What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member
    * You sleep better at night, and it's easier to get up in the morning.
    * Your skin looks better.
    * Your joints feel less achy/creaky.
    * Your libido increases! :-)

This!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    One thing I have recently discovered is how many other obese and overweight people out there there really are. Before I never really noticed since they just blended in. I don't like that I notice this now. I am unsure if I am more often looking now when I did not before or why I am seeing it so much. I am not judging them. If anything it makes me sad because I know most are likely unhappy about it.

I have also learned that jealousy is really a mean beast. I have a friend who has been less than happy for me and my loss. Time to assess that friendship I tell yah!

This happens I think just because we become more thoughtful about health in general and where we used to be physically and mentally and we are realizing what we were like before the weight loss. I use to have a drink or milkshake in my hand when driving. Now when I see this most often it is an obese person like I was so I make the connection with one reason I was obese.

Listening to people talking about their health issues while eating a 2000 calorie meal makes me want to scream because that was me 4 years ago.

On a positive note I am taken back that some people are now asking questions about how much better I am walking and moving after cutting out added sweeteners and all forms of all grains. Some even use the terms low carb and keto and state they are trying it. In these cases I mention while it has worked well in my case to walk death backwards that they should work to find the best Way Of Eating for their own bodies and mention that can take a long time.

As far as jealousy goes I try to ignore it and thankful I tend to not notice it. Anyone that wants me to leave my family and future grandkids, ect due to a premature death their thoughts and actions just do not matter. At 67 I have the best health I can remember over the past 40 years and life just gets better and better quality wise. Last weekend I entered my first antique tractor show with a 52 year old tractor I have been working on since last year. Since it was nearby I actually drove it the tractor to the fairgrounds.

Now I decide how I want to feel and just lose the jealous ones mentally or physically if not both. :)

Best of continued success to all.

Great job on your loss! Your post made a lot of sense to me. Thanks.
  • NakilaTDrakes
    NakilaTDrakes Posts: 15 Member
    everher wrote: »
    And who knows, you'll just have to find a way to rock that Dora the Explorer t-shirt!

lol
  • NakilaTDrakes
    And who knows, you'll just have to find a way to rock that Dora the Explorer t-shirt!

lol
  • NakilaTDrakes

lol
  • sonarbabe
    sonarbabe Posts: 39 Member
    I am still shocked how uncomfortable it is to sit on un-padded chairs and also in the bathtub now that so much of my butt fat is gone. Before I always had built in cushioning. I always smile a little inside when this happens even though it really hurt.

Omg! Yes! My daughter got me bsth stuff for my birthday/mother's day present. But the tub (and kitchen stools) kill my tailbone
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Alidecker wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I'm glad you posted this. I'm far from goal but it's been on my mind a LOT. I have NO idea what to wear when I get there. Thin I was never into clothes but fat there is no choice but to only wear what fits whether you like it or not. I've been looking at sites like Macy's and nothing looks remotely interesting. I truly have no clue how I'm going to navigate those waters.......it makes me scared.

This is what friends are for. I was scared of clothes shopping like a ‘normal’ person because I had no idea what shops had what styles, or which ones would be too expensive for my budget and full of snooty assistants, or what styles I could actually wear now that I didn’t have to avoid everything that might show belly bulge...

...so I booked an afternoon in town with a friend I trusted, to drag me around town and make me try on things I wouldn’t have thought of. It helped a lot :)

Yes this is a great plan of attack.

I have my shopping companion picked out already too. And she has lost over 100 lbs herself in the past so she gets it. 8 lbs to go then my wallet wI'll also become lighter..

I took a friend with me for my first major shopping spree. It was very helpful because we would look, we both picked stuff out and I tried on, then she just kept bringing more stuff. It was good because she had me try on stuff I would never have tried on. The body shape was so different that I needed that.

The last time I was thin I was 30 and now I'm nearly 60 so I feel bewildered when shopping too. I take my daughter with me. She's 28 and will tell me honestly "No Mum, not age appropriate." or "Of course you can wear that! It looks great!". I bought a few new things and filled the rest of my wardrobe with thrift store finds. Otherwise you're right, its a pretty expensive outing to try and replace everything at one time.

Goodwill has become my best friend, honestly. I wish I had a shopping buddy, but at least I’m not breaking the bank!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!