JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I cut out my craving foods (sugar, flour, grains) and finally my cravings disappeared. Going on three weeks now, and I don't crave a pint of ice cream or chunks of sourdough bread. Not even alcohol. Lost a few pounds. I log my food the day before, and usually stick to it. Protein and fruit for bkfast; protein and veggies for lunch; protein and veggies for dinner. If I want a nighttime snack it's Face 2% plain yogurt, or Skye Iceland plain yogurt. Very creamy! One day at a time is my motto. I'm so sick of craving and binging! I don't even want pasta!
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Report 3/6
    Log :)
    Exercise :'(
    Fast til noon :)
    Clean up inbox :) worked on it for an hour in the evening.

JFT 3/7
    Will be a snow day for the family except me
    Log
    Fast til noon
    Stretch since I’ll be working from home
    Make chili
    Clean up inbox
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mtruitt01 wrote: »
    I cut out my craving foods (sugar, flour, grains) and finally my cravings disappeared. Going on three weeks now, and I don't crave a pint of ice cream or chunks of sourdough bread. Not even alcohol. Lost a few pounds. I log my food the day before, and usually stick to it. Protein and fruit for bkfast; protein and veggies for lunch; protein and veggies for dinner. If I want a nighttime snack it's Face 2% plain yogurt, or Skye Iceland plain yogurt. Very creamy! One day at a time is my motto. I'm so sick of craving and binging! I don't even want pasta!

Nice one! Persevering is the hardest part when you have to cut a craving but 3 weeks in and you’re doing great!
    Just goes to show it can be done!

And I love the Fage and Skyr yoghurts! They’re SO filling!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Well I can't locate my last goals post so I'll just start fresh again.
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Staff meeting
    4. Satellite group at N's
    5. Soup for dinner?
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 I'm doing OK. Most of the latest has passed. Now I'm just dealing with post viral asthma aggravation. Trying to not overdo and using my various inhalers etc because I do not want pneumonia. I really hope you can kick yours in the butt soon. <3 Take care of yourself.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Well I can't locate my last goals post so I'll just start fresh again.
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Meditation
    3. Staff meeting
    4. Satellite group at N's
    5. Soup for dinner?
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

Glad to see you on here --- I was worried about you! I hope you are feeling better! So many people sick.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Stick to food plan :)
    - 30 mins lunch break :)
    - Leave work by 6pm to prepare for French class :)

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Do not eat ANY pizza!
    - Read response cards twice, including 'emergencies' cards once
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @bcTRAI and @missheidi How are you two? Are either of you feeling any better? I sure hope you are on the upswing and starting to feel better!

I just found out that I will be off until at least Friday or Monday, and hopefully will be feeling better and able to go back then. I can honestly say, if I can't go back by then, I'm going to be really, really crabby! I'm off without pay and I hate sitting around and I want my old routine back! ugh.

Anyway, I realized after reading all your inspiring and insightful posts today that I cannot let my goals slide like I have been just because i don't feel good. I haven't even been writing in my gratitude journal or reading my chapters in my books, which I normally do every night. It ends my day on a positive note. So, here I go! I a going to be realistic about it, however, because let's face it...if I felt good enough to be exercising, I'd be at work!

Just for Tuesday, 3/5:
    1. Journal everything I eat today
    2. 64 oz of water at least
    3. Get up and move (it's already 2:30 but for the rest of the day I will be more mindful of how much I am sitting on the couch)
    4. Do laundry
    5. Eat my grapefruit and an orange today.
    6. Body, Mind & Spirit....Focus on each of the three, separately.
    7. Read Simple Abundance chapter, Read Beck's Diet Solution and write in gratitude journal tonight
    8. Listen to Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcast. Try one new podcast.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I appreciate all of you so much. What a great group this is. I now log into this group more than I do Facebook, which I would have never thought I would do.

@Bex953172 Thinking about you and little Casey! :heart:
    @bcTRAI and @missheidi How are you two? Are either of you feeling any better? I sure hope you are on the upswing and starting to feel better!

I just found out that I will be off until at least Friday or Monday, and hopefully will be feeling better and able to go back then. I can honestly say, if I can't go back by then, I'm going to be really, really crabby! I'm off without pay and I hate sitting around and I want my old routine back! ugh.

Anyway, I realized after reading all your inspiring and insightful posts today that I cannot let my goals slide like I have been just because i don't feel good. I haven't even been writing in my gratitude journal or reading my chapters in my books, which I normally do every night. It ends my day on a positive note. So, here I go! I a going to be realistic about it, however, because let's face it...if I felt good enough to be exercising, I'd be at work!

Just for Tuesday, 3/5:
    1. Journal everything I eat today
    2. 64 oz of water at least
    3. Get up and move (it's already 2:30 but for the rest of the day I will be more mindful of how much I am sitting on the couch)
    4. Do laundry
    5. Eat my grapefruit and an orange today.
    6. Body, Mind & Spirit....Focus on each of the three, separately.
    7. Read Simple Abundance chapter, Read Beck's Diet Solution and write in gratitude journal tonight
    8. Listen to Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcast. Try one new podcast.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I appreciate all of you so much. What a great group this is. I now log into this group more than I do Facebook, which I would have never thought I would do.

@Bex953172 Thinking about you and little Casey! :heart:

yes ma'am, on the mend. Thank you!
  • missheidi
    Options
    JFT 3/7
    log everything
    stay green (no idea what's for dinner at church tonight...)
    drink 80
    swim 1200--I only got 700 monday, so i'm hoping for much better today
    crochet at church. nearly done with the corgi.
  • missheidi
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    JFT 3/6
    log :)
    drink 80-30 down :/ got 70
    stay green :)
    yoga class :)
    book club tonight with ds. it's the first try at a family book club for his school, and they are reading A wrinkle in time which is just about my favorite book ever.
    :)

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap T 3/6 - Woke up early to sound of neighbor's snowblower :#
    1) Shoveled walkway & patio before work while hubby snowblowed (blew?) driveway / repeat after work as needed (maybe done by hubby before his shift if snow stops sooner?) = Hubby shoveled before his work <3 / snow flurries continued but lightly so no shoveling in evening for me :D
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 10,531 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 34 floors :smiley:
    3) Lunch at desk (don't want to drive home with roads so-so) / heat something from freezer for dinner? / net calories green / monitor usual = Made new recipe with products from GreenHearts LLC purchased at winter market ~ no idea how to log on MFP! Net calories & sugar red, sodium / fiber / protein good and 15c water :neutral:
    4) Evening: laundry :smiley: & at least 1 to-do :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 (treadmill W a.m.) = more like 11:30 ~ ack!!! I need my sleep! :s

JFT W 3/7
    1) Treadmill before work / 3 mi 49:19 / stretched :smiley: Even washed hubby's work clothes while walking (he keeps "forgetting") :D
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Leftovers for lunch / choose wisely at soup supper (limit breads & desserts) / net calories w/i 100 green
    4) Evening: haircut / soup supper / Lenten service / 1 to-do
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV 10:15 (treadmill Th a.m.)
  • mcbeef29
    mcbeef29 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    (((((all)))))
    It's so great to check in here and see everyone working away on their goals as well as holding each other up.
    @joan6630 welcome home

I felt the same way when I saw her post!
    @joan6630...did you even know how important you are to us? :smile:
    3) After work walk dog / put on reflective gear / winter storm on its way, expect 3 - 7" wet, heavy snow late tonight & into tomorrow so back to treadmill (sad me)...reminder that I live in WI

Welcome to all the newbies to JFT! This group helped me start a long logging streak and has been instrumental in getting me to my goals. Have a great Monday, all!

It's that time of year that I start wondering WHY I live in WI. :wink: I couldn't believe it when I saw a weather advisory for tonight. ugh.

Also, I wanted to tell you how inspiring it is to see your weekly/monthly posts showing your progress. It amazing to see how much those small steps each week in the right direction have added up to such wonderful life changes and I think you for sharing it with us.
    mcbeef29 wrote: »
    Monday...Happy Monday everyone!

Pack and bring lunch to work - check
    Log everything
    Drink lots of water
    Get to the gym
    Stay focused and motivated
    Get to sleep early
    Keep it moving..... :)

Have a great week y'all!

Happy Monday to you too!

Thank you for calling me out. :) I agree, it really is helpful and inspiring to see so many other people in here writing down the daily goals. For me, the act of actually writing it out really helps. Plus, showing up here, it makes me feel accountable (which I definitely need, lol). Keep on rockin y'all!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    I'M OUT OF THE 190S!!!!! 189.4 TODAY!!!

Great job!!!Now that's a post I hope to make soon also - but as of this morning, 3 pounds to go.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    tv2dzx11w9z4.jpeg
    cwbxxyuhrlru.jpeg

She’s so grumpy looking :lol:
    Also bit jaundiced hence the yellowy tone lol!

I promise I won’t bombard the thread with baby photos

She is so precious and cute! I love seeing pics.