• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    11/2: 4.8
    11/3: 3
    11/5: 8
    11/8: 4 miles (Note to myself, when it is 43~ degrees outside, don’t wear a hat) :p

19.8 miles so far...

exercise.png

Nice running and, yeah, a hat is overkill for 43.

Thanks :) Yeah definitely overkill. I know better for the future now.

You might find that down into the 30s you don't need a hat.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    November goal 100miles, at least 1mpd

11/1 4.43
    11/2 2.25
    11/3 6.35
    11/4 2.25
    11/5 4.50
    11/6 2.22 + snorkel 3.5hours
    11/7 7.00
    11/8 2.32

Total: 31.32

Virtual hugs to @RespectTheKitty ...

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:

exercise.png

• hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Super busy for a while and didn't get a chance to report. I am falling a bit behind (missed a running day because I ran out of time right before an out of town trip) but did get in my longest run all year (10 mi) on Sunday. PT on the other hand....I have not been keeping to my 5 days a week, in fact I have not been doing it much at all --getting back on track by doing it tonight!

Day/Distance/Comments

11/1 Walked outside for 45 min + did my PT
    11/2 Ran 3.5 mi + walked 0.75 mi + PT
    11/3 Fail (intended to run but ran out of time before leaving town)
    11/4 Walked while out of town
    11/5 Ran 10 mi + stretched
    11/6 Water walked + stretched and foam rolled a bit
    11/7 Ran 3.5 mi + walked a bit
    11/8 Walked outside + getting back on track with PT

Goal: 90 mi
    Total: 17 mi
    To go: 73 mi
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    11/01 - Sick, forced rest day
    11/02 - 9 miles
    11/03 - 10 miles
    11/04 - 12 Miles @ 9:16
    11/05 - 11.5 miles @ 9:26
    11/06 - 6 Easy Miles
    11/07 - Missed Run
    11/08 - 8 Easy Miles @ 9:08 pace

Big Hary Audacious Goal: Sub 4 hours in Pittsburgh 2018!

Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

Thanksgiving morning - Turkey Trot - Double Gobbler! (5K + 5 miles)
    12/02/17 - Santa 5k
    05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.
    05/12/18 - Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Ultra (or maybe 30K Still debating)

2020 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @PastorVincent you need to take off that 30k option off your race list. You know that @JessicaMcB and I are going to talk you into the 50k.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    So today was that in between temperature when it is not really clear what to wear. I mean when it is 20F I know to grab my cold gear and etc. When it is 60F I know heat gear time. But today was 45F or so at the start with a gentle wind. Not really warm enough for full heat gear, and full cold kit would have killed me. Decided on long sleeve insulated top, and shorts.

Ran at what I thought was a "comfortable pace" - trying to learn to run by feel and not depend on the watch so much. Well ended up at a 9:09 avg pace with 751 feet of elevation (Garmin corrected value). I definitely could have kept going, but I ran out of time.

A 9:09 is a 4-hour marathon, so I am getting there! If I can learn to run about a 9 min pace in training, then I could probably push to 8:45 or a bit faster race day. The only question now is can I hold that pace for 18 more miles! :lol: If the weather holds I plan to attempt 15 miles @ 9 min pace this weekend, but not looking promising right now.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @PastorVincent you need to take off that 30k option off your race list. You know that @JessicaMcB and I are going to talk you into the 50k.

285jlswmf9wl.jpg

HA! I am seriously thinking about it... if it was not SIX DAYS after my planned PR attempt Pittsburgh Marathon, I would do it for sure. Also, it would be my first trail race ever - and I was told it was a "technical trail" (3rd hand though)- not sure what that means, but I assume that means it is hard. :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    OH! Forgot the picture I took...Cool color effect on the horizon at sunset. I am facing slightly east of south, in the Northern Hemisphere so the setting sun well off to my left out of the frame.

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Question for the techies (and probably even the non-techies) from the technically challenged: I forgot my Garmin today so I downloaded the RunKeeper app to track my run. How do I sync that to Strava? I know it's probably really simple, I just don't know what I am missing.
  • PastorVincent
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Question for the techies (and probably even the non-techies) from the technically challenged: I forgot my Garmin today so I downloaded the RunKeeper app to track my run. How do I sync that to Strava? I know it's probably really simple, I just don't know what I am missing.

Very easy - open the run on the RunKeeper web page. Scroll down on the right side and look for the link that says GPX. Save the file that is linked off that. Then open Strava's web page and click the "+" to "upload a run. Feed it that file. Presto done-o! :)

Is that clear enough, or do you need more details?
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Runners High Humour

Gollum like expressions

5k Hotel Dreadmill

11/04 6.2 km – 143.8 km - MTD 006.2 km – YTD 1207.67 km
    11/08 5.0 km – 138.8 km - MTD 011.2 km – YTD 1212.67 km Dreadmill Loop
    exercise.png
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Very easy - open the run on the RunKeeper web page. Scroll down on the right side and look for the link that says GPX. Save the file that is linked off that. Then open Strava's web page and click the "+" to "upload a run. Feed it that file. Presto done-o! :)

Is that clear enough, or do you need more details?

Perfect. I was looking to do it through the app. I will try that. Thanks for the help!!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited November 2017
    Options

285jlswmf9wl.jpg

HA! I am seriously thinking about it... if it was not SIX DAYS after my planned PR attempt Pittsburgh Marathon, I would do it for sure. Also, it would be my first trail race ever - and I was told it was a "technical trail" (3rd hand though)- not sure what that means, but I assume that means it is hard. :smiley:

technical just means rocks/roots to dodge or jump over. Probably single track. Hard is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, you're talking to someone that let the thought of trying to get into Boston, which is like 4 days after my ultra, get into their head...... 50k after a marathon? with a 11 hour time limit? You can do it!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

285jlswmf9wl.jpg

technical just means rocks/roots to dodge or jump over. Probably single track. Hard is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, you're talking to someone that let the thought of trying to get into Boston, which is like 4 days after my ultra, get into their head...... 50k after a marathon? with a 11 hour time limit? You can do it!

That would mean an extra week of taper though (between the runs). Ugh.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

285jlswmf9wl.jpg

If that's your best argument, you're doomed. We've got you.
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    In theory, trail running is something that I would enjoy, but I live in the foothills near Denver, CO, so trail running here is really code for "running up a big *kitten* mountain." I wish we had flat, meandering dirt paths with a few rolling hills baked in, but nope, we have the Rocky *kitten* Mountains.

@fitoverfortymom - not too far from Denver - depending on where in Denver you are, I guess... is the Greenland open space at larkspur. I have ran a trail race there twice- the race course has one pretty good "fml" type hill, but other wise it's nice rolling trail track type stuff.... and it has lots of trail choices other than the way they take the race route.

Fair warning, it can look like either of the pics below the end of April... so I would perhaps investigate it this next summer??? And not put it down for a mid winter activity.

bu180afcvb1p.jpg

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

That's not a taper at that point, it's a recovery, and a short one at that.