Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Missed yesterday!

Buying a gallon jug to help me get in my water.
    Walking dog at park, finally power walking again.
    Planning meals for busy weekend.
    Bake cookies for swap-eeeek!
    Early bedtime, 9:30.
    Make large salad for weekend.
    Need to come up with 3 low fat/sugar treats for an evening snack-check out websites.

Have a great Friday everyone!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Thurs, 11/29 -- last day in November! Where does the time go
    1. log all food :/
    2. NO stress eating! This isn't going to help us get all the work done we need to, and only slows me down :/
    3. drink water :)
    4. sew 5 more chemo hats tonite :) 12 hats made so far!
    5. plan meals for tomorrow :/
    6. get stuff ready to pack -- leaving saturday to spend 5 days with my grandsons! :)
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable! :)

Friday
    1. pack
    2. log all food
    3. go to grocery store to have stuff for hubby
    4. laundry
    5. clean house
    6. get ready for my flight to see grandsons -- eat healthy while I am there!
  • mmartin7613
    mmartin7613 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 - You are rockin it!
  • mmartin7613
    Options
    @ MLHC1 & Bex953172 - Your girls are super strong.
    @ Saragirl2Saragirl2 - Happy Friday to you to. How about Celery & Peanut Butter?
  • mytime6630
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Missed yesterday!

Buying a gallon jug to help me get in my water.

Need to come up with 3 low fat/sugar treats for an evening snack-check out websites.

Missed you @Saragirl and @slittlemeister!

@OConnell5483 - the job sounds great! It was all meant to be!

I like the idea of the gallon jug. I have the hardest time getting my water in also - might have to do this myself!

Good luck on the cookies swap - this time of year is when I get in the most trouble also! Going to babysit my grandsons from saturday-thursday. Since they will be in school, I am going to do my xmas baking there --- that way the boys can decorate the xmas cookies, and I can leave the cookies there!

As for low fat evening snacks, I am going to keep sugar-free jello here at home. But I would love to hear of ideas you have. Evenings are my worse time for snacks - and I always seem to want cold stuff (like ice cream!).
  • mmartin7613
    Options
    https://youtu.be/YzIW1Qd4-Lk
    Here is today's 20 minutes. I have to modify due to my knees but it's a good one.
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    ~Started december challenge ~Drink more water ~30 min eliptical ~drink less pop yes/yes/yes/not enough less
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Friday 12/1 JFT:

✔Woke up late so the kids are having school lunches :disappointed:
    ✔Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔House Manager Office Work, lol
    ✔Lunch
    ❌Walk Dog ~ 15 min.
    ❌Sm. Grocery Trip
    ❌Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ❌Elliptical
    ❌Dinner by 7pm ➡️8 pm
    ✔Family Movie Night :smiley:
    ✔Bedtime after movie

Well today has turned out to be more eventful than I had ever wished for. I was sooo excited that the day was going productive and lunch was very pleasant. Then as I prepared to get on my elliptical (no joke) I received word that there was a suspect with a gun at my son's High School :cold_sweat: So I immediately loaded up my dog and rushed down to the high school. Swat didn't clear the school until a little past 4 pm!! Needless to say, my afternoon plans were all cancelled!! Thankfully our police controlled the situation, response time was 5 min and they apprehended all suspects. Luckily it is Friday, which gives everyone some time to take this all in. We'll see what develops from this. Sorry to ramble on about this drama, but it drastically affected my goals for the day :D

The most I'll acknowledge the silly, nonrelavent drama here on JFT, is to say.....I do not give attention to "cry babies" throwing tantrums. Therefore I will just continue with my regular JFT. I hope everyone is doing well and can overcome any negativity that is surrounding them. Be blessed and have a good evening / day :blush:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

Just for Friday:
    1. Stay in the GREEN :)
    2. Ten 8oz glasses of water :)
    3. Meet my step goal :)
    4. Sign up for the employee Wellness program at work :/
    5. One random act of kindness :)
    6. Gratitude journal :)

I had a fantastic day! Tomorrow I am going to check out the gym membership that my new place of work offers. I'll lot on tomorrow with tomorrow's goals. I just feel so good tonight I thought I'd check in and check off my items!

Happy Friday!

I am SO happy for you --- I can tell by your posts that you are in a much better place, and you sound so much happier!! This is the life you were meant to live!! And wow --- to have a gym membership!!!! Congrats to you for taking that leap of faith in this new job -- and in a new you!!!!

Thank you Joan! I really believe this was meant to be! Very happy.

Enjoy your time with your grandsons. It isn't supposed to be terribly cold in WI, so I'm thinking Michigan should be pretty close to the same weather. Have a wonderful trip! We'll be here when you get back! :blush: xoxo
  • mytime6630
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

Well today has turned out to be more eventful than I had ever wished for. I was sooo excited that the day was going productive and lunch was very pleasant. Then as I prepared to get on my elliptical (no joke) I received word that there was a suspect with a gun at my son's High School :cold_sweat: So I immediately loaded up my dog and rushed down to the high school. Swat didn't clear the school until a little past 4 pm!! Needless to say, my afternoon plans were all cancelled!! Thankfully our police controlled the situation, response time was 5 min and they apprehended all suspects. Luckily it is Friday, which gives everyone some time to take this all in. We'll see what develops from this. Sorry to ramble on about this drama, but it drastically affected my goals for the day :D

:

Wow - that is scarry! We had a similar lockdown at one of the high schools near us yesterday- they spotted someone carrying a gun not too far from the school! It is so sad that little kids have to worry about things like this.
    I am glad that everyone is OK! That would derail any exercise time for me also! But glad everyone is OK!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Wow - that is scarry! We had a similar lockdown at one of the high schools near us yesterday- they spotted someone carrying a gun not too far from the school! It is so sad that little kids have to worry about things like this.
    I am glad that everyone is OK! That would derail any exercise time for me also! But glad everyone is OK!

Thank you for understanding. It is sad that kids have to deal with these events but I believe every generation has their struggles. Luckily my son is very educated about evil existing in our world and he was not traumatized by the situation. However there were some who seemed traumatized. We do live in a Christian community so I believe the churches and schools will come together for all the kiddos.

@joan6630 I hope you enjoy your trip! Have fun, laugh, and don't stress over any silliness :blush: We all care about each other here and I know I'll keep on keeping on :wink: Be blessed young lady :wink:
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in
    Wow---you've lost thirty pounds since January 1--impressive!

Starting weight Jan 1, 2017: 217
    Current weight Dec 1st: 187.0
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Internet/cable issues the last couple of days. :#
    JFT Friday
    1. MORE water :)
    2. Quilt :| see 3.
    3. Gift for secret Santa :) quite a hunt. I thought it would be quick but I ended up finding a couple of gifts for other people. In the end, success! Which is a good thing because the event is Sunday. :)
    4. Clean stove :/ see 3.
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Saturday
    1. MORE water
    2. Quilt
    3. Clean stove
    4. Pick up grandaughter for sleepover
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

5 lbs or even by year end challenge
    October 4 .... 179
    November 1 ... 180.2
    December 1 ... 177

December goals
    Going to take it easy. Work is super busy every December and I get worn out so...
    1. Keep at this
    2. Water
    3. Be creative