November 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Wore three pairs of tights this morning- thighs fared better even if they looked huge from the mega layer job! A lot of very disgruntled deer hanging out :#

November 1- 18+8
    November 2- 22
    November 3- 20
    November 4- 42
    November 5- 20

130/500km

2018 Races
    *JAJA Trail Marathon, April 1
    *Red Deer Marathon, May 20
    *Cactus Coulee Crawl 30km, TBA June
    ??? Sinister 7 100 Mile, TBA July
    *Run in the Buff 120km TBA August
    *Lost Souls 100 Mile September 7
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    11/2: 4.8
    11/3: 3
    11/5: 8 (Perfect weather. Cloudy with little rain B). No people at the trail though, which was a little surprising)

15.8 total

exercise.png
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Didn't feel like braving the cold this morning (-20C with wind chill) so stayed inside and ran on the treadmill.

exercise.png[\img]
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    November Running:
    11/01: 4.11 mile easy run + 45 min biking + strength
    11/02: 7.05 miles- 5@HMP
    11/03: 75 min biking
    11/04: 14.03 mile long run
    Total: 25.19 miles

Notes:
    14.03 mile long run yesterday at 9:22 average pace. It's amazing how I ran a marathon 4 weeks ago and yet 14 miles already seems so far again... This was my first time doing a long run from home, and I have to say it worked out really well! Much more convenient than running from the school gym or taking the bus to the lakefront trail. My butt was a little tired/sore for the last few miles, probably because I've been doing extra hill running and strength training the last two weeks :sweat_smile:

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    Space Coast Half Marathon - 11/26/17
    Jingle Bell Run 5K - 12/09/17
    Excalibur 10 Miler - 03/18/18
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,003 Member
    Options
    November goal: 70 miles

11/1: 3.4 miles
    11/2: 3.1 miles
    11/5: 7.7 miles

14.2/70 miles

It was hot by the time I headed out for my long run. I was hoping for 8 miles but only managed 7.7. I was slower than I have been in a long time. So even though it wasn't a bad run, I was disappointed. I've run when it was hotter, but a few days of cooler weather is all it takes to not be acclimated to the heat. I was so hot that as soon as I got home I took a shower even though our gas is still turned off and we have no hot water. I have taken cool showers before, but I usually use at least a little warm water. We do have to have our gas lines replaced so we are waiting on a quote from the plumber. It sucks because we will have to get it done. Hopefully it won't be much longer. I guess it is a good thing we are having some warmer temps. And we are lucky to have family close by so showers are not a problem, just an inconvenience.

@skippygirlsmom Sorry about the car, but so glad that Skip is ok.

exercise.png

• NikolaosKey
    NikolaosKey Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I was kinda late to register my goals in this thread, but I was expecting to be called for a weekly army re-training which I finally avoid. So, I am back to declare a 200k goal for this month

11/1: 10k -Easy-
    11/3: 12.1k -Easy+strides-
    11/4: 14.4k -w/u, Intervals, c/d-
    11/5: 20.2k -Long run-

56.7k/200k

Stay hydrated!

Upcoming races:
    9/16: 4th Kavala Night City Run 10k: 49:47 (new PR)
    9/24: Xiropotamos Trail 2017 11k: 1:17:59
    10/1: Voreia Sirris Challenge 23k: Not registered
    10/15: Nestos Trail VFUT 10k: 49:51
    11/26: 4th Democritus Half Marathon
    12/10: Valdirkeia Run10k
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    11/4 2.35
    11/5 3.0

Total 5.35/20
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 I’m sorry to laugh but that is pretty funny, they were 3 miles ahead of you.
    Thanks @kgirlhart
    Great long runs today !!
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    November 1 - 16.5 km run / strength training
    November 2 - rest day
    November 3 - 16.5 km run
    November 4 - Strength training
    November 5 - 5 km club/14 km run
    November 6 - 19 km run

71 km completed - 269 km to goal
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    11/01/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 0.0
    11/02/17 :::: 2.7 :::: 2.7
    11/03/17 :::: 4.3 :::: 7.0
    11/04/17 :::: 7.6 :::: 14.6
    11/05/17 :::: 3.2 :::: 17.7

Managed to do both power hot yoga this morning and a treadmill run this afternoon, so I feel pretty accomplished. At least I worked off some of those birthday margaritas and chips and guacamole from last night (which were delicious). I haven't done that yoga class in a long time so thought it was just me, but a lot of people commented on it being extra hot today, we were sweating buckets. I was never so relieved to get to the savasana at the end and just lie down for a while. I felt really loosened up for running later, so maybe I should do more of that.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    October goal: Not chicken out and Register for Zumbro. Start training for Zumbro and figure out real mileage
    Nominal Mileage goal: 100 miles???

11/1- REST
    11/2- 3.1+ 20 minutes shoveling
    11/3- REST
    11/4- 7.8
    11/5- 4

Total: 13.9

Today's notes- Today's assignment was 1 hour trail run at easy pace. Run ended up being 59:08 and 4 miles for a 14:43 average pace. Considering that the first mile was straight uphill and the second was trying to navigate slick rocks downhill, not too bad. Oh, did I mention that there was 4 inches of went, stick your shoes but still slide like crazy snow on the ground? Yeah, so much for an "easy" trail run. Last 2 miles were flatter and on a paved trail, but here's the thing, when there's snow on the ground, you don't need a "real"trail, because paved trails become technical! Good run nonetheless.

Hope everyone is having a Runderful day!

2017 Races Scheduled
    6/16- William A Irvin 5k
    6/17- Grandma's Marathon 4:24:06
    7/15- Eugene Curnow Trail Marathon 7:22:23
    8/12- UMTR FatAss "Not Quite" 50k DNF, too darn hot out
    8/19- Rampage at the Ridge 5k OCR
    9/23- Ely Marathon 6:24:36
    10/21 Wild Duluth 100k 18:15:51
    11/23- TBD 5k Turkey Trot???

2018 races
    4/13- Zumbro Endurance Race 100 Mile
    5/19- Superior Trail 25k (Lottery)
    7/8- Afton 50k???
    9/8- Superior Trail 50 mile (Lottery)
    10/xx Wild Duluth 50k? 100k?

http://teachertrailrunner.blogspot.com/
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 Sorry about your hip! I hope it's nothing serious.
    @JessicaMcB Brrr, I'm freezing just thinking about -23°C! Running a marathon in that is really brave. Awesome run!
    Before my summer vacation in Canada this year I had never heard of Tim Hortons. Now I finally know what you and @juliet3455 are talking about :wink:
    @skippygirlsmom I'm glad Skip is okay! What a mess with the insurance...
    @bride001 Ugh, what a tough run. Can you exchange the battery on your phone? Or disable some battery hungry apps? Mine lasts at least five hours with music, bluetooth, and GPS run recording, or maybe longer. I took a battery pack with my on my first marathon, but never needed it... Kudos on finishing your planned distance! And you ran all of that distance back and forth on the same stretch of road? Wow, that's dedication.
    @edb359 and @lindieloo1 Welcome to this challenge!
    @bjderhak Great that your long run was so much better than the last :smile:
    @Orphia That photo is really stunning! And congratulations on the huge time improvement.

---

There were a few sunny hours today, but I didn't go out to run until after it started raining. Not entirely on purpose, there was just a lot of things that got in the way. Including (I am not kidding) the time spent counting my workout shirts :D
    That wasn't planned; but the shirt I wanted to wear on my run today was at the bottom of the pile, and when I tried to pull it out all of the shirts ended up in a big mess on the floor. So I had to fold them all again. I couldn't believe how many there where - turns out I have 5 long-sleeved running shirts (which is perfectly fine) and 20 short-sleeved (which seems a little excessive).
    In my defence, I also wear them for other sports like hiking and climbing. And some of them are racerback tank tops, and some no-sleeve shirts (which I prefer for climbing), and some regular T-shirts. And at least three are race shirts that I never wear because I dislike either the fit or the material, but keep them for sentimental reasons: they are from my first 10k, my first half marathon and my second marathon.

But still - 25 workout shirts? (plus five cycling jerseys, but they are on another pile in the closet, so they don't count ^^)
    Am I the only one who is that bad, or is that amount of running clothing normal?

exercise.png

I don't count because I don't want to know... lol
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Went out for an easy five miles today. Isn’t it great to be able to say that?

Had originally planned a bit longer but glad I turned back when I did - my quads were starting to talk to me. But it was sunny and worth being out. People were letting off fireworks in the middle of the day (it’s Bonfire Night/Guy Fawkes night tonight so traditionally firework season) which seemed pointless in broad daylight!

I’ve also recently signed up for Crossfit. I have to do six sessions of fundamentals before doing classes, but taking these a bit more spaced out than I need to to allow my body to adjust a bit. Fully expecting to spend the next few months with achy muscles!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    11/01 - Sick, forced rest day
    11/02 - 9 miles
    11/03 - 10 miles
    11/04 - 12 Miles @ 9:16
    11/05 - 11.5 miles @ 9:26

Big Hary Audacious Goal: Sub 4 hours in Pittsburgh 2018!

Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

Thanksgiving morning - Turkey Trot - Double Gobbler! (5K + 5 miles)
    12/02/17 - Santa 5k
    05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.
    05/12/18 - Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Ultra (or maybe 30K Still debating)

Setting my next goal to bet 15 miles in under 2:10. If the weather works out, that will be my long run next weekend. Had too much going on to fight for that today. Will do some more hills this week since my elevation this weekend has been a wimpy 1500 feet or so. I am playing the still getting over a cold card for this weekend ;)