11/9 = 6 miles
    11/10 = Vinyasa yoga class
    11/11 = 13 miles (New Braunfels Half)
    11/12 = 6 miles
    11/13 = Kettlebell strength training
    11/14 = 6 miles
    11/15 = 8.5 miles
    11/16 = Strength training

Running rest day and strength training at the gym this morning.

@garygse that sucks you are injured. :( Hope everything heals soon.

@WandaVaughn I am so glad you found a tribe to run with! I enjoy short solo runs, however, long runs are definitely better with freinds. I call my Sunday group runs "therapy runs" because everyone gets the opportunity to get out their spouse/job/life frustrations.

85.5/175 (November goal miles)

Upcoming Races:
    11/23 = Georgetown Turkey Trot
    12/10 = BCS Marathon
    1/6/18 = River Road Run Half Marathon
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of 2.5 elliptical miles

exercise.png
  • eponine1984
    eponine1984 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Today is supposed to be a running day for me but I've got a cold. My head doesn't hurt as much as yesterday, but I've got quite a cough and my lungs are a bit phlegmy. The treadmill at the gym would allow me to be warmish and not have a faucet for a nose. Running outside would allow me to cough and spit freely. The baby is a little snot factory right now so I don't know how I feel about bundling him up to go outside with me.

Sigh. Runners dilemma. Or do I just take a rest day?
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Today is supposed to be a running day for me but I've got a cold. My head doesn't hurt as much as yesterday, but I've got quite a cough and my lungs are a bit phlegmy. The treadmill at the gym would allow me to be warmish and not have a faucet for a nose. Running outside would allow me to cough and spit freely. The baby is a little snot factory right now so I don't know how I feel about bundling him up to go outside with me.

Rule of thumb is if it's above your neck, you can run, if it's below your neck, rest. I'd say rest.
  • bjderhak
    bjderhak Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    4 mile easy run today. 77/150 for the month. I def couldve done more and wanted to but Im sticking to the plan. Easy days easy, hard days hard.

@HonuNui Glad im not the only one who thinks 70 is chilly. :)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    bjderhak wrote: »
    4 mile easy run today. 77/150 for the month. I def couldve done more and wanted to but Im sticking to the plan. Easy days easy, hard days hard.

@HonuNui Glad im not the only one who thinks 70 is chilly. :)

Nice running. Easy days are hard! Rest days are worse! I went from 50+ MPW running 6 days down to ~27MPW with 2 rest days, when I got my coach and he put me on a lower mileage harder mileage plan.... I know I need the rest/recovery, but it's HARD!

Great job!
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Shin splints have started to rear their ugly heads.

But we'll manage them - Like always!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »

ugh. Sorry to hear that. I HATE Shin splints!
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »

ugh. Sorry to hear that. I HATE Shin splints!

I have them pretty much 24/7/365 but have learnt to manage them.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

My baby is 14 so I do not worry about him being sick when I run anymore. :) I have often run with a cold, not saying it is smart... nor that I broke any records... just saying I have. :sunglasses: But I would definitely not take a sick baby on a run in the cold.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    Welp, not gonna be meeting my goal this month; doctor ordered at least a month of no weight-bearing exercise on my leg. He'll reassess again after that, but with the suspicion being a stress fracture, I see that changing into 3-4 months of no running. Yay me.

I guess it's time to start getting serious with the upper body workouts, and spending some quality time with the elliptical.

Aw that sucks...
  • bjderhak
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn i schedule upper body and core work on rest days so my legs are still resting but at least im doing something. otherwise.. yes i may in fact go crazy. also, i think my husband doesnt know what to do with me in the mornings when im not out on a run. lol
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn i schedule upper body and core work on rest days so my legs are still resting but at least im doing something. otherwise.. yes i may in fact go crazy. also, i think my husband doesnt know what to do with me in the mornings when im not out on a run. lol

That's a good plan. My coach doesn't have me on any upper body right now, and I only have a non-running exercise routine a few days a week, and not always on a rest day. Only reason I don't go too crazy is that my run days are hard enough that I know I need the recovery.
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    11/11 -2.25 mi
    11/12 -1.5 mi plus 1 mi jog (didn't count jog) fastest mile yet (but fell apart on last .5 mi)
    11/13 -1.5 mi plus 1 hr strength training and 25 min on stationary bike (5.3 mi)
    11/14 -1.5 mi plus 1 hr zumba
    11/15 - rest day per my trainer (I was completely stir crazy and had to take a 1.4 mi walk)
    11/16 - 2 mi plus 1 hr zumba. Fastest 2 miles so far.
    8.75/35
    It'll probably be too cold outside to run tomorrow, sadly. So probably it's the stationary bike for me.
    Why doesn't my ticker keep up?

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I don't know where that is @WandaVaughn I'm in Harvest so I'm North of Huntsville. I'm so glad it went awesome today!!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I don't know where that is @WandaVaughn I'm in Harvest so I'm North of Huntsville. I'm so glad it went awesome today!!

I'm glad it went so well, too! That nightmare seemed so real! :smile:

Harvest? I forget that not everybody has to travel around like we do. I live in Somerville, work and dentist are in Decatur, church and doctor are in Huntsville, writing critique group is in Madison, and we pay our utilities and phone in Arab! I put serious miles on my car!

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Some of you have heard of, and used, the Strava Heat Map. Some of you have not.

If you have, I just noticed that it's been greatly improved! The run routes are much more easy to see and you can zoom in much farther than before. You can also now filter by water activities and winter activities. They must have also update the data set because where there used to be no tracks on my block, now there are quite a bit. I can even see faint tracks where I go off the path to the garbage cans to throw away Kody's poop bags. Some of you have seen my route which creates a face...I can even see my route on the baseball field where I create the iris of the eye.

For those who haven't used it, it's a Strava website that combine the uploaded data from Strava users and creates a heat map. I love using this site to plan new routes, particularly in new areas.

One downside to the updates I can see is that for more populated areas, just about everything shows as a run so you it's harder to see the best route.

https://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#4.37/-106.06053/36.88766/bluered/run

• bjderhak
    Options
    @7lenny7 just checked the new strava site. I see that in my neighborhood A LOT of people seem to be running through the golf courses..lol.. I always assumed this was frowned upon, however, it would be the closest thing to a trail run in my area. Probably have to either get up really early or run late, i guess if everyone else is doing it, maybe I should too.. lol
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 just checked the new strava site. I see that in my neighborhood A LOT of people seem to be running through the golf courses..lol.. I always assumed this was frowned upon, however, it would be the closest thing to a trail run in my area. Probably have to either get up really early or run late, i guess if everyone else is doing it, maybe I should too.. lol

@bjderhak that could be golfers who wear a GPS watch to track their distance while golfing. Or perhaps they allow cross country teams to run there? I think the high school CC teams around here run on golf courses. @skippygirlsmom would know more about that than I would.
  • bjderhak
    Options

@bjderhak that could be golfers who wear a GPS watch to track their distance while golfing. Or perhaps they allow cross country teams to run there? I think the high school CC teams around here run on golf courses. @skippygirlsmom would know more about that than I would.[/quote]

could be golfers. the local schools here unfortunately do not have any cc teams :( and i def wouldve seen them. maybe i should just walk over to the clubhouse and ask someone what the policies are. i dont like getting in trouble lol