JFT 02/7/2018

1). meet all of my fitness goals
    2). complete 30 minutes of Zumba
    3). stick to the plan

Jesus be a fence...
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa my heart goes out to you and your family. It's such a difficult thing to go through.

@HGSmith0920 my family thinks I'm OCD about making my bed. But I love turning it down before I go to sleep. And the way it looks if I have to go into the room throughout the day.

@joan6630 you & your DH have been through a lot. Let your body heal. So glad to hear about the jeans. That's so encouraging. I've been wearing stretchy yoga pants for far too long. Sorry to hear about the nausea. I wonder what's triggering it? Feel better.

Drink water-64oz min.
    Track all my meals today-low carb/high protein-done.
    Breakfast was not too high in protein so I need to pay attention to my hunger signals so I don't get ravenous and make a poor choice.
    Pack protein bar & apple in bag.
    30 min walk at my favorite park & listen to a Half Size Me webinar for inspiration.
    90 ab crunches.
    Read today's Simple Abundance.
    Meditate 25 mins.
    Double fish oil & take echinacea.
    Read for 15 mins "New Book Of Lifting for Women". 2x today
    Week is planned out.

Trying not to get frustrated as scale hasn't moved in about 4 days despite making healthy choices & tracking everything.

Have a great day everyone!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    I'm back, and oh my goodness, there are 150+ posts on this thread since I was on! The cold I thought I was getting Friday was more a mild case of the flu. Slept through the weekend and into the work week. Tried to get ready for work Tuesday, but just too weak. Back at work today, but taking it very easy.

JFT W 2/7
    1) Get through work day without incident
    2) Pick up prescription cat food at vet
    3) Don't overdo in the evening
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    the ymca usually will have a pool, along with classes to get you started. As for the suit, check swimoutlet.com or amazon.

Ah, I'm in Australia so I'll have to search for a website that will ship here but thanks, I hadn't considered looking online.
    have you bought clothes online before?
    how was the experience?
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Goals for today that I missed were:
    stay in the green with sugar and be in bed by 1:30am.

I'll do better tomorrow, pinky swear <3

Thursdays goals:
    stay under MFP kj limits but high enough not to generate that low-cal warning
    stay in the green with fat and sugar
    complete 1hr in one set on the exercise bike
    - add an extra 30min set if you feel you want it enough (remember it's weigh-in day tomorrow)
    eat chia for breakfast
    eat only when I want
    eat only what I want

avoid added sugar or sweetener (other than honey)
    avoid dairy and gluten (you know you can't eat them, don't make life harder for yourself!)
    be in bed by 1am, aim: 6hrs sleep

Freedom isn't living without rules, it's just living by your own rules -Gintama.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    cory17 wrote: »
    @ bex dermatrillomania? what you describe my dh does - picks things until they're a big hard lump. treatment?

Yeah my partner catches me “scanning” my body, which is basically feeling for any “imperfections” so if I have a little cut from anything or a bit of oil has splashed on my hand and marked it and the worst is having spots because I can’t leave them alone. I just pick them. Daily, over and over and they never heal. But I feel like by doing it I’m helping it heal or look better.
    I’ve not gone as far as to purposely make a wound to pick.

Treatment is usually SSRIs. So I’m on fluoxetine (Prozac?) but with me probably CBT will help to find out why I do it in the first place. But I cba going so luckily as I’m aware of it I do try stop myself. Sometimes plasters help and I try a “3 day rule” so I won’t touch one for 3 days togive it chance to heal before I get a cxance to pick it again

we have an appointment for tuesday to talk about an SSRI
  • missheidi
    Options
    so yesterday went all sorts of wonky. I went to send my son (kristian, the older) a dm on instagram and found multiple posts about suicide and pain. i panicked of course, and got an emergency appointment with his therapist. He is freaking out about high school and realizing that he doesn't fit in socially. He's 13, and this is the age that spectrum kids start figuring this out. So we are working on some solutions to the high school anxiety and will see the dr about an ssri on tues. So little bit of a rough patch in my world.
    on the plus side, I was down 3.8 pounds this week!

JFT recap 2/6
    Log :)
    stay green calories :) carbs :(
    drink 80 :| not quite sure. was close if not all the way
    yoga :# life intervened

JFT2/7
    log
    stay green
    drink 80
    yoga video with Kristian ( i already warned him we were doing it. he groaned and said ok)
    knit/crochet group at church tonight
    Talking to my principal at school to hopefully arrange visits for K to alleviate some of the anxiety.
  • missheidi
    Options
    acrylicfox wrote: »
    the ymca usually will have a pool, along with classes to get you started. As for the suit, check swimoutlet.com or amazon.

Ah, I'm in Australia so I'll have to search for a website that will ship here but thanks, I hadn't considered looking online.
    how was the experience?

i hav
    acrylicfox wrote: »

how was the experience?
    i have bought lots of clothes online and been happy with the experience. i think swimoutlet will ship world wide.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    :lol: you sound like me atm! Sleeping everywhere!

I fell asleep halfway up the stairs the other day. I think I only sat down for a moment.

It scared the €rap out my partner when he found me thinking I’d fallen or something :lol:

Oh my word, that was me on my fourth child. We homeschooled and I remember giving a spelling test. I would literally call out the word and immediately go into a deep sleep. The kids would write down the word then wake me up. I'd startle out of a sleep, call the next word and zonk right out again. Those kids could have crept away and I wouldn't have known it...or just completed the spelling test and tell me that I'd given the last word.. I was just so tired. My husband was gone during the week and home only on weekends...no doubt that contributed to the weariness.

Haha, then a few weeks after the baby, I took the kids swimming at the city pool. I was holding the baby on the steps in the wading area feeling worn out. A lady sat down next to me and oohs and ahhs over the baby. She asked me when he was born. For the the life of me I could not remember the date! I just looked at her for several seconds and then said, "I've got no idea." She quietly slipped away, lololol

:sweat_smile: !!!!!!

I always forget my kids birthdays!
    I feel like im trading in my brain cells for kids haha!

I forget everyone's too. Thank goodness my DH remembers things like that.
  • junodog1
    edited February 2018
    Options
    CHAMM014 wrote: »
    I was so excited to find this thread! My JFT is to read through thread and make a commitment for tomorrow.

You'll love it! We have a great group here! We are so encouraging and celebrate everyone's triumphs! And it's a really active board!

Understatement of the year. :laugh:
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    CHAMM014 wrote: »
    I was so excited to find this thread! My JFT is to read through thread and make a commitment for tomorrow.

You'll love it! We have a great group here! We are so encouraging and celebrate everyone's triumphs! And it's a really active board!

Understatement of the year. :laugh:
    I try to scare new people too much. Lol. I feel like I have to check every couple of hours so that I dont get too far behind on posts! I mean between 9:30 and 12:30 there were 12 posts! Lol

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I'm so glad you are feeling better! A few weeks ago I had Strep Throat and my DH just started antibiotics for a sinus infection he's had for 2 weeks. It's a really nasty sickness winter this year! My strep was only the second time I have been sick in 2 years. It was weird to come down with something. I hope work is easy for you today! Take it slow and steady. I'm sorry about the 5K. I know you really enjoy them. Hopefully the next one!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    @missheidi - one of my sons (now 30yo) Aspergers, moved across the country to GA w/his girlfriend as he bought a house there, is self supporting w/an online video business. In high school, he went to prom with one of his guy friends. The square peg does eventually make it to the round hole. Here's sending good karma and success to Kristian!! He will have friends.
    @bex - thank you, thank you for sharing and the info. didn't know there was a name for it & a treatment. and the birthdays - hah, welcome to the jello brain status.

Read the posts and you ladies impress me with how much gets done.

JFT:
    LOG FOOD and stay in green
  • missheidi
    Options
    Talked to Mr. Theissen (the building principal) today and am THRILLED with his suggestions. This will go in steps: first, K will come a couple times and spend a couple class periods with me, and experience passing periods and the general classroom environment. Then he will visit and go with a friend of his, Austin, to a couple of his elective classes. Austin is a senior. Then Ms. Prevost, the freshman counselor will find a suitable current freshman he can go with to a couple of freshman classes to experience that.
    This way, it’s taking baby steps to alleviate the anxiety. So he’s with me first, then with Austin, then with someone he doesn’t know. As he succeeds in each stage, and can see that he will be just fine, he should be comfortable with the situation.

His teacher told me as well that he came in with his smile back today. I think we are back on the right track.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    That’s good news @missheidi - sounds like you are doing a tough but amazing job.

I had a good day today. Have a huge work thing tomorrow and I’m nervous but I feel like I’ve done as much to prepare as I can do nothing left to do but try and get a good rest tonight.

Recap Goals for 7/2:

- exercise before kids get up ✅
    - 2 ltr + water ✅ prob double that - v pleased!
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - 15k + steps ✅
    - Finish all prep for observation on thurs ✅
    - Book dentist ✅
    - Early night ✅ (doing now!)

Goals for tomorrow:

- exercise before kids get up
    - 2 ltr + water
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - 15k + steps
    - Stay calm and smile!
    - Maybe yoga after work, or just treat myself to a nice solo coffee before I head home

Enjoy the rest of today everyone x
  • junodog1
    Options
    @missheidi Keep your chin up and as I say, Keep on Keepin on! Just make it through the day! One minute at a time sometimes, but you will! A random thought. I watched a video a few weeks ago. It was a commencement speech for one of the military academies and it was a commanding officer who said that the best thing anyone can do for themselves is to make their bed in the morning. The part that stuck with me is that no matter how bad your day is or how much you DONT get done, at least when it's time to go to bed you have a neat, clean, made bed. It has actually turned my days around sometimes. I've even got my husband into doing it when he wakes up and I'm not home. So maybe try that. I know it has definitely boosted my mood some days.

I agree. I started doing that too a few years ago and it does brighten my day - especially when I come home.
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    JFT
    actually achieved my goals yesterday. JFT is helping me so much, just to take it day by day and be mindful each day of what is important and to just try hard for this one day.

1) no snacking
    2) drink water every hour
    3) go shopping and do cook tonight's meal of fried greens with chickpea curry
    4) commit now to alcohol-free February - it's been easy and beneficial.
    5) Enjoy work today - put on makeup for once
    6) Log EVERYTHING
  • HGSmith0920
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So something awesome just happened but it was totally random. Lol. I wanted to close an account on a shopping website and I had to contact customer care to do it so I did a chat with a woman. I was thinking it was going to be some computer but it wasn't! This woman was just awesome. There was a glitch on their end that said I still had a package waiting to be delivered from before Christmas so she deleted it for me but she asked a lot of question to make sure she was doing everything the way I wanted. She was really good. And she asked for my feedback and I gave her a great review and I could feel her beaming through the computer. Lol. I know that good feedback help live chatters during reviews and things and I wanted her to feel like she had done a great job because she had. It was just nice knowing that I could do that for her.

Update- I got one of those annoying survey emails from the website. But this time I didn't ignore it. I let the company know just how amazing Caroline A was. Lol. I used almost all of the 1000 character count telling them how awesome she was. Lol. I hope it helps her!
  • junodog1
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Hello Wonderful Ladies,
    I have not been on for several days but I have been keeping up and sending various likes, hugs, etc. Such an encouraging and determined group...love it. A big welcome to new people. This is a great place.

For those who are prayer-folk, I would appreciate prayers for my sweet daughter-in-law and son. As some of you learned from earlier posts, we have been filled with joy at the prospect of our first grandchild, a boy, named Parker Wade. We had recently seen a picture of him sucking his thumb and a video of his hiccups. Last week, at 14 weeks, his heart stopped beating. She was induced this morning. This is her second miscarriage, but this occurred much later than the first. It is heartbreaking to have your kids go through such pain. So thankful her mom, (who is my best friend) is there to walk along beside them.

Peace and joy.

I have so many feels for you. I went through this almost exactly. Had a sonogram at about 16 weeks, went back a week later for an week later for an amniocentesis procedure and my baby was dead. Then I had to be induced.

It was an evil trick on us because the baby had been unplanned. My husband had a vasectomy scheduled when we found out that I was pregnant again. Just when we got acceptance of the whole having another child thing ... "Surprize! Just kidding about that baby," said the powers that be.

I tell you all that because, even in that case, it was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through. (I am fine now.) I believe it is much more heart rendering for someone who is planning or yearning for a child.

My prayers and deepest sympathy to your family.