Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

CICO is overrated in my opinion

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely impressed with this knuckleheads ability to hang in there and repeat

I mean- I have to give him SOME credit- he brought a plastic knife to the tank fight- but I mean- he's still hanging in there.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Thank you for reposting that link.

I forgot to bookmark it when it came up and don't have the courage to go back through the entire thing.

BTW... anyone else find it funny that one train wreck (? then again... not sure if it even counts as such anymore) is being used to comment on another?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I'm genuinely impressed with this knuckleheads ability to hang in there and repeat

I mean- I have to give him SOME credit- he brought a plastic knife to the tank fight- but I mean- he's still hanging in there.

IKR? I don't like to give props to someone that dense, but he is seriously committed. His food diary reflects that as well :wink:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Thank you for reposting that link.

I forgot to bookmark it when it came up and don't have the courage to go back through the entire thing.

BTW... anyone else find it funny that one train wreck (? then again... not sure if it even counts as such anymore) is being used to comment on another?

On wedding wire prior to the new regime - we had the "daily chat" and we talked about a lot of everything and nothing- we frequently discussed other threads on going- I'm kind of sad we don't have it any more- but yeah- totally normal on that site- (or it was) no you can't do it- and they booted a bunch of us married irrelevants out.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    17 pages in and he cracks a joke- least he's got a sense of humor!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,120 Member
    Options
    Not sure what to make of all the wooing. I mean I get that this is a relatively controversial subject, but nobody in the "believer" camp has done any more than present opinion and perspective as opinion and perspective.

That is because the public forums in a thread about CICO is really not the place to debate or discuss this without getting the thread locked. So far it has skirted the limit of the forum rules, and I think it is better to not get the thread locked or deleted. We can all be mature and present our views, but for me to argue my position or others their is sure to cause problems here.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I have an almost an hour and a half to go- sooooooo let's move it along- we gotta keep talking about something.

I move that we create a debate/discussion group that's aggressively moderated against disrespectful folks, but no holds barred regarding ethical/theological belief/opinion.

I've looked into some and they're a bit sunny and Evangelically flavored. Nothing wrong with that of course but the conversation at those groups seems to come to a standstill in about 30 days with the group leader ending up talking pretty much to herself after that.

If there were an eclectic mix of Roman Catholics, Byzantine Catholics, Protestants of various traditional denominations, non-denominationals, atheists, agnostics, New Agers, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Literalists, Mormons, 7th Day, Self taught Christians with no formal affiliation, Secular Humanists, former tarot card readers that came back to walk with Christ again, etc. - with an emphasis on respect with moderation - that could be interesting if we could keep the discussions ongoing and interesting.

I haven't yet seen such a group get off the ground but for sure it's a good idea.

I'm a member of a FB group that is sort of that way.

But here goes. Hope I did this right.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/125560-meaning-of-life

There is an atheist group on here. But it's a real boring group that hasn't had a post in months.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3964-atheists-on-mfp

Last post is Nov 2017.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I have an almost an hour and a half to go- sooooooo let's move it along- we gotta keep talking about something.

I move that we create a debate/discussion group that's aggressively moderated against disrespectful folks, but no holds barred regarding ethical/theological belief/opinion.

I'd be up for this.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

My dinner last night and lunch today...
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    The crazy thread just got closed, and is minus the last 3 pages :'( Might want to head over there sooner than later if you want to read what's left...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    The crazy thread just got closed, and is minus the last 3 pages :'( Might want to head over there sooner than later if you want to read what's left...

It's been split off into a new thread on the debate board.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

It's been split off into a new thread on the debate board.

I'm only on page seven of the split thread and I feel that my brain is beginning to leak out of my ears due to all the "bro math".
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I'm eating Thai tonight!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I always eat oatmeal but on a whim I added some butter and was full until lunch. Fat is where it's at. LOL

Was just speaking to a physician who is an obesity expert with years of research behind him.
    A woman in the room said she was addicted to high sugar coffee beverages from Starbucks.
    He suggested that she try to ween herself off of sugars and make her own coffee and use full fat whipping cream (from a carton) and put in a tsp of ghee (purified butter) in it also. It was found to be very satisfying and the participants had high energy all morning. Labs also had shown cholesterol levels came down significantly.
    But no sugar or any artificial sweetners at at not even stevia.
    Very interesting!

I like my coffee straight with a little coconut oil mixed in. It gives it a subtle richness and smells fantastic and keeps me satisfied for quite a while.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    I added all of the requests, but a due to lag, a couple ended up denied accidentally as I was clicking