Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Confession:

It's been a trying few days (weeks/months) of crappy sleep and a baby who doesn't want anyone but me and my boobs. I'm feeling pretty frazzled, pretty constantly. I ran out of terrible stress food, so I've eaten the chocolate chips out if the baking cupboard. Like a sneaky sneak too, didn't give Andrew any! They're dark chocolate, so this doesn't really count right?

Baking supplies, for when spoonfuls of hot chocolate powder don't cut it anymore!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession:

It's been a trying few days (weeks/months) of crappy sleep and a baby who doesn't want anyone but me and my boobs. I'm feeling pretty frazzled, pretty constantly. I ran out of terrible stress food, so I've eaten the chocolate chips out if the baking cupboard. Like a sneaky sneak too, didn't give Andrew any! They're dark chocolate, so this doesn't really count right?

Baking supplies, for when spoonfuls of hot chocolate powder don't cut it anymore!

For what it is worth, we had yogurt parfaits at a breakfast meeting Friday. Dark chocolate chips were a choice for your parfaits. :)

Sleepy wishes for Ellie's contentment coming your way.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's race day eve.

Confession: My diet is super not on point at the moment. Not worrying about it until after the race. Well, I'm worrying about it before the race and all the time really. I'm going to DO something about it after the race. Well, after the post-race MEAL I will do something about it.

Good luck tomorrow!!!

Ditto

Thank you! Finished around 11am. Took me 3.5 hours and ran 15.1 miles with just under 2k elevation gain.

Way to go!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession:

I’ve done that! Chocolate -in any form-is sometimes the only answer.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Confession:

I’ve done that! Chocolate -in any form-is sometimes the only answer.

I've definitely done that..which is exactly why I can't keep baking ingredients in the house. :#
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @spamarie pass the chocolate chips. My dad fell sometime in the night last night... We can't stay with him 24/7 and this is getting dangerous.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @spamarie pass the chocolate chips. My dad fell sometime in the night last night... We can't stay with him 24/7 and this is getting dangerous.

Man, I’m sorry, Mel. I hope a solution presents itself.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

The solution is a nursing home/assisted living or a full time home aide. The VA will pay for the nursing home. He would have to pay for the home aide.
  • spamarie
    Options

The solution is a nursing home/assisted living or a full time home aide. The VA will pay for the nursing home. He would have to pay for the home aide.

Is a home aide not cheaper than going to a home?? Seems like madness. We had to put both my grandfathers in a home eventually, and it truly was the best decision (they both had dementia and it was putting a big stress on my grandmothers). Every situation is different of course. I hope you find a solution that helps.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Is a home aide not cheaper than going to a home?? Seems like madness. We had to put both my grandfathers in a home eventually, and it truly was the best decision (they both had dementia and it was putting a big stress on my grandmothers). Every situation is different of course. I hope you find a solution that helps.

It is madness, Spam, but it's also the US government. Madness is what they do.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

It is madness, Spam, but it's also the US government. Madness is what they do.

Aging parents are so tough. I don't think I was adequately prepared for that reality. I was fortunate in some sense that my parents' illnesses were somewhat swift so the maintenance of care giving was rather short-lived. I can only imagine the work and uncertainty and financial burden of caring for an aging adult who might be otherwise healthy enough to live for many years.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options

Awwww I'm sorry to hear about your dad Mel. I get so worried about elderly people falling over. They become so fragile. We had to help an old boy off the train yesterday and he was on his own and a little unsteady on his feet, he had a walking stick but I still didn't like him being on his own in London.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Thanks, Flyover and Lois. My dad is not in good enough health to last for years longer. Besides the blood clots, he has diabetes, COPD and heart disease, plus arthritis that causes the balance issues. There is no way we would let him leave his house alone anymore. I would have up until this time last year with the mini strokes started, but not now.
  • spamarie
    Options
    I've never even heard of frozen custard. That sounds dangerously amazing!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

You're the second person outside the US to say this. It must be an American thing?!? It's extra creamy and delicious. I believe they use eggs along with the cream.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

I know! I love hot custard, so cold custard on a hot day would be fantastic.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I haven't had frozen custard in years. Not since I left Wisconsin, I don't think. It was amazing.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I haven't had frozen custard in years. Not since I left Wisconsin, I don't think. It was amazing.

Mmmmmm. Do you recon it is made the same way as ice cream? If I buy a pot of custard and freeze/churn/freeze until its set?