awesomeness. :wink:

ETA I love end of month chatter. So nice getting to know everyone.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    October goal: 70 miles

10/1: 7.7 miles
    10/3: 3 miles (intervals)
    10/4: 3.1 miles
    10/5: 2.3 miles
    10/7: 3.1 miles (race)
    10/8: 5.7 miles
    10/10: 3.3 miles (intervals)
    10/11: 3.2 miles
    10/12: 2.7 miles
    10/14: 3.1 miles (virtual race)
    10/15: 7.2 miles
    10/17: 3.1 miles (intervals)
    10/18: 2.6 miles
    10/19: 3.3 miles
    10/22: 8 miles
    10/24: 2.6 miles (intervals)
    10/25: 3.5 miles
    10/26: 2.8 miles

70.3/70 miles

I hit my goal for October! And I still have my long run on Sunday.

Today's run was nice, but it was windy! I could really tell a difference in my pace. I was almost a full minute slower than yesterday.

@hjeppley I only liked your post because the zombie run sounds fun. That other stuff definitely does not sound fun. Hopefully you won't have to do that much longer.

@MNLittleFinn I love how you can run 100km one weekend and then complain about feeling lazy. I would probably still feel dead.

I'm with the slower April birthdays. Oh well, I'm a lot faster than I used to be.

ETA Looks like my ticker is slow to. I hate it when it takes forever to update. Especially when I met my goal. Of course since I'm editing to mention it will probably be updated when I save this post.

exercise.png

• seanevan10
    Options

Ummmm....HELLO!!!! Best birthday month Ever! Plus, I turned 42 this year(Aug 15th) so I am the Hottest answer to the universe.

I'll one up you (sort of). My bday is 4-2 so the universe is always out to eff with me. LOL! My 42nd year was miserable. I hope yours is amazingly awesome and you win the lottery, PR, and get famous for your awesomeness. :wink:

ETA I love end of month chatter. So nice getting to know everyone.

I would love to do all of those things. Especially the "win the lottery" part.