• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,780 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Where's mah turkey?!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    And there I thought you were such a gentle soul cradling those "things" you were 'conserving' up thread :wink:
    This was so violent it should be against the TOS... and definitely not suitable for young impressionable children!
    <Skylar, aka, mah dog, was NOT impressed with the vegetarian bone (carrot) I gave her while I was eating>
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Where's mah turkey?!

Here you go @PAV8888 :)

https://youtu.be/H5HUnLVRIA8

Is that the guy who did the how animals eat video? That one makes me absolutely CRY....
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Where's mah turkey?!

Is that the guy who did the how animals eat video? That one makes me absolutely CRY....

Probably, Every single one of his Spiritual series is worth watching.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Where's mah turkey?!

Mmmm total moist deliciousness. So makes me wanna go Vegan :+1::lol:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    And there I thought you were such a gentle soul cradling those "things" you were 'conserving' up thread :wink:
    This was so violent it should be against the TOS... and definitely not suitable for young impressionable children!
    <Skylar, aka, mah dog, was NOT impressed with the vegetarian bone (carrot) I gave her while I was eating>

Tofu deserves to die. Unless it's deep fried and smothered in peanut sauce.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    *puppy* it's hot (sorry northern hemisphere peeps!). Was rather happy to discover I'd forgotten to turn off the air con the other day when I got to work this morning.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    So those who have been in here since way back might remember the discussion about female cycles and higher resting heart rates during certain periods.

Fair warning, tap out now if TMI around women’s bodily functions makes you squeamish.

So, today is first day of BC break week and for those who care at all about my cycle tracking know about my bi monthly pattern. This cycle is a month that since my new psych meds seem to make an interaction that causes early spotting. And I just looked back, for the last five days my restin heart rate has been a few beats higher right in line with when the spotting started.

Just an interesting observation! I should probably go full geek and start tracking workouts. Beyond last week being my completely stop functioning fatigue week.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    *puppy* it's hot (sorry northern hemisphere peeps!). Was rather happy to discover I'd forgotten to turn off the air con the other day when I got to work this morning.

I am of course jealous. As I struggle with inevitable SAD on top of normal bipolar related depression. GIVE ME LONG DAYS AND SUNSHINE DAMMIT.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Yeah, that then turned into trying on of more tiny things instead of going to bed! Yay for my clothes hoarding tendencies.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I don’t really have any small clothes other than those I have bought speculatively recently. Last time I was close to this small it was my teens in the 90s. I would 100% not be wearing anything I thought was stylish back then.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I don’t really have any small clothes other than those I have bought speculatively recently. Last time I was close to this small it was my teens in the 90s. I would 100% not be wearing anything I thought was stylish back then.

Ha, I actually have quite a few things from late teens/early 20s, but vintage/goth/indie child. Some was bought as vintage, some was new way back then (and now conveniently qualifies as vintage). I was actually exceedingly grateful that I'd held onto a couple of my babydoll dresses the summer of starting MFP, because they were in a small minority of height of summer things that fitted (which also tells you how big I used to wear things, hiding my not remotely fat but thought it was body :\, though also partly the style).

I'm wondering if I still have my beloved purple jeans, though I have no ambition of ever fitting those again, given there was 6kg less of me when I got those. You've seen me, another 6kg off really wouldn't be a good look.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    So those who have been in here since way back might remember the discussion about female cycles and higher resting heart rates during certain periods.

Fair warning, tap out now if TMI around women’s bodily functions makes you squeamish.

So, today is first day of BC break week and for those who care at all about my cycle tracking know about my bi monthly pattern. This cycle is a month that since my new psych meds seem to make an interaction that causes early spotting. And I just looked back, for the last five days my restin heart rate has been a few beats higher right in line with when the spotting started.

Just an interesting observation! I should probably go full geek and start tracking workouts. Beyond last week being my completely stop functioning fatigue week.

Interesting. I seem to have around 10-20 beats difference. I think I am in early transition to Peri and it will be interesting to see if this changes. I will have to monitor this for the next few months. I did notice that when I had a month where I skipped I still had the same peak and fall in heart rate despite not getting my period. The peak usually happens around the first day of menstruation.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Yeah, I have about a 15 beat variation. Peaks at ovulation and start of TOM, but also anytime I've got a decent amount of fluid retention going on. And anytime I'm really angsty.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I'm about 5-7 beats, usually low 60s average low last few days is 70. And when I sync I can see it is often flitting around the low 70s. I'll see when it drops off as technically I should menstruate this week but because of psych meds vs BC I think it may have already happened due to whatever peculiarity is happening.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's still too early to gauge,as I've only had my fitbit HRM (charge2) for 2.5 weeks. But my monthlies are due in 3 days, and my Resting heartrate has gone from averaging 63 bpm up to 68 over the past 2 days.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I wonder if you ladies correlate that with water retention and weight gain. I've noticed that my Fitbit resting HR lows and highs tend to correspond fairly closely with individual weigh ins and whether they are "local highs" or "local lows" relative to adjacent measurements.