The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Good Monday Morning Peeps! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Make the most of this Marvelous Monday.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    *yawn* night guys .. have a good day
  • bago08
    bago08 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Yay it's Monday!...said no one ever, especially in NJ. Had a good weekend and no cheat meals, plus maintained the gym routine. I saw an error in content above: 50 is not the new 40, because I'd be 46 and I'm only 36 so 50 is the new 30. I also like to add that 56 (even though I'm only 36) is one of the best years fitness and health-wise in my life, so keep working at it because you've got plenty of years to be the best you can be. Carpe diem!

Good thing Im pretty good at math. I was able to follow this
  • tvsabarre
    tvsabarre Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I started 2013, at 160lbs. Ive been on off fitnesspal. But now hopefully more consistent. Now at 140lbs! Super slow progress... whats keeping me going is the Caloric Cycling program. And MyFitnessaPal is really helping me! Just need more consistency
  • eleiter69
    eleiter69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so great over the weekend, but I'm ready for a new start today! I started with StrongLifts this morning, and I was proud of myself for getting over my fear of the barbell rack and figuring it out by myself (I have been doing dumb bells, though - it's a process :) ). It was much easier than I thought it would be. I can't wait until Wednesday when I can actually add weight to the bar! :D
  • SaunaSuit
    SaunaSuit Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 57 this week in a few days, I am on a biblical-diet-plan,18, it is working for me, Since January I was 327 and today I am 260lbs. Not much to tell about myself, Mother, Grandmother, Always been a stay at home mother, was a childcare giver for over 33yrs, been a pre-school teacher, became a pastor in 2006, have had cancer 2's and was diagnosed with Alzhimers a few years ago. Just trying to keep on my diet and find Positive people along the way! Did I mention I also do 3hrs of exercising and walk 1 to 5miles inside the house or outside of the house either way it is fun, I can walk and watch Tv at the same time. That's all Folks'
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    SaunaSuit wrote: »
    I am on a biblical-diet-plan...Not much to tell about myself

My first thought was, "No pork?" But then I looked it up :)

Quite the contrary on not much to tell about yourself! You've an extremely eventful life. And that's a lot of walking you can do indoors? I'd have to have my fridge at a neighbor's house to get in those miles indoors! Happy MFP'ing!
  • GonnaCarryThatWeight
    GonnaCarryThatWeight Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting this journey. Looking for fellow motivators! I am also in the "midlife crisis is somewhere around the corner" age group!
  • MyrsineAconitum
    MyrsineAconitum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A sunny Monday morning - time to get out there and mow the lawn for the first time since winter! I have a push mower, and I'm glad mfp even has lawn mowing as a cardio exercise. I need to buy a scale so I can see how I'm doing in my weight loss rather than finding out every month when I see my doctor.

I would like fellow motivators as well, GonnaCarryThatWeight. As soon as I figure out how to add friends, I'll add you and the others who are looking for friends.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    momrox2011 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Hi everyone! I’m Chrissie, I just turned 50/40 (50 is the new 40 so I’m told LoL) Time to bounce back and re-set! I did real well at one point, totally clean eating, exercising, and logging in MFP, I had about 8 lbs left to goal and felt awesome and healthy, BUT, lost my motivation somewhere. And believe me I looked everywhere! It definitely was not on the couch or under the piece of cake that I ate! LoL What I did find is 26.3 lbs! Uggghh I wasn’t looking for that!

I’m real excited about getting back on track and making some new friends. I could use some help finding my motivation and accountability, hopefully being able to give some in return and making this journey fun!

Original starting weight - March ‪2015 193‬
    Lowest weight - December 2015 153.7
    Currently- 180

Welcome Chrissie - this is a great bunch of folks. You'll find friends, support and motivational along the way.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    bago08 wrote: »
    Little too much food and drinks this weekend. Back at it. Hopefully didnt lose too much ground. Have a great week all

perhaps to much cinco de Mayo? Back on track brother! I'm in the same boat.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    Why dread a day of the week? Be happy, be alive..... TGIM - Thank God It's Monday - lets take this day... healthy, strong and FUN!
  • SaunaSuit
    SaunaSuit Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wow! I had no idea it was cinco de Mayo~ I have not celibrated a holiday in so long I can't even remember the last time, not even my own birthday which is this week. I guess when your kids get older (mid 30's) and they have there own life you just sorta (stop) at least for me I have. I don't socialize, I am a introverted person I stay to myself, I don't really get any outside news other then the computer, but even at that I don't watch anything like that, I stick to my good old fastion shows that humor me. But glad everyone else had fun. Now that I think of it, I don't ever recall celibrating cinco de Mayo! But their are a lot I have never celibrated I'm sure. Being a stay at home mother for so many years other then the kids schools hollidays. I can't even remember most of those~
  • erin_larson
    erin_larson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How is everyone this wonderful Monday morning! I noticed this group and being 46 it felt like a good place to hang out. Very excited this week, as I'm approaching 300 lbs down from my heaviest weight and hope to hit that goal. Have a great week and do your best to keep your focus when life smacks you in the head.
  • Dees_Living
    Dees_Living Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love some friends! I'll be 39 at the end of the month :)
  • MyrsineAconitum
    MyrsineAconitum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Happy early birthday, Dees_living! I'll send you a friend request.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Yay it's Monday!...said no one ever, especially in NJ. Had a good weekend and no cheat meals, plus maintained the gym routine. I saw an error in content above: 50 is not the new 40, because I'd be 46 and I'm only 36 so 50 is the new 30. I also like to add that 56 (even though I'm only 36) is one of the best years fitness and health-wise in my life, so keep working at it because you've got plenty of years to be the best you can be. Carpe diem!

LOL - I totally agree...said the 57..um, I mean 37 year old. ;)
  • I_am_the_Cosmos
    I_am_the_Cosmos Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I also had a 'rough' weekend as I had my middle daughters communion. However, I weighed myself this morning and I'm still on track with what I want to accomplish. Two pounds per week with 1500 calories a day, with the hope of being down a total of 20 pounds by July 4th.

I'm going to be 45 but I do feel about 35 or so, albeit a very tired 35...
  • StepUpToTheChallenge
    StepUpToTheChallenge Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had an amazing day. Thank goodness mine is almost over.
  • wendyanne26
    wendyanne26 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Recently turned 46 and just starting on this journey.