WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Meg!!!. t3304.gif

Katla & Lanette. I took Master Gardener classes and one of the advanced classes, too, but alas! I can no longer officially call myself a Master Gardener because after a few years, I just didn't keep up with the continuing education & volunteer work. Maybe again someday...sigh! I have decided I don't like Katla's neighbor.

Karen in Virginia
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Kate- it's not necessarily the fat that is giving you issues. It could be in the amount of protein you are eating. Or sugar.

Here's an interesting article you might want to read.

https://doctoreden.com/gallbladder-pain/can-a-ketogenic-diet-cause-gallbladder-attacks/

A lot to do this week. Getting ready to leave on Saturday morning for a week in San Diego with the new baby and the twins. Then we will come back for the night and leave the following Monday for Minnesota. Now to do my exercises then prep the inside for traveling as well as packing for San Diego. Did not realize how cold it was in San Diego the last time we were there I wish we had jackets!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Meg many happy returns <3<3

NYKAREN
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Meg!! Be sure to post a picture of your flowers.

Such wonderful news, Machka. You have been on quite a ride.

I'm feeling a little off. I woke up at 4:00, couldn't get back to sleep, but was too tired (lazy) to get myself to the gym. I got glutened Sunday or yesterday, so I've been really sick. When this happens, I just want to give up on eating all together. :angry:

I know I was going to say more, but between the gluten reaction and getting up too early . . . that's about all I have.

Oh, except that I thought your comment about bone density, Rye, was really fascinating. Reminds me how important strength training and weight-bearing exercise is. It's not just about the scale.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Meg - Happy Birthday! It sounds like you were off to a fantastic one! Have a fantastic day! <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Meg! <3B)

Heather and other hot weather runners- I learned to run in the winter (and love it), the hotter temps (80*F and up) were never easy for me. Remember to stay hydrated, or you will have a headache to beat the band! Listening to you talk about your progress, really has me missing it. Need to get my ankles and knee stronger, though; otherwise I will be on the short track for an injury. Have fun!

KJ
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Thank you Terry. <3 If you feel able a review would be wonderful. o:)

Meg - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :drinker: And hooray for DD1. :)

My younger son is going to take a day off work when we go down there on the 31st. He said, "so we can do something all together" . :o:p;) This is very unusual. !!!!!! I think my book has brought us closer, though he hasn't read it, and I am also living his AF life with him, for the large part. We swap ideas for delicious drinks etc.
    Weird how life goes. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I’m back on the weight loss wagon. I want to drop 5 more pounds. Not Vanity weight, but sanity weight. Lol.

My weight appears to fluctuate in a range of about 5 or 6 pounds. At the top of that range at my current maintenance weight is the BMI line between normal and overweight. Every time the scale gets near it, my head freaks and thinks I’m obese again. So, if I’m 5 pounds lighter, the top of my maintenance range won’t bump that invisible (and really irrelevant, I know) line.

I know some folks would recommend not weighing every day, but if I only weighed once a week and got one of the high weights I’d REALLY freak, so I think this will be best.

————
    Sardines = not for me

Gardening = not for me (any other ladies here not gardeners?)

Heat = 84 and rising :(

Felicia: feel better soon, was this the Doritos or a different gluten source?

Terry: how is the ankle doing, it Looks good all blinged out, hope it feels better.

Warm thoughts to all and congrats to the weight losers!

Rye
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi my friends. Today's my birthday. DH has already called, and guess what??? DD#1 actually texted me to say happy birthday so that made my day. DD#2 has DH's debit card and she ordered me flowers; she doesn't realize it shows up on the bank account right away lol. So I'm waiting for them :joy: Have a great day. Meg from Omaha who is still 39.

HAPPYYYYYYYY BDAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: I'm sorry that your son's roommate is a flake, but glad that there is a solution in the foreseeable future. I always thought that you planned to live with your son. Looks like it is heading that direction. :star:

Lenora & R Can Saw: I appreciate the state name pronunciation complaint. We hear Ory-gone from people who don't know any better. The proper pronunciation is Ory-gun. :wink: One of my yoga teachers lived on the Island of Hawaii in the past. According to her, the lava is currently flowing down hill and into the ocean to make a bigger island. Occasionally it flows toward populated areas. When we talked about it, this eruption was all heading into the ocean to build a bigger island. When Mt St Helens erupted in Washington we had literally tons of ash fall. We scooped the ashes out of our house gutters and it was HEAVY. :noway:

Barbara: I've only been taking the sublingual B complex with B12 a few days. I feel as though it boosts my brain function. I feel more alert and more articulate. :heart:

Pip: So glad that you and Kirby enjoyed your ride & the new bike is a winner. :heart:

Lanette: My neighbor is convinced that she is the Goddess of Gardening and knows what is best for all people in all situations. She is also pushy, overbearing, and obnoxious. Yesterday the President of the Homeowners Association instructed her to leave my plants alone at my request. Thank goodness. I wouldn't put sneaking over to do what she wants past her, though. :grumble: Months ago I asked her to go to a Master Gardener course with me. She didn't even bother with an answer. I don't think we're destined to become "besties." :ohwell:

Barbara: Our next-door neighbor just had her kitchen countertop replaced with quartz. I haven't seen it yet. We know that she will be having expenses due to outdoor siding problems discovered by our painters. We also need to have our guest bedroom window checked for leaks and may need work done. We don't know any details yet. :ohwell:

Today I will be returning a gift from DH that was a sweet and generous idea, but not practical. He bought me a small electric rototiller. It is a cutie, but not small enough for the limited space that I have. Using a hula hoe is more practical. He also gave me a Kitchen Aid mixer, and I am thrilled with it. He chose the right size and a perfect color. We need to be able to make our own gluten free pie crust dough & it is a difficult chore to do by hand. This will make pie crust dough a snap. :bigsmile;

Have a great day!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

It's hard to make a difference when you shrink from expressing who you are and what you stand for." - Arianna Huffington

Yep, when we mentioned it to him, about sharing a home, way back last summer, we all laughed about it! But it started making sense when I started looking at rental homes online. Son and I get along really well. My husband and him have Navy stories to chat about, but when my son starts talking about Legos, or scooters, the conversation only lasts so much, my husband has to either hand me the phone, or excuse himself to go do something. With us having our own spaces it should be fine. I know son will worry after he moves out, and his roommate is still there. Being that all the utilities are in sons name, he will be shutting them off the end of this month too. The roommate has choices. He can swallow his pride and move back home. His family is here in Oak Harbor! All I know is that when we saw his place last summer it was so messy. That is not how we taught our son to live! The fact that his roommate moved stuff out of one of my son's rooms to put up one of his family members for a couple days and that, like him, doesn't get along with family, angered the heck out of us!! He still had the scummy mattress on the floor and all my son's items piled on the living room. My momma bear hackles went UP with that one! Haahaa!
    Rebecca
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Campsite visitor. Lol

I miss green grass and trees....

RV rita in the desert of New Mexico

I enjoyed your desert spring pictures! I assume it is getting hot now, my brother lives in the Palm Springs area and its been over 100 for awhile now. Are you two planning to move north for summer?

Deb in CA
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi my friends. Today's my birthday. DH has already called, and guess what??? DD#1 actually texted me to say happy birthday so that made my day. DD#2 has DH's debit card and she ordered me flowers; she doesn't realize it shows up on the bank account right away lol. So I'm waiting for them :joy: Have a great day. Meg from Omaha who is still 39.

That's hilarious! She definitely wanted you to know she's thinking of you though.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    B)

Happy Birthday Meg! Enjoy!