WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2018

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, What good news of continued progress. I think of you and your husband often.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((Machka & Hubby))) Great news!

Kelly ~ Such a happy family. Joaquin is a cutie! What kind of research does you daughter do?

Heather ~ Glad you are feeling better. Can't imagine why the doctor gave you a med that had those effects. Read your reviews on Amazon and they are all great. Have not started the book yet because I have to finish a book my friend gave me (I am a very slow reader).

Oakie ~ Sounds like you have a great group of friends. The upcoming patio party sounds wonderful.

Must get off the computer and do some housework.

Carol in GA
  • pstegman888
    pstegman888 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Machka, wonderful news about your husband!!

Have any of you ladies had the 3D mammogram? My understanding is that the 3D is about the same compression, but you have to tolerate it for about 10 minutes. Due to tissue density & a prppensity for cysts, a regular mammo is already pretty agonizing...not sure if I could tolerate 10 minutes of it.

Thanks for anyfeedback.

- Pat in PA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options
    MACHKA Awesome!!!!!! :):D;)o:)<3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    :)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well had an appointment this morning. Being that my calcium is high, my vitamin D is low, the doctor wants my parathyroid scanned and the parathyroids that are overactive to be removed. I guess it's a simple surgery. I am also getting scheduled for a colonoscopy. Some of the symptoms of hiperparathyroidism is that your joints ache, you are more often, tired, foggy brained. Pretty much a lot of what I feel!
    So the doctor was happy I'm taking vitamin D tablets, but she wants me on a ketone type diet. Drink more water, and take in less sugar.
    My brain is tired, my stomach hurts (from eating too much yesterday most likely), and processing good leads me to the bathroom. This day is getting better and better!
    Rebecca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Ok so I only watched about 1/2 of Justin..made up the bed,one thing I have learned save money and don't ever buy cheap bed linens,not worth it.

I approve of this statement. For that reason, my hubby and I have one set of sheets. Wash, dry, and immediately put them back on. He thinks I'm a sheet snob. I say, AMEN!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    KJ - I agree with the person who said you could be his mum! :D What a smiler!

Really cold today here, so DH didn't go to the cricket. That is a big deal. :o His friend has gone home as well.
    I did 200 bonus calories on the recumbent bike.
    I've booked lunch at the local pub with my friend that I had to postpone yesterday. It's next Monday, which is a Bank Holiday over here. The day before is DH and my 15th meeting anniversary. :D:o:o:o:o:o:o Can't believe it has been so long. <3
    He is buying me a new fleece jacket to take to the far north of Sweden on our cruise and I have got him a new Under Armour vest top for his exercising. Plus posh biscuits and chocolate truffles. I've ordered the North Face jacket in large, but I may have to exchange it for a medium. I want to be able to put layers underneath it and it is very slim cut. Marine blue. I am slim, but have a wide back. I hate having to send things back, but it's free.
    We haven't decided what to do for the day.

Haven't heard anything new on the buyer's situation. :s:|

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Finally sleepy so time to sign off and snooze a few hours. Tomorrow will make bi-monthly trek to Trader Joe's in Medford, a 3+ hr drive but worth it for the things I can't get here.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

Yep. One of the best things about moving here is that there is a Trader Joe's about 30 minutes from our house and 10 minutes from my work. I try to go at least once a month. The last time I was there, I bought a seasoning called "Everything but the bagel." It's the toppings from an everything bagel. I also bought gluten free bagels, which are generally nasty, and some cream cheese, and for the next week, I had half a bagel with cream cheese and the spice, liberally sprinkled, and it almost felt like I was eating a yummy everything bagel. The boys love their island salsa.

Enjoy your shopping trip!

Felicia

• OregonMother
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Good day.
    And he was a bit chatty this morning (still mostly random phrases), so I asked him his name, and he kind of almost said it.

The nurse was standing there, and said to him, "OK, who is she? Introduce us" (and he pointed at me).

My husband did a "This is" gesture with his hand and said, "She's my .... (and then he fought with it for a moment) ... my wife!"

Yes!!

This brought tears to my eyes! This is so encouraging!

Felicia