WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Janet R - I am so sorry about your sister. My heart goes out to you.

Heather - The girls are just adorable, and Bea in that tutu is a treasure.

Kelly - LOVE the Joaquin pic!

And it tells of who we are that we can commune with the grieving and celebrate the joys as well, in just a few posts. It's all about love, in the end, isn't it.

Love y'all,
    Lisa

Lisa you are so right its all about the love, sharing and caring, no matter what the situation may be.

Janetr OK
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Cherie ~ Happy Birthday

Janet ~ So sorry for the loss of your sister. Hugs and Love!

Edie, Bea, and Joaquin are the Cutest!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    The kids are such a lesson, aren't they. Joaquin with his blueberry face and Bea with her happy tummy. Being in the moment. Priceless. :D<3
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Cheri, I some how missed that today is your birthday, so sorry. I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating you.

Janetr OKC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Janetr--So sorry to hear about your sister. I lost my younger sister 13 years ago and I still find myself wanting to call her. Hugs

Karen-- I take a large zip lock bag the first of the year and all year I put in whatever has to do with taxes. Then when tax time comes I just take the bag to the place that does them.

On the subject of shoes. I take my shoes and socks off soon as I get in the door at home. I can not stand to have them on.

Weather here is to be up in high 40's next couple days. have a meeting tomorrow in Kearney but only till noon.Then DH and I are off Friday, both work the weekend. Looking forward to getting out to do something.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Rye, good for you for looking taking care of your MIL.

Karen, boy you are on a roll with good things happening. Take care on those roads.

Heather, yes, it’s been a hard week for DD. I’m glad she is with us so I can keep an eye on her. The boyfriend she had before this was physically and verbally abusive so at least this one was a step up. I told her that what he was doing to her was emotional abuse and very disrespectful.

Carol, I love the potato soup my DH makes.

Heather, after all your work and they cancelled. Well better for it to be a better time for you. cute girls.

Allie, will be sending goo thoughts your father’s way for tomorrow.

Katla, glad you are feeling better.

Cinnamonhu, Wow great job exercising. Glad your dog is doing better.

Janet, I’m so sorry to hear about your sister passing. Of course you are heart broken. Sounds like she was an important person in your life. (((HUGS)))

Off to pick up DH. Terry in VT
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :'(Janet, so sorry about your sister.

:)Cheri, Happy Birthday

<3 Hugs to all on this thread. You add so much to my life.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,375 Member
    Options
    Cheri

happy-birthday-to-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

Cheri
    - I remember the photo of you and Karen taken a few months ago. You both looked in your mid-20's as I recall. So which birthday is it for you? 27? B)<3

Hope it's a wonderful one!!

Lanette
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Cheri - I also missed your birthday post. Better late than never. HAPPY BIRTHDAY,!!!! :drinker: <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Cheri: Happy Birthday!!! <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Joyce – ((((((((((((hugs!))))))))))))))

Pam – good job on working on the declutter

Heather – keep looking forward – the viewing is the first step to the end goal, so a bit of a pain, but potentially so worth it! - * Later – see it got changed! Oh what a cute cute picture

Terry – what a great mom!

French onion soup – is a favorite of mine, and so easy, low calorie and low cost!

Janetr (((((((((((((((hugs))))))))) so sorry to hear!

Cheri – happy birthday

Katiebug (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) sorry to hear of the passing of your uncle, and the strain on your mom.

So it’s official, my yoga teacher is giving up our class, and we will get a new teacher on March 1st; additionally they are changing the time and date – so from Wed. 5:30-6:30 to Thursday 4:30-5:30. The date and time are not convenient for me or for about ½ of the class members, but the city doesn’t care. I did take the new instructors free demo class and it’s far more about the spiritual side of yoga then then stretch/balance side of yoga, and that’s not what I was looking for. So I have to find something else, I really work harder in a scheduled class than I do on my own, and was lucky to find this class as the time/date/location/cost were all what I needed. The cost is getting in my way in finding something to replace this. This class was just $4 per hour, and most exercise, yoga or anything else seems to run between $10 and $30 per hour…but I have just started the search. Gym membership is crazy here, either high monthly or high joining and all of them seem to require that they can take the monthly charge out of your bank account, so they want all the access – I have had bad experiences and am not going there!

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Katie, sorry to hear your family’s loss. (((HUGS)))
    Kim, hope you can find a yoga class that works for me you.

Cheri, Happy birthday. 21 again right?

Joaquin looks good in the color blue. Lol

Well once again it is the end of the day. Thank you all for sharing and enriching my life.

Terry grabbing for my book in VT
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Janet- Sending much love and hugs your way! :(<3
    Cheri- Happy birthday, friend! Hope your day gives you many wonderful moments!
    Rita - I have a mammogram today, too. They don't bother me (uncomfortable, but not unbearable); but the past two times I have gotten one, I have gotten called back because of "suspicious shadows" and it always ends up being

Pip- Nice pic of you and your sis. I see a bit of resemblance; but not a lot. I come from a family of six kids. Some of us look alike, others not so much. My older sister and I are like the same face and body but with different coloring (I am dark hair, dark eyes and she is blond blue eyed). Our personalities are very different, though. I look like and am most like my older brother. When I was in middle school, my friends would come to my house for the first time and see a picture of my older brother on the wall and say "That's a weird picture. When did you get that taken?" it was the 70's and his hair was the same length as mine. lol

Day 3 into my high protein meal plan. I am SO sick of protein; but I will get used to it, again. I have been making a "layer" bowl for my past couple lunches. A layer of shredded and cumin spiced chicken, a layer of refried beans, a layer of guacamole (homemade-without mayo), a layer of cheese (1 oz shredded), some pico de gallo, and a bit of hot sauce. I did not buy chips, because I didn't want to be tempted by the crunch; but DAMNED if my DH didn't buy some and some other crunchy things that he knows that I love. In his defense, he doesn't know that I am back on my meal plan. Since he had his dental work done last week, he has been on soft foods and eating and sleeping when he wants, so he is just beginning to become aware of what is going on in the house. I will have to put a sign on his cupboard though. For my own sake. Just to remind me of what I want; not what I want NOW.

Oh, DD asked me to sign up for an app called Marco Polo. It is a video messaging app. She has been sending me little 30 second videos of Joaquin talking, standing and moving around things, eating, feeding the dog...I am loving it! Just have to get her to NOT send them to me at 11 at night. I hear my phone ping in my sleep, and there is NO WAY I can get back to sleep knowing that there is a little video of that baby.

Here you go Cathy and Suebdew- In honor of the two ladies that were with me when Joaquin had his first blueberry! We have created a MONSTER!!i73uajk73g6a.jpg

I’m the youngest of 7, mom and everyone said. I didn’t look like anyone else except for a uncle that I never met I am very different in personality than the rest
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,956 Member
    Options
    :'(Kim, I am so sorry about your yoga class. I know how much my dance classes mean to me and I'd be so sad if I couldn't go anymore. <3 I hope you'll find something to fill the gap.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Katie, so sorry for the lose of your uncle. That's a lot going on for your Mom to handle. I hope she does well. My sister was 81.

Janetr OKC