WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    :) The book I'm reading right now is "Thinner This Year" by one of the authors of "Younger Next Year". It is filled with the "hows" and "whys" of healthy eating and exercise.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Allie.....your Alfie has the spirit of mischief in those
    sparkling eyes.He’s a sweetie!
    Auntiebk,DD was so thankful she has 4 wh drive.Said she wouldn’t have made it otherwise. Their property had 7” of snow & the lane is slanted.
    Pat in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Lppopo
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,
    Lanette - Salad dressing, I love the stuff, especially the creamy ones, so as I realized the amount of calories in them I started trying all sorts of ones and some recipes and finally found BOLTHOUSE, they are in the refrigerated section of the produce isle in Safeway and Lucky and they are yogurt based, so not too many unpronounceable things, taste good to me, and they run 40-50 calories for 2 tablespoons.

My company is running late getting here, so having a very productive morning… Love those times.

Smiles

Kim from N. California

Kim - I've had the Bolthouse dressings and I agree, they are delicious! I will look for them again. Hope you got a lot accomplished this morning! Very nice to have a surprise gift of time like that B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.51min, 145mhr, 11.5amph. 1.5mi= 89c
    apple watch- 76c
    manual* TREADMILL- walk 15min, 119mhr, .84mi = 108c
    apple watch- 116c
    ROWING MACHINE- 15min, 48aw, 134mhr, 2340meters= 96c
    apple watch- 119c
    ROPE PULL- 9min, midset, lvl5, 125ahr, 136mhr, 1013ft = 85c
    apple watch- 82c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.43min, 15.3amph, 123mhr, 1.4mi= 52c
    apple watch- 41c
    Bike ride PUY 2 SUMN STA- 15.46min, 145mhr, 11.5amph, 3mi= 151c
    apple watch- 115c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.04min, 147mhr, 9.43min mi, .5mi= 64c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.51min, 10.30min mi, 150mhr, .4mi= 61c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.47min, 151mhr, 7.5amph, 2.6mi= 209c
    apple watch- 151c

total cal 953
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    I went to the Y totally expecting the class. And it was closed! Yup, the doors were locked. So I came home and did the Peak 10 DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love's Get Ripped 1000 DVD (I do wish she'd come up with different names)

M - if you have too many cherries, you can always send some my way. I would't object....lol

Played mahjongg today then went to Lowes Foods. Got Hamburger Helper on sale, with my coupons, but they didn't have any chicken breasts that I wanted. The old excuse "with this storm, the trucks weren't able to get thru". Anyway, so I went to Food Lion and got some sweet potatoes that were on sale, Gatorade for Vince that was on sale (but not a great sale), Vince needed milk, and they did have the chicken. I'll probably make it tomorrow.

Just got back from WalMart. See, last year Jess' bf gave Vince this real neat picture. Well, Jess mentioned if he had it framed (which at the time he didn't) and I've been on his case to get a frame. He framed it but needed the wire to hang it. The frame comes with a hanger but it's not real good.

Mary - great to see you.

Ovaltine ... reminds me of a that Christmas movie where the kid gets the secret decoder pin and the message is "drink your Ovaltine".

Rye - feel better fast

Lisa - sending good vibes your way.

marie - welcome. Just jump right in

Terry - fantastic name!!

suebdew - OUCH!!!!

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: Thank you so much for the broken brain links! I have gained a lot of support there for the practices I am following, and some new ideas for continuing good health. Just watched a segment on MS, but couldn't talk DH into watching it. He has MS and it could be of value to him, but he's wearing his "no" hat. :-

Wendy & Heather: Arrow has nice accommodations in comparison to many places I've seen. He has a large box stall with a roomy attached paddock. He spends his time out in the paddock beside the fence, side by side with a neighboring horse. They are often close enough to touch. He tends to get sour when he doesn't get enough attention and that has been the case lately. His owner has a husband with medical issues that have kept them both running to the hospital in Portland & I was not feeling well enough to go out and exercise him, either. I will be absent again in a couple of weeks while I travel to see my grandchildren. Which reminds me, I need to let my friend know that I'll be away for a couple of weeks. Poor old Arrow needs more attention than he is getting right now from either or both of us. :embarassed: My friend does an excellent job with feed, care, and cleanliness at the stable. I'm not sure how many horses are currently in residence there. I think she is about my age +/-. She loves horses and works hard to provide good care. I should have been out to see Arrow more often, but was under the weather for a while and didn't feel well enough to go. We're both doing the best we can with our personal situations. :ohwell:

Allie: Mr. Alfie is a cutie. :smiley:

Karen: We're planning to find a new cleaner when we get back from our trip east to see our grandchildren. :heart:

Lisa: It sounds like you are superstitious, like me. I keep quiet about things I really want to have happen out of fear that I'll somehow jinx the situation. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I agree that our cleaner is too expensive. She doesn't do things as well as they need doing, either. Change is needed. :grumble:

Terry: Speaking of Rings is a great business name WTG!!! :star:

Joyce: I'm glad you're finally feeling a bit better. Good news! :flowerforyou:

I'm starting to get excited about our upcoming trip to see kids and grandkids. We leave in only 6 days. There is still quite a bit to do, but we have the dog taken care of and need to get ourselves in order and pack. We'll solve the cleaner problem when we get back.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Katla, thought of one more idea that might take some of the pressure off you as well as improve Arrow's attitude: If his owner agrees, maybe there is a horse-mad girl who hangs around the stable or in the neighborhood who would come and give him attention and/or ride him a couple days a week when you are not able to. THat is one of the reasons I continue to have students despite my Busy Bee schedule, because my horses love the attention they get from those horse-mad girls. I can go out riding, and a student will ride one my horses with me, so I am actually able to exercise two horses at once. Appeals to my multi-tasking get 100 things done at once side. LOL. If you don't actually know a teen with horse fever, I bet putting up a notice in a local store would scrounge some up. LOl <3 Wendy
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Made notes. Will post tomorrow. Fridays are tough for me.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I love both those books. They are full of really good advice, backed up by real science. Plus humour. Plus they are not smug. I reread them both from time to time, mainly for the science bits. Aren't our bodies just amazing?!?! :D
    For anyone who hasn't read them - YOUNGER NEXT YEAR FOR WOMEN and THINNER THIS YEAR. Exercise is the focus of the first one and gut health of the second. Some of the info is a little out of date, but the principle holds.

Another thing we talk about in this group is Mental Hygiene. Equally important.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Machka, have a scone for me please. my DD starts classes next week. She is taking Statistics, Java, Physics and Algebra. Good thing she quit her job. I think she is going to be very stressed. After this semester, she just has her internship over the summer and then she will graduate with her Associate’s degree. She is a late bloomer but I’m so gal she did it. She is on the Dean’s list and hopes this semester doesn’t bring down her GPA. Then she wants to find a job with benefits and will pay for her Bachelor’s.

Good for her!! I hope she continues to do well. It can be stressful, but also very rewarding. :)