Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@katy-- I think I'm experiencing that same disappointment of not dropping a lot of weight right at the start, but I'm like you--it just doesn't happen that way for me anymore.

@cyndy-- glad to hear your foot is on the mend.

@cellosmiles --are you doing a challenge through a gym or one of those online dietbets? Just curious b/c I have a colleague who has done the dietbets several times. Either way, I know you can meet that goal!!

@cellosmiles & @b_lisieux -- I also remember learning all of the thread "lingo." The one's that stumped me for the longest time were DH = dear husband, DD = dear daughter, DS = dear son. For longest time, I thought a woman was posting about friends and just using their initials. LOL!

AFM-- My friend's Italian mother invited a group of us for lunch at her house today. Needless to say it was a carb overload, and I am well over my calorie allowance for today. On the plus side, I had a really good workout and food diary yesterday. Tomorrow I need to finish my grading and go shopping for ingredients for a delicious Mexican soup that my grandmother used to make. I plan to make a big pot on Sunday, so I have lunch covered for the return to work next week.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"
    Highest weight: 247

Start Weight (Jan 2, 2018) 205
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 203
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total weight lost: 44 lbs
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Back home and ready to workout! But before I do, just wanted to stop by to read the posts and see how everyone is doing.

@Nikion901 thanks Niki! I love to take pictures, so you can only imagine how sad I am that I lost my camera … I can’t believe I did something so stupid!! It was just a sec that I rested it on the seat and that was it … gone! I do have some of my photos in FB, not like a public space, but on my own profile. Maybe some day I will …

@mitzy2013 welcome to the community! You have taken the 1st important step for weight loss … and this group is great for support, so welcome!

@raindogmaa glad you are recuperating from your surgery and you are not the only one that pushes the limit a bit when recovering .. as soon as we feel better we think we are ready to get going full throttle and then reality hits … so better to take it easy!

Before, I forget … here is my WI details for this week … and lets not get excited with the number … that mainly is because I stopped eating pnettone, wine, wafers non stop … so is mainly holiday gain … just wish every week was like this! Still not at my lowest though ....

The Winter Games

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 229.6

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 161.4
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 153.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 155.1
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: - 6.3
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 6.3
    Total weight lost: - 74.5

Hope you are all keeping warm; seen in the news is crazy cold for those in the eastern US.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    The Winter Games

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 258
    Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 204.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 195

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 206.2
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +1.4
    Total weight lost: 51.8

Not a good four days since the first, I can't seem to get my evening snacking under control! Good thing I'm recording for this challenge or I might not have even reported. :(
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @barb-- thanks for the update! I'm also struggling with keeping my calories in check. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work on Monday, if only because the routine keeps me from eating as much.

@ana-- welcome home! I think it's great that you had such a big loss, even if it is just holiday gain going away. Mine is still sticking around for a few more days... :neutral:

Saturday Success:
    My success is that I've managed to log all of my food this week--even the not-so-good choices. Another success is that I made it to the gym twice. That may not sound like much, but I hadn't been there in weeks (maybe even months), so I'm counting it as a win.

Today was fairly low activity. I walked gunner, did some grading, and then went grocery shopping for ingredients for albondigas soup. I was planning to make it tomorrow, but I had the kitchen all to myself this evening (hubby went out), so I made it tonight. It's already portioned out into lunches for next week.

I have just a bit more grading to complete tomorrow, and then I will hit the gym. Monday it's back to work, so I need to look at my schedule and plan out my gym days in advance. No excuses! I will go at least 3 times/week.

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

• happygirlxxx
    Options
    Hello!

I was looking a couple days ago recipes for dips that are low carb, so I can pair with veggies to snack or for a meal.

I came across this link and since a couple you have mentioned problems with late night snacking, thought maybe this could be a healthier option you could try ... not sure what you usually have, maybe this is not new, but just in case:

https://lowcarbmaven.com/herbed-crackers-bacon-horseradish-dip/
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Monday Check In: Apparently, weekends aren’t good for me! YUCK! I went on dates with my 2 kids…did good through the meals and then treated myself to popcorn and frozen cokes for the movies. Had a great time with the kids and I’m back at it today. I just can’t have this become a pattern for me.

@Cyndy… It would be hard when you can’t move like you want to. Just keep going, you’ll get there.
    @Ana… have you tried posting a public note about the lost camera? I did and haven’t had results, but I know of someone who got their pictures back…kind of along the lines of “Keep the camera, but please send me the pictures” I know I posted 1 picture of the pyramid we had climbed and a picture of my husband and myself so they’d be able to know it was ours. Again, so far, nothing for me, but maybe the FB chain can work for you.
    @Barb… I must pick up my needlepoint again. If I have busy hands, my evening snacking will have to go down right? Thanks for doing the stats..it’s fun to see.
    @Karen… I agree with the gym part. That’s where I’ve been so my 2 days is a success and I’m shooting for 3 this week.

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Monday check in....Not much going on here. I'm pretty much housebound today, thanks to Mother Nature and ice. Tomorrow should be better. We've been so bitter cold for the past couple of weeks and finally this week we will see a warming trend.
    @happygirlxxx I sure hope you can find your camera. Maybe posting it on social media could help, as @NewCaddy suggested. It couldn't hurt, right?
    @bapcarrier Thanks for tracking the challenge numbers for us. It's not something I would at all be good with. Spreadsheets are not my thing. LOL I appreciate the work you put into it.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in ...
    I had weight loss this first week of the year, some of which, I don't doubt, are a result of my cutting back on dried fruit and chocolate ... perhaps one day I will be able to moderate that type of food better than I am able currently. Still ... when I went to grocery shop for the new year I did stock up on dried prunes, dried raisins of both light and dark varieties and apricots. I know that I can eat this type of fruit if I don't do it every day ... and ... most importantly, if I don't use them as a snack but as an ingredient in a meal. Thus, raisins or prunes with my oatmeal but not out of hand as a snack.

The first week of January, I worked on 4 little goals and have narrowed that down for week 2. I need to work on all 4 to cement them as normal routines/habits but I think working on all 4 is too much at one time, given that I also work on logging food, staying within my calorie goal, cooking instead of ordering food, drinking water, and reporting to the several challenges I have entered. However I want to share, for accountability with my friends on 'Robins' Thread" what small goals I am working to develop into a daily natural habit ...

The 4 habits I will tackle this year ... from week 1 ...
    1 - be dressed before breakfast every day
    2 - limit snack to only 1 a day
    3 - Go outside (get into the fresh outdoors for at least a few minutes) every day
    4 - Keep the kitchen sink and counter clear of clutter

The goal that I am working on to cement right now is ... #1 ...
    That doesn't mean that I'm forgetting the other 3, just that the one I am focusing on right now is to get dressed everyday before I eat anything. ... My thinking is that this will help set me up for a more productive day ahead.

AS For Personals (AFP, ... some people had trouble with the AFM acronym this past week :smile: ) ... There's not much space left to speak to people individually (my posts tend to be too long) ... except to tell you all that I'm so proud that people are being accountable by reporting their weight changes. I know we need to keep this target in the foreground of our minds ... because whatever we are doing day by day, even minute by minute, is because we want to change what we weigh and we want to tell others about how we are doing!. Thank you for sharing.
  • happygirlxxx
    Options
    Monday Check - In

Hello everyone!! I am not sure why I am so hyper today if I didn’t sleep last night … I have this horrible dry cough that doesn’t allow me to sleep … as soon as I lay down I start coughing like I am going to spit a lung (TMI? :D ).

Anyway … besides the cough, it was a good weekend … its been a while since I have been able to stick to my calorie limit and feel satisfied with my food, so quite happy with this :)

I have also exercised twice the 45min I committed to do, except for today but is not even 8pm yet so I might do some light exercise just to get some calories burnt.

@bapcarrier thanks for the update for the winter games. Its clear that some of use over indulge during the holidays and as soon as all the treats were gone weight started dropping again.

@skinnyjeanz its great that you have logged all your food (the good and the no so good ….); I think its important for us to be able to understand how we are behaving. Also when we don't long (at least in my case) I give permission to myself to eat whatever I want without thinking of the consequences (hence the 9lbs that I gained!)

@Newcaddy @b_lisieux I have already posted it on online lost/found sites, but I know the probability to of it being return is almost zero. I am thinking of setting aside certain amount per lbs that I lose as a reward and then use it towards a new camera ... I already have one that I would like, but I better lose tons of weight if not I wont be even close :#

@Nikion901 I love that you have your small goals all set and organize. Better step by step to make sure that you are succesful. I love dry fruit too, but I try to avoid it because once I start I have the whole bag :(

What else to share? Oh, I joined a group that is only for women and I started browsing through the different chats they had and I saw that as part of their challenge they reported the follow and I thought it was interesting:

- Why were you successful/unsuccessful this week?
    - Did you stick to your goals this week?
    - Do you plan to make any changes this week to what you previously were doing?
    - Best / Worst meal this week:
    - Best / Worst snack this snack:
    - Positive thoughts this week:
    - Best workout this week:

Thought that maybe eventually we could incorporate some; maybe the ones about food because I think that could provide more ideas to the others about what to eat (or not). I think the first 3 we cover already.

OK, need to go exercise a bit, I think some yoga or stretching will be.

Have a great Monday!
  • samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Heylo everyone! Sam here -- I decided in 2018 to recommit to a healthier lifestyle (I definitely have 100 pounds to lose) am glad to find this community. =D

In summer 2013, I decided to change my life and started a keto/exercise lifestyle and lost ~60 pounds. Fast forward to 2017, and between a major medical illness and a divorce, I gained a LOT of weight (gained about 90 pounds from 2015-2017). Right now, I'm at the heaviest I've ever been in my life and have been struggling to recommit to a healthier lifestyle. So I'm back on mfp looking for some supportive mfpals -- I was really connected to mfp in 2013 and know it'll help keep me motivated and accountable.

The subzero temps have made it easier for me to let myself off the hook with exercise, until I remind myself that I basically have a home gym in my second bedroom. :# So help me help myself -- and I would love to add new friends so I can support y'all as well!

MONDAY CHECK-IN:
    > day 2 of keto
    > drinking at least 64 oz. of water a day
    > rejoined mfp today :)
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Samuelsson You will find a lot of support and motivation on this thread. One day, one meal, one bite at a time, you can do this!! :smile:
  • samuelsson
    Options
    b_lisieux wrote: »
    Welcome @Samuelsson You will find a lot of support and motivation on this thread. One day, one meal, one bite at a time, you can do this!! :smile:

Thanks! Happy to be here. =D
  • samuelsson
    Options
    I'm joining the Winter Games!

Name: Sam
    Height: 5'5"
    Highest weight: 250 lbs.

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 250 lbs.
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 225.8 lbs.

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 245.8 lbs.
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -4.2
    Total weight lost: -4.2
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The Winter Games!

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"
    Highest weight: 305 lbs.

Start Weight (Jan 8, 2018): 199.2 lbs.
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 190 lbs.

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: missed it, jumped in late
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost:

Hi Everyone - so glad we're doing a challenge! Desperately needing it.

I feel so far off the wagon, I stopped looking for the taillights. Seemed like one holiday celebration after another and I just totally lost "the groove." Gained an unbelievable 15#s - Holy Cow!

But I'm back, ready, and fully committed. Happy to be back with all of you. Happy (belated) New Year, y'all

• irishlassie4491
    irishlassie4491 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me. Today is my first day with MPG. I'm over 60 with 100# to lose. I need to stay focused. I need to live. I need help!!!!!!!!!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @irishlassie4491 --Welcome!

@birgit-- Happy New Year!

@samuelsson --Welcome! I accepted your friend request, but fair warning--I rarely post anywhere but on this thread or in my group challenge threads. :)

@ana-- My husband is dealing with that same cough, but he seems to finally be on the mend. Hope yours goes away quickly! I like the questions, but I fear I wouldn't be very interesting with the food questions--I seem to eat the same foods over and over b/c the routine helps me stay within my calorie goal. However, perhaps the ideas from others would help me expand my meal/snack horizons. LOL

Monday Check-in:
    Well, it was back to school today, and though it was sad getting up early again, I must admit I appreciate the routine. Food is so much easier to keep in check when I'm busy at work all day. I also love this time of year b/c everyone in my office seems to be working on healthier eating, so no one brings donuts or cookies--that will not last long, but it's helpful for now.

It was also the first day of the latest Amazing Race challenge here in the MFP groups. I've done 3 in the past, and they really help motivate me to move more b/c I want to rack up miles (=active minutes) for my team. One of the challenges this week is to do a Fitness Blender balance exercise video 3x this week. I tried it tonight, and oy am I out of shape! I really haven't done any strength/core work in quite awhile, and well, it shows.

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 12:
    Jan 19:
    Jan 26:
    Feb 2nd:
    Feb 9:
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

• happygirlxxx
    Options
    Tuesday Goals!

Besides of course loosing weight ;) these are my goals for January:
    1. Eat max 50 net grams of carbohydrates x day
    2. Drink at least 8 glasses of water x day
    3. Workout 45min at least 3 x week
    4. Try 1 new healthy recipe per week

@samuelsson @irishlassie4491 welcome to the community!

@birgitkwood welcome back and happy 2018 as well!

Have an awesome healthy Tuesday everyone!

yd4mvttfdq46.png

• raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Monday report -- I went over my calories! ARGHH! It was my first full day back at work since my foot surgery. I was mindful to keep my foot elevated, but I let the stress of the day get to me and dipped into the candy supply twice. It's amazing how much two treat will drive up the daily calorie count! Two teeny snacks pack a powerful punch. Today, as I am getting ready for work, I am gleaning all the inspiration from all of you. I plan to stop at the market on my way in and pick up healthy snacks, a good salad for lunch and more Smart Water to keep my electrolite count up.

@happygirlxxx - Thank you for the "Make Your Dreams Come True"... I will carry that with me today. I also love the different views and lists you have found on other boards.

Welcome to @irishlassie4491 and @samuelsson - I am a newbie too!

Thank you @bapcarrier for running the Winter Games. I hope to contribute to the overall loss this week... instead of working against it! Ha ha!

@Nikion901 I like the habit list you are doing for yourself. Seems like when I am focusing on my weight loss journey, I become a neater person. Seems to go hand in hand.

Have a great day everyone... it's only Tuesday. We have some good days coming up towards the Friday report.

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals:
    • The gym 3 times this week
    • Make supper 5 out of 7 nights (that allows for supper at church one night and a “whatever” day to not make anything
    • Log everything everyday

@Niki… Keeping the kitchen sink and counter clear…oy. My kids don’t allow for that!
    @Birgit… the holidays are done and we can just move forward! Happy New Year!
    @Karen… take advantage of the no goodies when you can, right? Oh, I have to look up this Amazing Race thing!

AFM: We watched episode 7 of Star Wars last night. That means our marathon of chronologically watching it is done and next weekend we get to see the new one—very excited!

Take care everyone…I gotta go hit the treadmill for my 15 minute break at work.