April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• greyparks206
    greyparks206 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Huge hugs to you, @eponine1984. I can’t even imagine how stressful this all is for you.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Thanks @garygse and @7lenny7 I will try to let everyone know how I did when I get to it. Early morning tomorrow. Have to drive 90 minutes from my place and get there before 7 am to get a parking spot and my bib. Race starts at 8 am.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Oh @eponine1984 that all sucks, not what you need on top of the traumatic experience you’ve already suffered. Big hugs.

And your sister is a very wise woman and an excellent doctor. Follow the doctors orders to the letter.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    My conundrum on when I was going to get 11 miles in this weekend has been solved. My son's soccer game tomorrow was cancelled due to weather. While this is good for my schedule and training, it's a bummer of epic proportions for him. He just joined this team this year--a competitive-level team--and this was to be his first game. There's been one game played that he had to miss, one additional game cancellation due to weather, and a bye week since the season started so we were hoping finally tomorrow would be the day. Sigh. Oh well. Now to plot which trail I want tomorrow and what time. It's supposed to warm up in the afternoon, but part of me wants to bang it out early so I can be on top of the rest of my weekend.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Rest day today, much appreciated. Tomorrow, I'll be doing my last last longer run before my half marathon in two weeks. Looking forward to a bit of cutting back on both running and circuit training these 2 weeks, which is partially due to travel next week as well, but I want to be more fresh going into the race. Unlike some of you I feel like I'm an excellent taper-er! :):p Always kind of happy to have a bit of a break, although it means a bit less eating too.

Good luck to everyone on their races this weekend. Wishing you no rain/snow and not too cold (but not TOO warm) temps. Can't wait to hear everyone's race reports when you are done, from 5k to ultra - we like to hear and cheer (or commiserate if the situation demands).

@eponine1984 still thinking of you. I probably don't have to advise it if your sister is a doctor, but don't be afraid to get a second/third opinion - sounds like a pretty rare and individualized thing. Best to you in whatever ongoing treatment you will need.

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    I haven't been over here to post since Tuesday and I am already almost 10 pages behind... its only been 2.5 days people! Wow!!

@eponine1984 - while I haven't read all the posts yet I had to go back and see what was up with you and I wish it was better news! I think your sister is very wise to get you out running! I am sure she realizes how much it will help with your stress right now. I am thinking positive thoughts for you that all the tests will come out clean and you won't need chemo! Hang in there!

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! I hope you have an awesome time and aren't hit by epic terrible weather!

I have run pretty much every day this week and have a long run planned for tomorrow. I am looking at HM training plans and trying to decide what my goal is for the race in July. I will be running with my daughter again but she has lost a ton of weight and has been doing spin classes 5-6 times a week this winter. She ran for the 1st time yesterday and texted me how much she hated it - :lol: I have a feeling she may be faster than me now so my goal may end up being to be able to run fast enough to keep up with her!

Date........Miles.......Total
    04/01......0.00.......0.00
    04/02......5.81.......5.81 - + Agility
    04/03......4.73.....10.54 - + Strength Training
    04/04......2.26.....12.80
    04/05......5.55.....18.35 - + Strength Training
    04/06......4.59.....22.94

exercise.png

My completed and upcoming races. Let me know if you will be running them too.
    02/04/18 - Surf City Half Marathon
    07/22/18 - San Francisco 2nd Half Marathon
    12/15/18 - San Diego Holiday Half Marathon
    02/03/19 - Surf City Half Marathon
    05/11/19 - Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon
  • abutcher2122
    abutcher2122 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    4/1: 2.5 miles
    4/2: 3.1 miles
    4/3: ST, walk 1 mile
    4/6: ST, 3 miles

Total Running for April: 8.6/60

Upcoming Races:
    Wineglass Marathon 9/30

Strength training and then 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym.

Good luck to everyone with races tomorrow!
  • DeliaHarrop
    DeliaHarrop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m going to go with 50 milies I think as I don’t do much I do a lot of weights in the gym! But I won’t be including my Fitbit miles only my tracked runs!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Aaapril....run she will

4/1 11 hrs work/dinner with friends
    4/2 4.29
    4/3 moped
    4/4 4.07
    4/5 3.12
    4/6 3.03

Total 14.51

@eponine1984 sending good thoughts and hugs...

Ticker is my goal for 2018 and progress to date:

exercise.png

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'm numb. I'm not ready to say I have the C-word yet, but I'm dropping all kinds of f-bombs here.

Blood work today, CT scans Monday, ultrasounds Tuesday, surgery Wednesday. Our goal is to avoid chemo. Avoid surgery, there's still a 50% chance I'll need it, but the kind I need is generally tolerated well and I shouldn't lose my hair. Since I keep hitting the unlucky lottery, I'm mentally preparing to need the other option.

I'm under doctors orders to run everyday until my surgery. (My sister is a doctor and told me to run. While she's not MY doctor, she is A doctor so it counts). Dragged my husband to the gym with me so I could run on the treadmill while he hit the weights to work out some frustration. 1.5 miles run for me today.

April goals:
    Get cleared to run again - done
    Run 20 miles - 2.5/20 (subject to revision)

@eponine1984 I can't find the words, but I have so many feelings. Hugs. I like your sister.
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, so I am very far behind on reading comments and announcing my goal. Due to a lot of competing priorities this month I am setting my goal to 50 miles. I am very happy with my start to the month and hope to push well past my goal. We will see...

exercise.png
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @eponine1984 That's awful what you're going through. I'm floored by how something so wonderful (finding out you were pregnant) could turn into something so terrible so quickly. I'm a praying person, so know that I've got you on my list <3
    And defińitely take your sister's advice!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I am so sorry to hear that :(
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Sorry lost track of who else is racing today... whoever you are, GOOD LUCK, KNOCK THEM DEAD! :smiley:
  • TattooedDolphinGirl78
    TattooedDolphinGirl78 Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 *hugs*
  • Sparx_81
    Sparx_81 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Took me a while to find the thread!!! :blush: I went AWOL at the end of march but let's try this again! My target for April is 50km. Aiming to run 3-4 km 4-5 times a week. I am very stretched for time so can't do longer runs at the moment but a short run is better than none right?! :smile:

4/1 - 4km - 4/50
    4/2 - rest day - 4/50
    4/3 - 5.4km - 9.4/50 - awful run... legs are still feeling the effects of spinning and running on the weekend.... :#
    4/7 - 4km (dreadmill!) - 13.4/50