Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I am attempting to get back to batch cooking lunch at least. Still working on planning weekly menus. I just hate deciding that far ahead what I want to eat. Somedays it just doesn't match the plan, right?

I do all my batch cooking on Sundays. I honestly do not know how people cook after working all day, if they have something to do in the evenings!

@Italian_Buju I need to start batch cooking on my days off to limit the times I come home from work & end up eating cereal, ice cream, or other junky foods.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    My baby boy is FOURTEEN today. He wants jambalaya and Samoa pie for his birthday dinner and "birthday cake." I'm definitely not meeting any calorie goals today. :D

I wouldn't either! Will have to Google Samoa pie.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I googled Samoa pie after I saw you mentioned it yesterday to the filthy eaters club. That sounds....amazing.

There are some starter pictures in the original "filthy eaters" thread.

In fact.... here ya go. I still need to put the topping on them.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10498878/looking-for-friends-who-dont-eat-clean-and-healthy#latest
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Cereal is what will ultimately end me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    I googled Samoa pie after I saw you mentioned it yesterday to the filthy eaters club. That sounds....amazing.

There are some starter pictures in the original "filthy eaters" thread.

In fact.... here ya go. I still need to put the topping on them.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10498878/looking-for-friends-who-dont-eat-clean-and-healthy#latest

That's what I thought it would look like. Not even tempted to try it. (My food allergies may be my salvation.)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Me, too. Or peanut butter.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member

Me, too. Or peanut butter.

Ditto!
    I stay far, far away from them..unless I'm having an IDGAF day.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal is my kryptonite. I could eat the entire box in one day.
  • quiksylver296
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal is my kryptonite. I could eat the entire box in one day.

I'm sure I've said this before, but mine is Marshmallow Fruit Loops.
  • kelly_c_77

Same..except I can kill it in one sitting. Cinnamon Life too.
    Actually any/all cereals. :#
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member

#mood

I have just re-discovered Cheerios, and oh my god, I love Cheerios.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2018
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Truth. At least until the roof of my mouth starts feeling shredded.

Oh, man. I just remembered this stuff. Another one I could eat the whole box of in one sitting. So good! (Holy smokes! The pic is ridiculously big.)

qacbh8pbyx5p.jpg
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Confession #1: I eat butter patties by themselves. I fkn love butter.

Confession #2: After so many years of chronically low-carbing, I cannot stand pastries or anything else sugar-based. The thought of it makes me want to hurl. Whenever I stay at a hotel, I go into the continental breakfast hoping there will be sausage and bacon, but all they ever have is cereal and nasty sugarbomb pastries, and I always retreat back to my room slightly nauseous. I just woke up. Please stop trying to funnel syrup down my throat.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    I was amazed by some of the colours of the cereal in the states. I think we must have different colourant rules because I've never seen anything like it here! I became addicted to count chocula for one week! I'm glad I don't have to be tempted by it constantly. I've seen lucky charms in the import aisle occasionally, but they cost a bomb.

Fibre one has slowly started making it's way over here. I know what will happen if I eat three of those brownies, and yet I never learn!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Since we're naming names, Cinnamon Chex or Lucky Charms.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Truth. At least until the roof of my mouth starts feeling shredded.

Oh, man. I just remembered this stuff. Another one I could eat the whole box of in one sitting. So good! (Holy smokes! The pic is ridiculously big.)

Oh man, I haven't had Cracklin' Oat Bran in ages! That stuff was so good!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Confession: I am unreasonably tired today. It is making me unreasonably cranky. I had to change my shirt because I splashed coffee down the front of a mint green one. (this happens often enough that I keep a spare gray shirt in my desk.) Plus, I left my lunch at home. And now, the boss is sending us emails patting us on the head for our "hard work", immediately followed by an invitation to a department meeting (all 70 of us) tomorrow morning. With the layoffs, now everyone is as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Save me!!!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Confession: I am unreasonably tired today. It is making me unreasonably cranky. I had to change my shirt because I splashed coffee down the front of a mint green one. (this happens often enough that I keep a spare gray shirt in my desk.) Plus, I left my lunch at home. And now, the boss is sending us emails patting us on the head for our "hard work", immediately followed by an invitation to a department meeting (all 70 of us) tomorrow morning. With the layoffs, now everyone is as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Save me!!!

Mel, I hope your day gets better and you don't have to be nervous. I can imagine you are the employee they want to hang on to.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins

Mel, I hope your day gets better and you don't have to be nervous. I can imagine you are the employee they want to hang on to.

I am not nervous, other people are. Not only am I great at my job, but I am also fortunate enough not to need it. Denni pays our bills; I pay our taxes, college tuition/books, and soccer and band fees. :) Everything but the taxes are optional and the taxes would be almost nonexistent if I quit. Actually, the college tuition would have more help from Pell grants if I quit.

The boss won't let me go. She uses me as her own personal draft horse to pull other people out of the ditches. She's just having one of those days where she's walking right up to the line of making me aggravated enough to leave.