Unwarranted Advice

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    That I should sleep in a cold room to burn more calories.
  • lusearun
    lusearun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also once I didn't lose weight for about a week after I'd started running regularly for three weeks or so. My partner said it's because I'd been doing the same exercise for too long and wasn't burning any calories from it anymore...
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Let me give you the link to the best diet pills ever because you're losing weight but you can lose it faster.....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Actually that's true. Unless you have a lot of blankets. :D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Actually that's true. Unless you have a lot of blankets. :D

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yes, but that assumes that you'll be able to GET to sleep despite being cold :p
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Try drinking apple cider vinegar.

Really?

b2sfwed5b9nq.png

I’m scared of apple cider vinegar! I keep hearing it gives you bad stomach issues as serious as gastroparisis!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter right before bed so your metabolism will spike while you are asleep.

I have used 5:2 IF; it's all about whether the pattern of eating is easy for you to stick to. It doesn't make you lose faster or slower with a given number of calories per week versus more even distribution. But I have had people argue with me both ways. Some people believe it kills your metabolism and you lose more slowly. Some people believe that it keeps your metabolism high because most days you eat more than you would given even distribution. The most annoying of the two are the people who believe it kills your metabolism. They would ask how I was losing the weight (because they noticed) and then tell me how I was doing it doesn't work. Huh???
  • the_prez3
    the_prez3 Posts: 58 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    A man who was at least 70lbs more overweight than me tell me that if I wanted to lose weight, “you don’t want to eat protein like we do, you want to eat nothing but lettuce.” I’m still trying to figure out who he was talking about when he said we. Of course this is the same man who told me he doesn’t do squats or any other leg workouts because he thinks it hurts flexibility. Of course being obese doesn’t though.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    That I need to buy (insert whatever MLM shake company) and replace two meals a day if I really want to be healthy and lose weight.
    That I must eat a big breakfast before working out in the morning or I will not burn enough calories. For the record, I prefer working out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. My husband does the opposite...we are both in a calorie deficit and losing weight.
    Apple cider vinegar with magically get me to my goal.
    Protein shakes and pre-work out supplements are essential.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I'm sure I got some but honestly if advice is unwarranted I tend to just flat out ignore it since it is pointless and then I forget about it, so I don't remember.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    "You look good now, you should stop losing weight" despite the fact I'm still overweight. :laugh:
    I mean, I understand them, I've been obese my whole life and seeing me get smaller is definitely a change, but I don't think it's their place to tell me when I should stop losing weight.

Urghhh this!!!!!!! All the time! I may be lighter but I'm still overweight! People hmph