How many fruits/vegetables have you had today?

Options

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Today I have had- green peas, carrots, cukes, cherry tomatoes, raisins with a few nuts-later I might eat an orange not sure yet
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, pineapple.
    Spinach, lettuce
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    1/2 banana, raspberries, green & yellow beans, broccoli, broccoli veggie tots, baby cuke & 2 small tomatoes.
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Zero, zilch, Nada, Zippo, nothing haha
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Delicious omelet with spinach, asparagus, and leek for breakfast, with an apple on the side.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It's early, so nothing yet, but I'm planning to have around 2 cups of celery, 1 apple, and for dinner I'll have a big plate of vegetable curry (potatoes, peas, cabbage, spinach, carrots and onion).
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So far today:
    101 grams blueberries
    165 grams spinach
    69 grams tomatoes
    119 grams strawberries
    170 grams cauliflower
    I also ate a package of the Bird's Eye veggie pasta (today's was Fettucini with garlic and herb sauce)

Will be eaten later:
    30 grams raisins
    255 grams cauliflower
    230 grams red potatoes
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    It's 9am and I won't eat til I get home from work at 1pm...
    But yesterday I had
    200g zucchini
    200g mushrooms
    200g broccoli/Cauliflower
    100g beans
    100g mixed lettuce
    100g pumpkin
    100g capsicum
    100g tomato
    100g cucumber
    50g alfalfa sprouts
    50g pickled onions
    100g mixed berries

Its usually more...

I think I would be on the toilet all day if I were you XD

Lol. I find that it mostly leads to one enormous dump. One wipe dismount FTY.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    cherry tomatos
    cucumbers
    avocado
    apple
    cantaloupe
    spinach
    onions
    garlic
    broccoli
    cabbage
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    beet, carrot, celery, pear, apple, raisins, so far
    In my arroz con pollo, there were onions, raisins, green pepper, red pimientos (small amounts)
    later tonight I may have an orange, but probably will eat some sweet peppers for a snack, and maybe a green juice of cucumber, spinach, celery and green apple. Cooking with gas today!!!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    beet and jicama slaw, air fryed apple chips, kale, cabbage, onions, i will have a banana later in my yogurt
  • Steelpit202
    Steelpit202 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today was a little more typical, fruit intake was a little low though:

120g apple
    a medium banana
    224g brussels sprouts
    133g cucumber
    200g sweet potato
    223g of a broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot blend
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Spinach
    Mushrooms
    Zucchini
    Broccoli
    Cauliflower
    Green beans
    Onion
    Tomatoes
    Lettuce
    Cucumbers
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    omg, I'm so ashamed... :s
  • DragonHasTheSapphire
    DragonHasTheSapphire Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Today I had 2 mandarins, some black beans (I don't think their veggies.. but you know), 85g of salad, large corn on cob, 8 oz of mushrooms, and I believe a banana. I need to check my diary.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,085 Member
    Options
    Today I had 2 mandarins, some black beans (I don't think their veggies.. but you know), 85g of salad, large corn on cob, 8 oz of mushrooms, and I believe a banana. I need to check my diary.

Black beans are totally veggies. The UK says you can only count 80g of legumes (one serving), no matter how many you eat, but I personally think they're cray. ;)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    My fruits and veg today were:

2 oranges
    1 baked potato
    salad of 3 cups of lettuce, half a cup of grape tomatoes, half a cucumber, and 4 ounces of mushrooms
    1/2 lb of frozen stir fry vegetables
    1 apple
  • lemurcat12
    edited April 2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Black beans are totally veggies. The UK says you can only count 80g of legumes (one serving), no matter how many you eat, but I personally think they're cray. ;)

Yup.

On the other hand, corn isn't a veg, as normally referred to, it's a grain. But not saying it doesn't count if someone wants to count it. I think of it as interchangeable with potato or sweet potato or pasta or rice and not broccoli, but of course potatoes and sweet potatoes are technically vegetables too, just starchy ones, and what else are grains, really. (Mushrooms aren't a veg in reality, but I tend to count them anyway.)

For the 5+ veg for people not used to eating veg, I probably would limit beans to one serving just because I think it's important to get in the habit of eating a variety of non starchy veg. That said, I don't think a lot of people eat tons of beans and not vegetables otherwise, at least not from what I observe, so eh. I think strict counting is not that big a deal anyway, better just to eat a wide variety and a good amount most days, but some may find counting helps them (and I enjoy counting for discussion or challenge purposes, whatever rules are agreed to!).
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    So today (including fruit):

omelet with leeks, spinach, and asparagus, avocado and radish on the side
    pasta with tomatoes, zucchini, cauliflower, plus an apple
    big salad with both raw and cooked veg (mixed greens, radish, red and green pepper, red onion, more zucchini, mushrooms) and some steak (and half an orange) on top
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Wasn’t that just because they thought that everyone was getting their beans as canned, sugary baked beans, so they didn’t want to say it counted as more? It was the same reason as not counting potatoes, so people wouldn’t be counting fries as vegetables.