True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm a software developer btw. Nothing special, but currency and the future for IT..."internet of things", weak AI...strong AI as well...it's all really being looked at.

We have not come to the top of our level as a species.

We are only getting started.

I appreciate some of it, but on the other hand some of it scares me. I feel like we are heading towards being like the people in wall-e
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    BR_549 wrote: »
    I confess to giving out $2 bills as gifts because they are such a pain to deal with.

Here we have toonies

h8cu9746haxx.jpg

Not the toonie, but your paper currency almost got me either in a lot of trouble, or ruler of your country while in Quebec City a few years ago. ;)
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Ic my brain has shut down...its officially out of order the rest of today
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    I confess to giving out $2 bills as gifts because they are such a pain to deal with.

Here we have toonies

h8cu9746haxx.jpg

Not the toonie, but your paper currency almost got me either in a lot of trouble, or ruler of your country while in Quebec City a few years ago. ;)

I adore our paper (plastic) money. I despise American money. It all looks the same and there are too many $1 bills.

Well yeah, there's no need to make it rain Hamiltons. It's not like she's going to Harvard. :p

ETA- That was a weak attempt at a strip club joke. Low-brow, I know.
  • bojack3
    Options

Here we have toonies

h8cu9746haxx.jpg

I adore our paper (plastic) money. I despise American money. It all looks the same and there are too many $1 bills.

Well the question that started the issue was why does Canada have the Queen of England on their money? The unsolicited answer I got was because England once controlled Canada. My response was, so was the US, but since we have become independent we put our own leaders on our currency. That apparently insulted the man that rudely interjected his opinion into a conversation he wasn't invited into. The ensuing melee was enough for me to believe I could take over the country with a strongly worded letter if I so choose. ;)
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I confess that I tend to eat stuff, and then realize when logging my food that I had too many carbs... and I usually enter last night's dinner at the same time as today's lunch, while I'm at work.
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Spnneil06 wrote: »
    I confess that I may well be one my way to being a crazy cat lady...well at least i"m married!

me too! I'm married, but would rather have furry friends than kids, so I think that still qualify as crazy cat lady. but I've got it under control at the moment - only two indoor cats and two feral ones that I feed outside.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    IC I know nothing about tea, do I keep the teabag in the cup the whole time? No? What is the pepper limit of time ? What is steeping? Did Winston Churchill drunk tea?

What's an oxidant and more importantly WTF IS AN ANTIOXIDANT...

Need Big Guns help here... @TeacupsAndToning

Here you go darling:

An antioxidant is a molecule that inhibits the oxidation of other molecules

For further reading: Oxidation is a chemical reaction that can produce free radicals, leading to chain reactions that may damage cells

go9i904iyhu7.png

This is not true.... it's funny, but not true.
  • bojack3
    Options

Here we have toonies

h8cu9746haxx.jpg

Well the question that started the issue was why does Canada have the Queen of England on their money? The unsolicited answer I got was because England once controlled Canada. My response was, so was the US, but since we have become independent we put our own leaders on our currency. That apparently insulted the man that rudely interjected his opinion into a conversation he wasn't invited into. The ensuing melee was enough for me to believe I could take over the country with a strongly worded letter if I so choose. ;)

She's actually not on all of our money.

She's on our $20.00 bill and she's on the "head" sign of our coins. I always just assumed that it's because we're still part of the Commonwealth and while we run our own nation we're still connected to the UK.

We do have our own leaders on our other bills:

$5.00 - Wilfred Laurier (the first French-Canadian Prime Minister) with Canadarm 2 on the back
    $10.00 - John A. MacLeod (our first PM) with the Canadian Rail on the back
    $20.00 - The Queen with the Vimy Ridge monument on the back
    $50.00 - William Lyon McKenzie King (our PM through WWII) with a Canadian Coast Guard icebreaker ship on the back
    $100.00 - Robert Borden (our PM during WWI) with a salute to Canadian scientific research which includes insulin which was discovered by Frederick Banking (a Canadian)

qla5rilnp8zv.jpg

The person you spoke with just, as like Jon Snow, knew nothing.

I appreciate the knowledge you have shared with me. Had the person who so misinformed me had enough manners not to butt in to a conversation they were not a part of, I may have learned this year's ago. Thank you
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

She's on our $20.00 bill and she's on the "head" sign of our coins. I always just assumed that it's because we're still part of the Commonwealth and while we run our own nation we're still connected to the UK.

$5.00 - Wilfred Laurier (the first French-Canadian Prime Minister) with Canadarm 2 on the back
    $50.00 - William Lyon McKenzie King (our PM through WWII) with a Canadian Coast Guard icebreaker ship on the back
    $100.00 - Robert Borden (our PM during WWI) with a salute to Canadian scientific research which includes insulin which was discovered by Frederick Banting (a Canadian)

Are you talking about your you're Monopoly play money again?

Also, *kitten* SPOILERS!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,193 Member
    Options

Here we have toonies

h8cu9746haxx.jpg

This is why we are friends!
  • bojack3
    Options

Here we have toonies

h8cu9746haxx.jpg

$100.00 - Robert Borden (our PM during WWI) with a salute to Canadian scientific research which includes insulin which was discovered by Frederick Banking (a Canadian)

qla5rilnp8zv.jpg

I appreciate the knowledge you have shared with me. Had the person who so misinformed me had enough manners not to butt in to a conversation they were not a part of, I may have learned this year's ago. Thank you

To be fair I would've chimed in too, I just remember my schooling :D

I have tolerance for knowledge.....none for ignorance. Your chiming in would have been welcomed. :)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I'm on a conference call that I find so absolutely boring that I'm surfing the forums to keep me a wake. I have NO F'n clue what they are talking about at this point, and I just don't care.