December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    December goal: Keep kicking at Zumbro training
    Nominal mileage goal: Let's say 120?? I really don't know. Going for like 70% trail

12/1- 7.2
    12/2- 8.2
    12/3- 9.5
    12/4- 5.8
    12/5- REST
    12/6- 6.5
    12/7- REST
    12/8- 8.4ish
    12/9- 9.1

Total: 54.7

Today's notes: Assignment for today was 1 hour easy run. Average HR ended up being out of the E range, but the run felt good. Slept in late this morning, since the wife and I had date night last night, watching Battle: Los Angeles. Got my run in at around 2:30 this afternoon. Ran 6.6 miles in 60 minutes for an average pace of 9:04. Roads weren't ideal, with driven on roads making for not great traction. Got it done though, so that's what matters.... despite feeling lazy, knowing what others did today.

Hope everyone had a Runderful day!
    2018 races
    3/28- END-SURE 50k
    4/13- Zumbro Endurance Race 100 Mile
    5/19- Superior Trail 25k (Lottery)
    7/8- Afton 50k???
    9/8- Superior Trail 50 mile (Lottery)
    10/xx Wild Duluth 50k? 100k?
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    December goal: 95.71 miles

12/1 3.51
    12/2 5.00
    12/3 rest
    12/4 4.25
    12/5 5.87
    12/6 4.30
    12/7 3.25
    12/8 rest
    12/9 6.01
    12/10 3.13

Total 35.32

@amymoreorless Great job!
    We watched a bit of the Honolulu marathon today. DH noted the leaders' long strides: "Your legs don't look like that when you run...." I mumbled something about keeping my stride short to increase my cadence, and then accidentally changed the channel....

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    Phoenix Women's 10k 1/28/18
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless - Congratulations!! Awesome job!!
    @elise4270 - Hahahaha I guess maybe I should try that. Might have to fight the dog and the DH for couch space though!

I discovered tonight that my favorite running shoe, Skora, is back in business and they have stock again!! YAY! Now I am trying to convince my DH that I need a few pairs for my Christmas presents. I am trying really really hard not to just go out and buy several pairs but I am a little worried they may run out. I mean I know there is pent up demand from the FB support page (Skora Insiders) and who knows really how much stock they have have now... I mean maybe I should order one or two just in case, dontcha think?
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    December 2017 Runs
    02 Dec – 5 km parkrun Course Best
    03 Dec – 15 km
    05 Dec – 9 km
    08 Dec – 30 km
    10 Dec – 7.1 km
    11 Dec – 4.1 km

Goal: Run a 30 km run in December – DONE!

Bravo, @fitoverfortymom !

@amymoreorless Woo Yay Hooplah Hooray Fantastic! xx

@JessicaMcB... 161 km??? You're beyond superlatives. xx

@garygse This one is the newer version of the Camelbak Ultra 4 that I've never had a problem with, even during a marathon.

https://www.camelbak.com/en/packs/R01039--Ultra_10_Vest?color=f5dbb8c1a2c9474ab19c9798cea62460

It's 2 litre, and this one's designed for UTMB.

Speaking of vests, I saw a possibly throwaway comment in a Runner's World "race don'ts" saying don't wear a vest during races... wtf? :smiley:
  • power0304
    power0304 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    December 1 - 10 km
    December 2 - 16 km
    December 3 - 5km club run / strength training
    December 4 - 12 km treadmill
    December 5 - 12 km treadmill
    December 6 - 16 km run / strength training
    December 7 - 16 km run
    December 8 - 16 km run / strength training
    December 9 - 16 km run / 11 km run
    December 10 - 5 km club run / 16 km walk
    December 11 - 16 km run / strength training

151 km - goal 350 km
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Your post is confusing. Should I be happy for you completing 100 miles, or worried that you hurt your knee and were puking?
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    6.5 miles this AM

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Your post is confusing. Should I be happy for you completing 100 miles, or worried that you hurt your knee and were puking?

Happy. Puking happens to pretty much everyone who does a 100, from what I have heard/read. She also ran it in sub-elite time as a first timer she's going to be amazing.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Happy. Puking happens to pretty much everyone who does a 100, from what I have heard/read. She also ran it in sub-elite time as a first timer she's going to be amazing.

Just under a 10 min mile pace it looks like. That is nuts!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    It's cold here! Yay!! So I realized last night I could sleep in (if 5:30am is sleeping in), and run after work! Packed up all my stuff and now got to figure out where I want to run!
    Today is last full day of classes. Exams the rest of the week. :smile:

@_nikkiwolf_ -- that run in the slush sounds miserable! Not sure how you made it as far as you did. I saw the pic on Strava and couldn't believe how bad it looked.
    @fitoverfortymom -- awesome job on the HM!!!

12/1 - 1.5 miles #RWRunStreak Day9
    12/2 - 43 miles cycling + 1 mile #RWRunStreak Day10
    12/3 - 40 miles cycling + 1 mile #RWRunStreak Day11
    12/4 - 3.1 miles + Strength Training Glutes W3-A - #RWRunStreak Day12
    12/5 - 4 miles #RWRunStreak Day 13 + strength training W3B
    12/6 - 2 miles #RWRunStreak Day 14
    12/7 - 1.3 miles #RWRunStreak Day 15 + strength training W3C
    12/8 - 4 miles #RWRunStreak Day 16
    12/9 - 7 miles! #RWRunStreak Day 17
    12/10 - 1 mile #RWRunStreak Day 18 + Glutes W4A
    12/11 -

Daytona Beach HM - 2/4/19

exercise.png
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited December 2017
    Options

9:53 pace for 100 miles to be exact. To put it in perspective, and I don't know how the courses match up with elevation, but the women's Course record at Western States is 16:47:19.

I keep telling her she's going to have to go pro, after her first 100 race, sponsors are going to come knocking..... Something I'll never have to worry about...LOL
  • PastorVincent
    Options

9:53 pace for 100 miles to be exact. I keep telling her she's going to have to go pro, after her first 100 race, sponsors are going to come knocking..... Something I'll never have to worry about...LOL

" in an acceptable time frame " -- yeah. Sheesh. :lol:
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Water walking and PT today. Ankle hurts a lot after all the running and one-legged balance poses in yoga this weekend. Hopefully a "rest" day will get me ready to run again tomorrow.

Goals this month: 90 miles, maintain weight, PT and yoga, add one day of weights per week, register for spring marathon or ultra,

Day/Distance/Comments

Dec 1 Walk outside for about 30 min (rest before race)
    Dec 2 Jackson 50/50 10 mile “Fun Run” 4th female finisher in this crazy steep trail race (10.2 mi total)
    Dec 3 3.4 mi slow recovery run, PT
    Dec 4 Water walking + PT
    Dec 5 3.3 mi
    Dec 6 Rest day (unintentional!)
    Dec 7 3.1 mi + PT
    Dec 8 Water walking
    Dec 9 5.5 mi + yoga + some PT
    Dec 10 12 mi + Gymnastic Bodies stretching routine + PT
    Dec 11 Water walking + PT

Goal: 90 mi
    Done: 37.5 mi
    To go: 52.5 mi

Upcoming races:
    Dirty Santa XC (5K) Dec 16
    Winter Night Trail Half Marathon Jan 20
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    My December goal: 25 miles

12/1: 2.11
    12/2: 2.12
    12/4: 2.11
    12/7: 2.19
    12/8: 2.12 10.65 done, 14.35 to run

Decided not to do a 5K later this week. I felt like if I hadn't registered already, then I just wasn't that too jazzed to do it. Also, a Tri that my friend challenged me to in Feb (because the swim was in a pool, only way I'd do it!) is off the books, too. That just leaves the next real "goal" on my calendar in Gasparilla at the end of Feb, aiming for the 8K. This is good, now I can just get back to the joy of running to run!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options

9:53 pace for 100 miles to be exact. I keep telling her she's going to have to go pro, after her first 100 race, sponsors are going to come knocking..... Something I'll never have to worry about...LOL

Don't forget That was done in Winter Conditions in Alberta. Snow and slush along the roads/trails. I am guessing self supported - zero aid stations except for drop bags ( if the critters don't sniff them out )
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm frustrated. Between bad weather, Christmas preparations, and appointments (why is EVERY appointment crammed into December?!), it looks like there's no way I can reach my goal this month. I'm going to be running way less and exercise biking way more. I'll run when I can, but I live in Maine, and the snow/sleet/glop is here.

Also, not sure if I'm tough enough to run in 20 degree weather on icy snow.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

Don't forget That was done in Winter Conditions in Alberta. Snow and slush along the roads/trails. I am guessing self supported - zero aid stations except for drop bags ( if the critters don't sniff them out )

slush, then re-freezing and from what I've been told, it was no drop bags, how I understood it.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »

Haha yeah @juliet3455 when I run unsupported (read: always because no one likes to play with me lol) I plan like a psycho the night before and then run the whole thing with all my gear on my back. I'm not stopping if I don't absolutely have to.

@PastorVincent I wanted to go sub 16 lol. I feel like I'm in good shape to run with the boys at my ultras this year though!