Replies

• rtls
    rtls Posts: 285 Member
    amfmmama wrote: »
    tishawj wrote: »
    amfmmama wrote: »
    puttyputty wrote: »
    Wow got my first woo...

That one wasn't me, but I know I "wooed" a few people a couple of months ago because I though I was cheering them on! I hope that's the case for your wooer. :)

Are we clear on the meaning of woo? I always thought it was woo hoo! What else could it mean?

I posted this a few pages back...but this is what the woo reaction is intended for

"Woo, also called woo-woo, is a term for pseudoscientific explanations that share certain common characteristics, often being too good to be true (aside from being unscientific). The term is common among skeptical writers. Woo is understood specifically as dressing itself in the trappings of science (but not the substance) while involving unscientific concepts, such as anecdotal evidence and sciencey-sounding words."

- found the best definition I could online...

Thank you! Now I just feel awful calling everyone's accomplishments a hoax!! Seems like an odd thing to even have. So to all you, I have woo'd..... WOOOOO HOOOOOO ! I will change my ways!

On the main forums it seems like woo woo, but on these threads I have only seen it used as WOO-HOO, great job. I think it's a nicer use than calling people nuts.