JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    y'know what would be awesome? if my runny nose burned calories.

LOL! I'd be at goal!!!
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    First things first, after being away for a week. congratulations to @Bex953172 and @HGSmith0920. Bex, baby Casey is adorable. Eat spinach for iron. HG, congrats on your degree and job. It’s frustrating Not having a start date but don’t let that take away from the fact that you have the job you dreamt about!

Me, I’ve had a rough week. My dad was in the ICU for brain bleeds this week, which turned my schedule upside down. He’s better now, but I was quite worried. I did find out my new boss is supportive during family emergencies.

Good news is my son got into a college he’s happy about. Yes, my son is actually going to college this fall! Hurray!

I need to reset for March. Gained back a few pounds of what I lost in Jan. Need to log and exercise more. So to report, I stayed green today, drank lots of water, fasted until 1pm AND went to the gym. Whoo hoo!

JFT 3/6
    Log
    Exercise
    Fast til noon
    Clean up inbox

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY (Sunday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water :neutral:
    2. Log all the food I eat :smile:
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake :neutral:

JFT (Monday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay in the green with my food intake

This vacation has been GREAT, but it's kicked my butt as far as staying within my calories each day. :neutral: At least I've logged all my food...I guess that's better than nothing and has at least kept me aware of what I've been putting in my body. Back on track by the weekend!!!

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mcbeef29 wrote: »
    Monday...Happy Monday everyone!

Pack and bring lunch to work - check
    Log everything
    Drink lots of water
    Get to the gym
    Stay focused and motivated
    Get to sleep early
    Keep it moving..... :)

Have a great week y'all!

Great list! How are you doing in accomplishing your JFT's? Is this thread helping you to get the items on your list checked off?
  • toaljasa
    Options
    3) After work walk dog / put on reflective gear / winter storm on its way, expect 3 - 7" wet, heavy snow late tonight & into tomorrow so back to treadmill (sad me)...reminder that I live in WI

Welcome to all the newbies to JFT! This group helped me start a long logging streak and has been instrumental in getting me to my goals. Have a great Monday, all!

It's that time of year that I start wondering WHY I live in WI. :wink: I couldn't believe it when I saw a weather advisory for tonight. ugh.

Also, I wanted to tell you how inspiring it is to see your weekly/monthly posts showing your progress. It amazing to see how much those small steps each week in the right direction have added up to such wonderful life changes and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Many thanks! :blush: Hope you feel better soon! (((hugs))) I'm sure your boss realizes she'd rather you be there healthy than trying to push through the day sick.

You made me realize that I forgot to post my weekly weigh-in on Saturday...it wasn't pretty, because life happens, so I'll update next Sat. :p

Regarding those small steps each week...that's exactly what my journey has been for the past year. Making small, daily changes that I can live with. Hubby and I eat way less fast food and processed sugar than we used to, and I cook healthier most of the time. But we still eat chocolate and go out to eat, and I still drink the occasional adult beverage. For myself, no food is "bad", it's how much and how often I choose to eat. But it was a process of gradual change.

So was reincorporating activity into my life. When I joined JFT in January 2017, I no longer took walks on a regular basis, so I started with small goals. I started regular walks in Feb 2017 with 4 walks & 11 miles, then 14 walks & 28 miles in March 2017. By November 2017 I was up to 23 walks for 72 miles. As you know, I also take stairs breaks (3 floors) at work throughout the day, but I constantly have to remind myself to move hourly.

If anyone's still reading, I'm not trying to be preachy, but I truly believe in CICO (calories in < calories out), and MFP / JFT have made all the difference! Love to all my JFTers! <3

I concur with @OConnell5483 . You are inspiring us. And just like you, I am making small changes and am find seeing the scale move at small increments. Seeing you is proof in the pudding that it works. And I appreciate your "testimonies" on how you have made your journey...not preachy at all.

Keep on, keeping on. You have several of us hanging on to your coattails! (no pressure, whatsoever, lol)

Peace and joy.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    JFT, 3/5/18

1. Up by 9(probably earlier) :D7:37 actually. The cat was a jerk and I couldn't fall back to sleep
    2. Morning routine :)Did it all and read my Bible and meditated. I'm up a bit of weight but it's probably all water.
    Dinner last night was higher in salt than normal

3. Breakfast :DNope. Just two cups of coffee. Lol
    4. DH time/Read :)Spent time with the DH before he went to work but didnt do any reading
    5. Lunch :)Salad and leftover meat from last night
    6. Clean Bedroom/Living room/Bathroom :/Nope. Just couldnt get into it today. Had to redo my budget so that took some time
    7. Library :)Really didnt want to go...I mean really! But I did! I wrote for an hour and worked out a bunch of things for my story and wrote a bunch of technical things down on paper so that I can sort it out tomorrow
    8. Yoga studio :)See below!
    9. Dinner/Dishes :)Just some pasta and sauce. It's been forever since I've had it. That is my comfort food. When I was a teenager and was dealing with a sick mom and a workaholic dad, it was pretty much what I ate for dinner every night. The DH needs meat with his meals so I usually make it when he works late! Lol
    10. Pens game :)Watching it now. Tied at 2!!!!
    12. Night routine :)Gonna do it during the next intermission and shower after the game. Lol
    13. Bed by 12 :)Most likely

So you've heard my annoyance about the bank earlier, but I am going to use this time to spend some time on myself. Give my self some self-love and spend the weekend with the DH for his birthday weekend. My man is turning 35. Lol.

So I tried out the yoga studio! I LOVED it! It was great! I'm going to try and go twice more this week. The other sessions I want to go to have different instructors. I want to see who I like the best. I really like the one I had today because she didn't bring a lot of mystical aspects into it. I read her profile on the website that she believes in a "Higher Power" I'm pretty sure that means that she is a Christian. Lol. That might be why I liked her so much. She realized that I was a newbie and helped me a lot. I definitely held my own though. It was an easier practice, but it was nice. I got a good stretch and she incorporated every muscle group into the practice. I definitely think I will go to her session again. I just have to figure out what sessions I can go to when I start working again.

Onto my list!

JFT, 3/6/18

1. Up by 8
    2. Routine
    3. Bible/Meditate/Yoga video
    4. DH time
    5. Lunch
    6. Library
    7. Text M about next treatment
    8. Gym
    9. Read/Nap(optional)
    10. Dinner/Dishes
    11. Tidy house
    12. Repair and sort junk drawer
    13. Work on meal plans for the next week or two
    14. Nighttime Routine
    15. Bed by 12am

I hope everyone is having a great night! Enjoy! I'll see everyone in the morning!

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Got to swim a little bit tonight. Messed up the Dr appointment time. Only swam 700 yards before my chest started hurting. Hoping for better on Wednesday.
    Goal check in:
    Logged :)
    Stay green :( dh took us to old Chicago.
    Drink 80 :)
    Swam :)
    No crochet, bc of dinner :D
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    JFT, MONDAY
    1. finish up disability paperwork for my daughter and drop it off. I will be glad when this is finished - emotionally it is so hard, and then I tend to want to snack on comfort foods. :) Got it done ... now I don't have to think about it again until we hear from them.
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. log all food :) Way over the calories, because at last minute hubby wanted to go to Longhorn. I did only eat half of my meal, but still over. Thats what I get for not going to the gym!
    4. read response cards. :)
    5. be mindful of what I eat, and eat slowly :)
    6. go to the gym :/ I was just so exhausted today, and since I went yesterday, decided to skip. But then I am over on my calories. Thats why I like going in the morning. .... no matter what the day brings, I have it done, and have extra calories if I need them.
    7. encourage others :)
    8. get back on here - be accountable :)

At least minute we went to Longhorn to eat, but I think I did OK. Our daughter went with us. Then while hubby went into a computer store, my daughter and I went into Michaels craft store. She put like $40.00 worth of stuff in the cart (of course, expecting me to pay for it, which I usually do, but not even looking at the price). I hate getting on her, but her spending is so out of control again, with nothing saved. She is attempting to work, but the money is all just spent - with nothing towards living expenses. And her car now needs both brakes and tires because of all the driving she does. With the threat of her losing disability, I probably "lectured" her to at least look at prices of things, watch for things on sale, etc., but all I did was make her mad, and she went back to her apartment. I just want to eat or have another glass of wine, but I'm not going to. I am going to sink myself into sewing instead. But its hard not to feel so badly for her ,,, yet be so upset with her at the same time.

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food -
    2. be mindful of everything I put in my mouth
    3. concentrate on 8+ glasses of water
    4. go to the gym - no excuses tomorrow morning!
    5. work on chemo hats
    6. try and to cash the check from my daughter (this would be the 4th try, and she doesn't have the funds to cover the checks - so the check is now for half of what we asked for. We'll see if it goes through. :s
    7. be patient and positive
    8. help hubby with business stuff
    9. get back on here - be accountable
    10. encourage at least one person
  • mytime6630
    Options
    acrylicfox wrote: »
    Day 32: :smirk: I did an extra 30min of workout and I tried out a protein shake (which was not the (milk)"shake" it was advertised as :-1: - FAKE NEWS people, FAKE NEWS - who knew? nobody knew!)

Repeat after me: It is never too late to be what you might have been. -George Eliot

Oh - I hear you on the "protein" shakes. Sometimes they are so loaded with calories. I tend to make my own - that way I know exactly what I am eating! (and mine taste better!)
  • mytime6630
    Options
    AND the whole budget I made on my worksheet didn't save so I lost all the work! Now I am REALLY aggravated!

You are going to be fine --- once that new job starts! I know it is frustrating when you are anxious to start, but take this time off to enjoy your workouts, and all that you are getting accomplished!
  • mytime6630
    Options

This is the worst flu ever! It just does not want to go away.

I am sending hugs to everyone for your accomplishments and your struggles. I sure hope to be back to normal on here soon. <3

SO very sorry you are still sick!! I remember when I started a new job - I came down with an awful cold that lasted for 2weeks. I just hated calling in, but I knew I was so sick, I would just pass it to everyone. Then I got anxiety that they would be all upset. But .... Like @cschmitz110515 wrote - they will be happy that you are taking good care of yourself, and staying home. I hope you don't get that awful snow storm also - Hopefully you can just have some nice chicken noodle soup, and curl up with a good book or good movie. Take care <3
  • mytime6630
    edited March 2018
    Options

Regarding those small steps each week...that's exactly what my journey has been for the past year. Making small, daily changes that I can live with. Hubby and I eat way less fast food and processed sugar than we used to, and I cook healthier most of the time. But we still eat chocolate and go out to eat, and I still drink the occasional adult beverage. For myself, no food is "bad", it's how much and how often I choose to eat. But it was a process of gradual change.

So was reincorporating activity into my life. When I joined JFT in January 2017, I no longer took walks on a regular basis, so I started with small goals. I started regular walks in Feb 2017 with 4 walks & 11 miles, then 14 walks & 28 miles in March 2017. By November 2017 I was up to 23 walks for 72 miles. As you know, I also take stairs breaks (3 floors) at work throughout the day, but I constantly have to remind myself to move hourly.

If anyone's still reading, I'm not trying to be preachy, but I truly believe in CICO (calories in < calories out), and MFP / JFT have made all the difference! Love to all my JFTers! <3

You are an inspiration to everyone on this thread!!!! I love seeing how your numbers keep going down. I get upset with myself that I can get off track so easy... you seem to stay the course! So very proud of you! And you are so right .... it is all small steps, not expecting things to change overnite. We will all get there on our own time... this I am positive of. Some of us (like me) may take a little longer, but we are all trying, and learning from each other. Thank you so much for joining this thread .... and being that positive inspiration you are to all of us. So very proud of you!!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    JFT, MONDAY
    1. finish up disability paperwork for my daughter and drop it off. I will be glad when this is finished - emotionally it is so hard, and then I tend to want to snack on comfort foods. :) Got it done ... now I don't have to think about it again until we hear from them.
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. log all food :) Way over the calories, because at last minute hubby wanted to go to Longhorn. I did only eat half of my meal, but still over. Thats what I get for not going to the gym!
    4. read response cards. :)
    5. be mindful of what I eat, and eat slowly :)
    6. go to the gym :/ I was just so exhausted today, and since I went yesterday, decided to skip. But then I am over on my calories. Thats why I like going in the morning. .... no matter what the day brings, I have it done, and have extra calories if I need them.
    7. encourage others :)
    8. get back on here - be accountable :)

At least minute we went to Longhorn to eat, but I think I did OK. Our daughter went with us. Then while hubby went into a computer store, my daughter and I went into Michaels craft store. She put like $40.00 worth of stuff in the cart (of course, expecting me to pay for it, which I usually do, but not even looking at the price). I hate getting on her, but her spending is so out of control again, with nothing saved. She is attempting to work, but the money is all just spent - with nothing towards living expenses. And her car now needs both brakes and tires because of all the driving she does. With the threat of her losing disability, I probably "lectured" her to at least look at prices of things, watch for things on sale, etc., but all I did was make her mad, and she went back to her apartment. I just want to eat or have another glass of wine, but I'm not going to. I am going to sink myself into sewing instead. But its hard not to feel so badly for her ,,, yet be so upset with her at the same time.

JFT, Tues
    1. log all food -
    2. be mindful of everything I put in my mouth
    3. concentrate on 8+ glasses of water
    4. go to the gym - no excuses tomorrow morning!
    5. work on chemo hats
    6. try and to cash the check from my daughter (this would be the 4th try, and she doesn't have the funds to cover the checks - so the check is now for half of what we asked for. We'll see if it goes through. :s
    7. be patient and positive
    8. help hubby with business stuff
    9. get back on here - be accountable
    10. encourage at least one person

I see all those smiley faces! Good for you and inspiring for us. Excellent job choosing not to eat or drink for emotional purposes! It certainly doesn't help feel better, while I bet sewing for someone is a balm to your soul :) Enjoy your exercise time. I hope it acts as a balm as well as you use up that energy of frustration you've held in.

May you be filled with peace and joy as you complete your jft's and let go of what you can't control.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

May you be filled with peace and joy as you complete your jft's and let go of what you can't control.

Thank you so much for posting this!! THis is what I need to remind myself all the time. Just really sad that things are the way they are. Thank you so much for your nice post, and that sentence ..... I have to remember that.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 you can tick number 10) off your list. It seems to me you encourage lots of us on here, and I am definitely one of them. Keep positive x
  • toaljasa
    edited March 2018
    Options
    As much as I was thrilled to see our friends and share lots of laughs and some tears for nine days, I must admit I was ready to continue on my health journey after they went through the airport doors. I know I gained back some of my weight but I have several victories. I had water when they had alcohol, except for the last evening, and one evening when I had one small glass of wine. I sipped on water when she had two mugs of hot cocoa topped with huge swirls of whipped cream while at the ski lodge.
    Instead of soup and then a sandwich with french fries I just had the soup.
    At supper, I left half my meal on my plate when I became pleasantly full.

None of these even felt like sacrifices. And I had just as good of a time as those who imbibed. I also exercised everyday I could prior to leaving for our ski/snowbunny trip, and logged my food every day. This morning, I prepared b'fast and lunch for the hubs and immediately hopped on the exercise bike. In the past it would have taken a week to get psyched up again.

I just have to say it is greatly due to this wonderful group who encourages, supports, pushes and prods as needed. I'll be back on tomorrow to resume my JFT's ====btw, I drank 8 glasses of water, exercised, and logged all food today :)

Peace and joy!
  • biche896
    biche896 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    biche896 wrote: »
    I didnt check in during the weekend but I was really good in terms of eating within my calories. As a result I didnt gain the usual post weekend bloat from all the eating out!

Just for today:

Lift
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Take vitamin D
    Drink 2 litres of water
    C25K
    10k steps
    Eat within my macros/calories

I met all my goals for yesterday =)

I didnt get a chance to check in this morning, so even though its more than half way through the day i'll still put my goals for today:

Lift
    Apple Cider Vinegar - done
    Take vitamin D
    Drink 2 litres of water
    10k steps
    Eat within my macros/calories
    C25k