Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

CICO is overrated in my opinion

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I have an almost an hour and a half to go- sooooooo let's move it along- we gotta keep talking about something.

Come join us in the Food section. Very sensible discussion about the "best" diet happening over there..........You might need to read really really fast though.

Oh and don't shake your head while you're trying to speed read... it'll slow you down :wink:

Quick notes...

OP wants a diet to prevent all possible disease and lose weight....

Sort of goes to plan (well.it is friday) then ADDED SUGARZ = LOW FAT CONSPIRACY = ALL FRUIT IS POISON

Then bizarrely special k being 33% sugar and eating 128lbs of added sugar each a year ....being thrown about every other post....

There's a whole leaky gut thing on pages 2-5, but you can skip it and head to page 8-ish where sugar kicks in.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I have an almost an hour and a half to go- sooooooo let's move it along- we gotta keep talking about something.

Come join us in the Food section. Very sensible discussion about the "best" diet happening over there..........You might need to read really really fast though.

Oh and don't shake your head while you're trying to speed read... it'll slow you down :wink:

Quick notes...

Sort of goes to plan (well.it is friday) then ADDED SUGARZ = LOW FAT CONSPIRACY = ALL FRUIT IS POISON

Then bizarrely special k being 33% sugar and eating 128lbs of added sugar each a year ....being thrown about every other post....

Most excellent cliff notes there!

Don't forget 40P-40F-20C is the macro split to perfect health! We were only told a dozen times :huh:
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I move that we create a debate/discussion group that's aggressively moderated against disrespectful folks, but no holds barred regarding ethical/theological belief/opinion.

I've looked into some and they're a bit sunny and Evangelically flavored. Nothing wrong with that of course but the conversation at those groups seems to come to a standstill in about 30 days with the group leader ending up talking pretty much to herself after that.

If there were an eclectic mix of Roman Catholics, Byzantine Catholics, Protestants of various traditional denominations, non-denominationals, atheists, agnostics, New Agers, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Literalists, Mormons, 7th Day, Self taught Christians with no formal affiliation, Secular Humanists, former tarot card readers that came back to walk with Christ again, etc. - with an emphasis on respect with moderation - that could be interesting if we could keep the discussions ongoing and interesting.

I haven't yet seen such a group get off the ground but for sure it's a good idea.

Definitely sounds interesting! One thing I like about MFP is that all kinds of people have weight struggles. I have MFP friends who are Muslim, Evangelical, Wiccan, and who-knows-what. The one thing they have in common is needing to watch how they eat.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Quick notes...

Most excellent cliff notes there!

Don't forget 40P-40F-20C is the macro split to perfect health! We were only told a dozen times :huh:
    WAIT BUT POUND THE PASTA!!!

that sounds like a sex joke.

I'm on page five- holy shesush
  • JoRocka
    Options
    OH MORE FOLLOW THE MONEY CONVERSATIONS!

Look- Solomon was right- nothing new under the sun.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    oh guys- you saved my Friday afternoon- why the frack did I not go in here sooner!!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I'm now officially concerned I do not effectively have enough time to read all of this before I leave.

Definitely glad I didn't skip leaky gut- got a great link from Anvil on debunk whole30. I have a friend who is BIG on that stuff. She thinks something is seriously wrong with her (possibly) but she's just wholly across the board - not good at eating well- and consistently and does not do any dedicated effective cardio. She retains a FK ton of water- but well- frankly- if she lost 45-75 pounds I'm guessing it would go away. Unsure.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm now officially concerned I do not effectively have enough time to read all of this before I leave.

Definitely glad I didn't skip leaky gut- got a great link from Anvil on debunk whole30. I have a friend who is BIG on that stuff. She thinks something is seriously wrong with her (possibly) but she's just wholly across the board - not good at eating well- and consistently and does not do any dedicated effective cardio. She retains a FK ton of water- but well- frankly- if she lost 45-75 pounds I'm guessing it would go away. Unsure.

I love that you're keeping us updated over here as you read :lol:
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I move that we create a debate/discussion group that's aggressively moderated against disrespectful folks, but no holds barred regarding ethical/theological belief/opinion.

I've looked into some and they're a bit sunny and Evangelically flavored. Nothing wrong with that of course but the conversation at those groups seems to come to a standstill in about 30 days with the group leader ending up talking pretty much to herself after that.

If there were an eclectic mix of Roman Catholics, Byzantine Catholics, Protestants of various traditional denominations, non-denominationals, atheists, agnostics, New Agers, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Literalists, Mormons, 7th Day, Self taught Christians with no formal affiliation, Secular Humanists, former tarot card readers that came back to walk with Christ again, etc. - with an emphasis on respect with moderation - that could be interesting if we could keep the discussions ongoing and interesting.

I haven't yet seen such a group get off the ground but for sure it's a good idea.

I'm a member of a FB group that is sort of that way.

But here goes. Hope I did this right.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/125560-meaning-of-life
  • JoRocka
    Options
    what I think is brilliant about this thread- is when you read it all in one go- it's fun because you can practically tell who wrote what- it's magical.

Also- it's fun to see the bandwagon effect- because people (like it or not) jump on it- like the 90's thing- totally a bandwagon for the thread- I think it's great- but well- it's funny everyone jumped on it.

@pinuplove If I asked for something entertaining- I DEFINITELY want to make sure you know- I'm entertained.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I accidentally found it today when I noticed the number of replies and just KNEW something had kicked off. MFP did not disappoint.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I've made it to the special K- 2.8 grams vs 33 grams.

my my my- how fun!
  • JoRocka
    edited February 2018
    Options
    also- I'm really confused when did carbs become a sugar?
    average person literally consume 12-13 bag a year

I actually sort of don't see a problem with this.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I accidentally found it today when I noticed the number of replies and just KNEW something had kicked off. MFP did not disappoint.

Yep, I always check out threads with a large number of replies. They never disappoint. Especially on a Friday.