Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Confession:

It's been a trying few days (weeks/months) of crappy sleep and a baby who doesn't want anyone but me and my boobs. I'm feeling pretty frazzled, pretty constantly. I ran out of terrible stress food, so I've eaten the chocolate chips out if the baking cupboard. Like a sneaky sneak too, didn't give Andrew any! They're dark chocolate, so this doesn't really count right?

Baking supplies, for when spoonfuls of hot chocolate powder don't cut it anymore!

I’ve done that! Chocolate -in any form-is sometimes the only answer.

I've definitely done that..which is exactly why I can't keep baking ingredients in the house. :#

Wow Kelly, your arm looks amazing.

I know right? Awesome definition in your arms @kelly_c_77.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I've never even heard of frozen custard. That sounds dangerously amazing!!

I know! I love hot custard, so cold custard on a hot day would be fantastic.

I haven't had frozen custard in years. Not since I left Wisconsin, I don't think. It was amazing.

Mmmmmm. Do you recon it is made the same way as ice cream? If I buy a pot of custard and freeze/churn/freeze until its set?

No idea. It's very creamy though, much more than ice cream.

Argh I just remembered I went past somewhere in London that sold frozen custard, and I was going to take a picture of the shop for here, and then I thought I will go back to the shop and BUY one and take a picture, but 17,500 steps later and the other side of London I completely forgot. :( Dang. Imma have to go back there and get one!
  • Lois_1989
    I am over hating him, but my bother should still answer the phone.

We have several family members who never answer their phones. Drives us mad too!

Same! My older brother is a nightmare for it. He will call back at his leisure, it will be too late, but he always calls back.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Great pics, Patricia! Looks like an awesome trip!

Sorry, Mel!

Thanks Patricia and Kelly! I was hesitant to post the pic. :/
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    OMG! The plate is back in the bathroom and there is a coffee mug with it so now I know which RN it belongs to. Ewww
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    OMG! The plate is back in the bathroom and there is a coffee mug with it so now I know which RN it belongs to. Ewww

Oh, gross!
  • quiksylver296
    The victory is that I logged everything. I will do better today. I will.

cfb4clph1bbx.jpg
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    I am attempting to get back to batch cooking lunch at least. Still working on planning weekly menus. I just hate deciding that far ahead what I want to eat. Somedays it just doesn't match the plan, right?
  • quiksylver296
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am attempting to get back to batch cooking lunch at least. Still working on planning weekly menus. I just hate deciding that far ahead what I want to eat. Somedays it just doesn't match the plan, right?

This is why I just prep the protein. Usually chicken breasts. Then I can change it up to whatever sounds good - on a salad, in a wrap, with a baked potato, etc.
  • Lois_1989

:#
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member

Yuck yuck yuck.

While I'm on maternity leave, my workplace is finally moving to new premises after years of talking about it. I'm pretty pleased, as we didn't have a proper kitchen or cantine and the only sink was in the toilet. Pretty minging. The new premises have been made bespoke for us, and I've been told they have x, y and z, but all I care about is being able to wash my cup up not in the toilet!!!

We're supposed to be moving next month, and nobody has told me the actual new location address (I only know the town). I don't mind too much so long as they keep paying me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited April 2018
    OMG so pumped!

Law Enforcement finally caught the Golden State Killer/EARONs/ONS after 40+ years!!! 100% DNA match.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/04/25/golden-state-killer-joseph-james-deangelo-arrested/550544002/

Former cop/military veteran! He's older than I thought he would be since a lot of the early sketches looked like someone in their late teens & not their late twenties.

Not a lot is being revealed yet, but I am thinking someone related to the suspect (familial DNA gave a sample) finally came forward.

Now to figure out the Zodiac killer or the Long Island serial killer.
  • quiksylver296
    OMG so pumped!

Law Enforcement finally caught the Golden State Killer/EARONs/ONS after 40+ years!!! 100% DNA match.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/04/25/golden-state-killer-joseph-james-deangelo-arrested/550544002/

Former cop/military veteran! He's older than I thought he would be since a lot of the early sketches looked like someone in their late teens & not their late twenties.

Not a lot is being revealed yet, but I am thinking someone related to the suspect (familial DNA gave a sample) finally came forward.

That is awesome! That's some good police work.

Rant warning: You know what kills me, though? If someone worked as a cop for 6 months, and got fired for incompetence and then gets arrested later, the news stories always say "former cop." No note that it was for 6 months, however many years ago, and that he has been a carpenter, dishwasher and taxi driver since.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    OMG so pumped!

Rant warning: You know what kills me, though? If someone worked as a cop for 6 months, and got fired for incompetence and then gets arrested later, the news stories always say "former cop." No note that it was for 6 months, however many years ago, and that he has been a carpenter, dishwasher and taxi driver since.

What's even more crazier is he was arrested for shoplifting dog repellent (obvious thing to use in ransackings & other home invasion crimes) & a hammer. You would think that back then someone would scratch their head & put two & two together. That would have prevented this sick creep from elevating to committing murders.
  • quiksylver296

I did much better today. Now if I can just keep at it!

206i4nioaqoi.jpg

Stayed within calories again yesterday and down 3.4 pounds of water weight. Feeling much less panicked today. :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    OMG so pumped!

What's even more crazier is he was arrested for shoplifting dog repellent (obvious thing to use in ransackings & other home invasion crimes) & a hammer. You would think that back then someone would scratch their head & put two & two together. That would have prevented this sick creep from elevating to committing murders.

I'm pretty jazzed about this whole thing and it's such an interesting (and sorta sad) connection to Patton Oswalt who I also like a lot.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I am not doing well with food at all. I have a tremendous amount of job stress at the moment, and I wonder how much the Mirena is really contributing to what seems to be an incredible amount of PMS eating in the week leading up to TOM. Not sure how to totally get a handle on it, but I think I'm going to eat at what I think is maintenance for the next few weeks. I had done a legit diet break back around xmas and have really kind of floundered since then. I run a lot, then get runger, then eat, then get my weird overeating thing (yesterday was simply so absurd I'm not even sure I can share it).

I figure a week at maintenance at home and a week of maintenance-ish on vacation should help me reset to where I need to be. When I come back from vacation, I start a new position. While it will be a little stressful learning new stuff, the position is actually a bit less stressful than what I'm used to.
  • quiksylver296
    I've also given up on sensible eating and logging. I just cannot do it while sleep is so terrible.

I don't drink tea, coffee, alcohol or smoke, and I haven't had more than two hours of unbroken sleep in weeks and weeks. I'm not actually gaining weight, so I'm not going to worry too hard about my chocolate addiction right now.

If we can crack magical, regular 4 hour blocks if sleep, I will get to it. I pinkie promise!

That sounds fair!