April 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    karllundy wrote: »
    Ugh! I feel so horribly unsupportive of you all! I am way behind, with little hope of catching up.

:worried:

It happens. I feel like that sometimes too. A lot more lately.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,701 Member
    sarahthes wrote: »
    @karllundy Ouch! Moleskin should help until you heal but you should dig into the root cause. I have been dealing with blisters on the tips of my second toes for months now off and on. Some things I have tried:
    - going up a half size (didn't help)
    - tighter lacing (jury still out)
    - different socks (seems to be helping more than anything else)

Thanks for the tips! Socks were actually my first thought. These, while not brand new, are relatively new and a brand I haven't used. Possibly my first long run in them.

Socks were my first thought also as the cause. I had some Smart Wools before that overheated my feet and caused blisters. I would definitely drain them.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    @7lenny7 & @MNLittleFinn Good luck with your races.

I apologize, who else is racing this weekend? Wishing everyone the best.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @karllundy Ouch! Moleskin should help until you heal but you should dig into the root cause. I have been dealing with blisters on the tips of my second toes for months now off and on. Some things I have tried:

Thanks for the tips! Socks were actually my first thought. These, while not brand new, are relatively new and a brand I haven't used. Possibly my first long run in them.

Socks were my first thought also as the cause. I had some Smart Wools before that overheated my feet and caused blisters. I would definitely drain them.

If you drain then use a sterile needle - can google how to do that if you don't know. And then add polysporin. Popped blisters can get infected really easily.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    @rheddmobile That sounds so painful! I am so sorry your going through this!

• AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited April 2018
    4/1 = rest day...sort of (moving day)
    4/2 = 9.5 miles
    4/3 = Vinyasa yoga class and 3.5 miles
    4/4 = 3 dreadmill Miles and 20 minutes strength training
    4/5 = travel for work
    4/6 = travel for work
    4/7 = 13 miles (Outlaw 1/2 Race)
    4/8 = rest day
    4/9 = 7 miles and strength training
    4/10 = yoga class
    4/11 = 10 miles
    4/12 = 3.5 miles
    4/13 = 14 miles

April mileage goal = 125 miles / April miles complete = 63.5 miles
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,701 Member
    I am so excited for everyone racing this weekend! Everything from Zumbro to Boston to HM to 5Ks! You all are amazing! Good luck and have fun!
  • apricotqueen1
    apricotqueen1 Posts: 38 Member
    7.19 km this evening. And looking forward to my new running shoes coming in the next couple of days! I have put off buying new ones and I'm starting to feel it...
    Now at 64.2 km for the month with just 35.8 remaining! I have some huge deadlines coming up next week, so I'm happy to report I am ahead of schedule. :)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Ugh! I feel so horribly unsupportive of you all! I am way behind, with little hope of catching up.

:worried:

It happens. I feel like that sometimes too. A lot more lately.

Yeah, I get way behind too. You either stalk this thread all day long, or you miss posts. It is all good. We all miss posts, so no one gets offended if you miss something. :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member

If you drain then use a sterile needle - can google how to do that if you don't know. And then add polysporin. Popped blisters can get infected really easily.

Yep. I was a Boy Scout :smiley:
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member

You probably know better than me in that case! I've still got a small stash of sterile lancets from when I was pregnant... that's what I use when I need a sterile needle.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited April 2018
    With all this HR zone talk I decided to have 80/20 jump the line of my 2018 reading list (52 books in 52 weeks) and hopefully put into practice for my marathon in November.

Also have Running is My Therapy: Relieve Stress and Anxiety, Fight Depression, Ditch Bad Habits, and Live Longer pre-ordered and arriving next week. Plan to read it while on vacation in Northern AZ/Utah.

And hopefully I can order Let Your Mind Run: A Memoir if Thinking My Way to Victory soon. I've got Amazon gift cards so should be able too. (I'm not allowing myself to buy more books since I won about 300 unread ones currently. But a gift card book is acceptable. And hence my stay on task and read 52 books this year.)
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,064 Member
    12 Apr 3.81 miles
    13 Apr 3.86 miles

exercise.png

• PastorVincent

So was I, so I use my pocket knife :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    With all this HR zone talk I decided to have 80/20 jump the line of my 2018 reading list (52 books in 52 weeks) and hopefully put into practice for my marathon in November.

Also have Running is My Therapy: Relieve Stress and Anxiety, Fight Depression, Ditch Bad Habits, and Live Longer pre-ordered and arriving next week. Plan to read it while on vacation in Northern AZ/Utah.

And hopefully I can order Let Your Mind Run: A Memoir if Thinking My Way to Victory soon. I've got Amazon gift cards so should be able too. (I'm not allowing myself to buy more books since I won about 300 unread ones currently. But a gift card book is acceptable. And hence my stay on task and read 52 books this year.)

80/20 book is a great one if you want to understand HOW to train and HOW to make training plans.