30 Day Shred - 08/08/11

Options

Replies

• statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    L1 Day 4 done! I can see a huge difference in my stamina. Increased pushups, better lunges ... I'm so glad I started.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    L1D4 complete - love it when she says 'this is you for strength' I know I'm nearly done and seem to bounce through the last 2 mins cardio part!
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Completed Lvl1D3 today. Jumping jacks getting better and able to squat a little lower
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Did D3 L1 today. My knee didn't hurt today and I figured out what move I was doing wrong. Today, I noticed that Natalie was cheating when she thought the camera wasn't on her. That made me soooo mad...lol. Plus she just seems sloppy and floppy when she does some of the moves...is it just me?

I've noticed this as well. I think Anita should be doing the harder moves. It seems she and Jillian are discussing that at the very beginning. I've heard that there's less "cheating" from our role models in Ripped in 30. I hope to try that after completing 30DS
  • larose12
    Options
    Yup, husband and I are starting tonight. We're a little intimidated but looking forward to it!
  • sclupien
    Options
    All,

30-Day Shred is a great basic program. The key is to do it consistently. I used it back starting in January, and have lost 100 lbs to date (255 to 156). I stayed on each level for a few weeks, but also mixed in using an elliptical machine 2 days a week. after a few months, it looses its impact. I have since moved on the P90X because it's more challenging.

I will forever be grateful to 30-Day Shred for getting me going.

Steve
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Did L1 D4 today like a few of the other ladies that have commented, and like them i am feeling the difference, i find it a lot easier to do and the 20 minutes are flying by now but still building up a sweat! :D

Keep it up all of you lovely ladies!!
    xxx
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    I did L1 D4 and BFBM today! 500+ calories!
  • joimichele
    joimichele Posts: 382
    Options
    I've noticed this as well. I think Anita should be doing the harder moves. It seems she and Jillian are discussing that at the very beginning. I've heard that there's less "cheating" from our role models in Ripped in 30. I hope to try that after completing 30DS
    [/quote]

I heard that one is all about balance. I have the dvd but I am scared to try it.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I did L1 D4 and BFBM today! 500+ calories!

Awesome!! yesterday was Day 3 on Level 2, today i'm c25k-ing. but i burned 500 yesterday too. great job!
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I am on the verge of ordering some of these JM videos. I run about 3-4 miles or do some cardio for 30-45 min per day. How much torture am I in for? I want a hard work out with lot of cardio, but do-able without being a dancer! Please message me or friend me if you would like to give advice. I am about to hit "place my order" on the website to order the 30 ds, and the ripped one.
  • mpf1
    mpf1 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    more questions-- do you need weights, if so how heavy, and do you need a yoga mat or anything else? thanks so much!!!! sounds like so many of you are doing an amazing job with exercise!!!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    more questions-- do you need weights, if so how heavy, and do you need a yoga mat or anything else? thanks so much!!!! sounds like so many of you are doing an amazing job with exercise!!!

It's worth it. you can make it harder if it's too easy (laugh) by using heavier weights. I use 5lb weights but some use 3lbs. You only need a mat if you have a hard floor i have carpet so I don't use one. but if you are going to do it barefoot i suggest getting one. Nothing else though i do suggest a sweat band.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    MPF1- It is quite intense to begin with but it is easier the more you do it, i was better by day 3 :) You do need weights but just get what your comfortable with using weight wise and like fakeplastictree99 said it may be a good idea to get a mat if you have a hard floor

xxxxx
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    Morning session of L1D5 for me - going to hairdresser in afternoon and dont want to mess up my hair before girls night out tonight!
    Stick with it - cant believe I have done some form of exercise for 5 days in a row!
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi can I nudge in? I just completed D1 L1. I'm surprised I have any lungs or legs after that. The hardest part for me was the jump rope. My legs kept going like jelly. lol
    I don't work out on saturdays as a rule because the day is hectic but I might give it a go tomorrow anyway.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    Hey nancy d1 is always the worst it will get easier, i find the jump rope hard too :)

Well done ursy87! im going to do my l1D5 tonight after i've been bowling :)

xxxxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    I'm cooking for a wedding, and many of the foods are things I shouldn't eat (cake, potato salad, pasta salad ...) and right now, I don't feel tempted. But I am concerned about getting in the 30 DS. I'm hoping that checking in with you guys will give the the motivation I need. I'm getting ready to do L1-D5 right now ...
  • Pidders89
    Options
    We are all here for you, you can do it, its only 20 minutes :)

xxxx
  • statia152
    Options
    Whew! Day 5 done! Plus ten minutes on the bike. Glad I did it. Thanks Monkey :) Now ... back to the wedding cake.