ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is everything linked to cancer nowadays?
    Just saying, if people start lecturing me that bacon will give me cancer, I am gonna tell everyone I'm dying happy.

Edited to add.....
    I use Splenda every day. B)
    Actually “processed meats” have been linked to cancer.

You’re right though. A life without bacon isn’t worth living. Lol I eat bacon like every week

When I was pregnant, I literally at 7 strips of thick cut bacon every single morning for 2-3 months. It was my snack while driving in to work. HAHAHA
    And now, my toddler loves bacon. :#

I don't care what the science says - I ate my weight in banana cream pies through two pregnancies, and both my daughters have always loved whipped cream and bananas. There's gotta be a link, right?

There is a suggested link. The amniotic fluid tends to take the 'flavor' of whatever the mom eats. They did a study (I'd have to go dig my notes to find it again), where to fed 1 group of expecting mothers carrot juice daily during the last trimester. 1 group was told to avoid it like the pest. 1 group was given the carrot juice during the first 6 months of the kid's life, while they were breast feeding.

When the kids started eating, the gave them the option of carrots or wheat mush. Kids from groups 1 and 3 preferred the carrots. Kids from group 2 preferred the wheat mush.

So the link is not only during pregnancy but also post pregnancy while nursing.

It's your fault your daughters like bananas (comment meant in jest and not to be taken seriously :wink: )

EDIT:

Didn't get the numbers of days/weeks quite right, but the conclusion I did:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1351272/

This is fascinating! Now I wish I had eaten more vegetables and salads!

It is indeed fascinating. It explains my probably unhealthy obsession with fruits (I was born early August... the garden was ripe with yummy fresh fruits and mom did NOT limit herself in the least) :wink:
  • microphish
    microphish Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Interesting story by the OP. I don't necessarily have a story but I have noticed after researching tirelessly on the internet about the "RIGHT" way to lose weight or "CHANGE MY LIFESTYLE", there are as many ways as there are denominations of churches within religions. The tale shared by the OP reminded me of that thought.

So is there a FOOD/LIFESTYLE afterlife and am I picking the correct path for my soul , body? Are there food aethiests? These are the daunting questions in life that I seek. Is there a Food Bhudda?

At my age, I am much more opened minded about everyone's choices and so I will say to everyone on the board, good for all of you for finding your path no matter what that path is. Good luck and Good Health to you all.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is everything linked to cancer nowadays?
    Just saying, if people start lecturing me that bacon will give me cancer, I am gonna tell everyone I'm dying happy.

Edited to add.....
    I use Splenda every day. B)
    Actually “processed meats” have been linked to cancer.

You’re right though. A life without bacon isn’t worth living. Lol I eat bacon like every week

When I was pregnant, I literally at 7 strips of thick cut bacon every single morning for 2-3 months. It was my snack while driving in to work. HAHAHA
    And now, my toddler loves bacon. :#

I don't care what the science says - I ate my weight in banana cream pies through two pregnancies, and both my daughters have always loved whipped cream and bananas. There's gotta be a link, right?

My kids hate the foods I craved when I was pregnant with them.

With my daughter, it was mashed potatoes. Now, she loves a potato in any form but mashed.

My son, it was Swiss cheese. He like almost every cheese except that one.