Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    So, did you know the two girls in their pajamas?!? :laugh:

Indeed. I'm a lucky man ;).
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options

240/529 deadlift top set opener.
    Super quick session and I gotta say, this felt super easy. Easy like a Sunday morning. Easy like a lemon squeezy . Easy like a something else easy easy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Super quick session and I gotta say, this felt super easy. Easy like a Sunday morning. Easy like a lemon squeezy . Easy like a something else easy easy.

That was crazy smooth, like butter!
    Options

Pulling that same weight in pounds feels like more of struggle for some reason
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I get that! Kilo plates just look littler so it must weigh less, right?!? :D
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options

It is the same way as adding a 35+10 is lighter than adding another 45 to the bar. Strange isn't it.
  • Chieflrg
    edited April 2018
    Options

Well uncalibrated plates can have a large variant in most cases so it very possible on a deadlift of 500lbs you are in reality pulling 510-520lbs depending on how off they are.

Obviously the same goes for pulling less weight. Hence why I never hold much water in the weight a plate states, it is but more of how well the bar moved with RPE style adjustments.

Calibrated plates are definitely a luxury for training for a competition platform :).
    Options

The hell of it is, my next meet in less than two weeks is in pounds.
    Options
    I've never repped out 165 lbs before. It was shaky, but I got two sets of 3. It was supposed to be six sets of 3 at 8 RPE, but I had to drop weight after two sets because it definitely wasn't 8 RPE at that point.
    Nice looking reps! Building toward 200. lbs
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Well uncalibrated plates can have a large variant in most cases so it very possible on a deadlift of 500lbs you are in reality pulling 510-520lbs depending on how off they are.

Obviously the same goes for pulling less weight. Hence why I never hold much water in the weight a plate states, it is but more of how well the bar moved with RPE style adjustments.

Calibrated plates are definitely a luxury for training for a competition platform :).
    I'm slowly putting the money together to upgrade my home kit -- meanwhile, I have Midwest Power Gym in Milwaukee or Winners Edge up the street to train kilos -- but first there's the new water heater, landscaping, and other buys for the new home.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    PRed my bench this morning! 82.5 kgs. If I can hit that at my next meet (and keep my butt on the bench), I will break state record!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDmmb3Najgc

Then I turned around and blew my slingshot bench PR out of the water! 100 kgs!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2UkR8k23vk

Wow nice! Are you in the USAPL fed?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    PRed my bench this morning! 82.5 kgs. If I can hit that at my next meet (and keep my butt on the bench), I will break state record!

Then I turned around and blew my slingshot bench PR out of the water! 100 kgs!!!

Yes.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    Etched a 5rep PR on squat following deads and pin bench. As you can tell, I was elated. I was surprised on how light my two back off sets felt afterwards though. This session took almost three hours, fuk.
    186/410 × 5 @ RPE 9
    179/395 × 5 @ RPE 8.5
    174.6/385 × 5 @ RPE 7
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    deadliftsandnoodles Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Yes.

kk
    edited May 2018
    Options
    A little over a week ago, I had a terrible meet. I won't even go into my misgrooved squat where I injured my quad and it threw my whole meet off -- but I will say, I did learn a lot of how to bounce back from an early injury (and to ask for help) and limp away with a PR.

First success post injury was this 320lb BP. While -3 pounds under my best platform PR, that grind was worth it.

Lastly, was this 555 lbs +10 pound platform PR deadlift.

I have a tendency to finish a meet strong, and my deadlifts get stronger with each attempt.

I went 7/9: 1/3 Squat 415, 3/3 BP 295, 310, 320, and 3/3 deadlift 505, 535, 555. 1290 lbs, 5th place finish. (Body weight of 91.6kgs/201.6 lbs)

I was expecting a lot more at this, but will build of my failures in this meet starting tomorrow.