WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,118 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Started post but ipad logged me out, I need one with more memory. Will do a clear out get rid of some of the stuff on here. I like to download something to watch on the plane even tho it's not a long flight to Spain.

Why not just watch the movies, TV shows, documentaries etc. on the plane? They've got a decent selection these days. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,118 Member
    Options
    Finally had the chance to watch Oddball this evening. We bought the movie just before Christmas. It was all right. :) Probably the best part was that we've spent some time in the area where it was filmed.

Oddball Movie Information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3401748/

Machka in Oz
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • vix576
    vix576 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening all - welcome, Vix in Italy - please let us know what you'd like us to call you, it really helps us keep our conversations oriented to the right people! :) Welcome to all our new chums, we're always pleased to have more folks to support and encourage.

Finally finished a database cleanup yesterday that had taken me four MONTHS to complete. But ended up deleting more than 3,000 accounts on a cloud database that will raise our subscription price if we go over 5,000, so well worth doing. Unfortunately, the way they have it set up, in order to delete an account, you have to delete every donation individually for each person. Which was fine for the 1,700+ who had never given, but tough for the rest. Hard, sloggy work, but much like cleaning house, you can look at your results with pride in a job well done. Now it's time to analyze the past donations (all downloaded pre-deletion) to see what we need to up our game in the years to come.

Data analysis is actually fun for me--but we're also moving into spring grant season, and I've got about four majors looming, and another three major reports at the moment. Honestly, it never stops - possibly why I remain completely engaged in my job. Unusual for me at a year on a job. I've usually cleaned up my predecessor's mess and am get a little bored and start looking around by the one-year mark. I may have finally found my niche! Only took me 57 years... :blush: So I'm slow!

The knees have been given me such fits of late that I decided to stop running for a bit and use the underdesk elliptical exclusively. Running puts me out of any kind of weight-bearing exercise for two days afterward, so much as I love it, until I can get them fixed, I may have to give it up. However, during the four days in a row that I've been using the elliptical, I'm losing weight every day, small amounts, but four days in a row. Something that's happened very seldom since the beginning of this program. As you can see by the graph, only a tenth of a pound this morning, but nonetheless, a tenth of a pound in the right direction!

yq5qh4xih9cd.jpg

Anyway... got things I need to get done this morning, and Corey's already downstairs with the grands. Love that man... his patience and humor with them has made this all work in ways neither one of us could have imagined. Will be glad when we're on to our next adventure, but so very, very glad we came here to be with them while they needed us.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in NC for 40 more days...

Hey. My name is vicki. Keep up the good work your doing both with weight loss and work.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies -

My biceps are screaming today, as expected. My back muscles are also letting me know they were used yesterday. (Just to be clear, I did not hurt my back, just normally unused muscles letting me know they were used.)

Got my walk in and now we are heading out to run some errands and grab a poke bowl for lunch. I haven't had one in a while and I am looking forward to it!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

your biceps are screaming, take me back to the gym!!! don't stop!!!!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rita!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Spent yesterday celebrating my birthday by drinking a bottle is ziffendel with chips and salsa. Calls or texts from kids, mom and sibs. Cards from a few and lots of wishes on Facebook. Son called at 10 pm drunk and depressed, so didn’t end well. But all in all good day. Going out to eat and do laundry and groceries today so another not so good healthy day, but once in a while helps the body and mind.

RV Rita in Columbus New Mexico

RITA - Happy Belated Birthday!!! Have a good Sunday (((HUGS))))

Lanette
    SW WA State