WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Oregon Mother: The dress is gorgeous. I can tell from just the bit you posted. :star:

Barbie: Watching the baseball game together is an excellent way to spend your time. Good for you and Jake. :heart:

Lenora: It sounds like you had an interesting and sometimes frustrating day. I hope that tomorrow is more pleasant for you. (((HUGS)))

Michele: I went in to see the planning director today and eveything is good. Thanks for worrying about me. :flowerforyou:

Dana Reel180: My irritating neighbor is also named Dana but she isn't nearly as nice as you. Luckily, neither you nor I will have to spend much time with her. :wink: I love your gift to Rebecca. What a perfect thing for you to send. :heart:

My day turned out well and I'm pleased that it did. I hope tomorrow will be a good day for each of us.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Bees Butts! Thanks for the pics Rebecca. Made me smile tonight.

My hike with the tramping club turned out lots of fun. Made another new friend, an artist, and I went to see some of her work on display in town today. Also the hike turned out to be in a good place for horse riding and there were hoofprints all over the trail so I plan to go back with the horses...I might even go there tomorrow to do my long run. I am up to an hour thirty this week.

I finally got an email from the head office lady who is handling the office transition so I asked her exactly when my retirement day will be...I hope she will have replied by Monday when I next go into the office, then I can have a proper countdown!

The weather is getting colder and windier and wetter here. Supposed to be nasty this weekend so I am hoping to get my long run in tomorrow morning before the rain is supposed to hit...They do get it wrong pretty often!

Going to bed early with a book or two or three, <3 Wendy
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,297 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I don't like the texture of my skin, so I wear a complete cover swim suit. I originally bought it for Mexico, so I could go swimming in the sun, but I think it looks great. Feel much less exposed. When I was in my early thirties I once heard some French teenagers giggling behind me at a beach. "Oh, les cuisses!!! " Which basically means, Oh, those thighs!!! I inherited my mother's cellulite and I don't like it. I wear a normal swimsuit to an indoor pool, but drape a robe around me and disrobe and slide in quickly. :o:|

Lovely sunny day here, but not hot. :D

I'm going to try to sort out an important box of memories today. I threw out two pieces of paper last night, so I've made a small start. I will keep some important bits. It's the personal growth group I was a big part of in the early 90s. Want to whittle it down to half the size.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,038 Member
    Options
    Over here standard pronunciation is aahmunds. No L. :D

Love Heather, feeling antsy in the UK xxxxxxx

Correct!!

And in case anyone wondered what 100 calories of 'aahumnds' looks like ... :)
    https://www.thekitchn.com/a-visual-guide-to-100-calories-of-nuts-snack-tips-from-the-kitchn-201778

Machka in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    machka progress! Hopeful signs of healing to come on the long road ahead <3<3

Just enjoying this late but beautiful spring. Feels so good to have the sunshine back in my life.

NYKAREN
  • allisonlane161
    allisonlane161 Posts: 269 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Good Morning from NJ Ladies!

Rebecca, my state is one of very few here that has a nude beach. It's owned by the feds so the state can't shut it down. I go there once every year. We start with a few mile run (clothed), then spend the rest of the time on the beach. This is the first year I'll be fairly happy with my birthday suit. But it is a truism that no one there cares what anyone looks like.

Kay, it's a rare find someone who is in your shoes and can empathize fully. Glad you got that gift. And your new hair!

Exermom--lol on the ceramic mushrooms! It's really quite a feat getting to learn about the women on this very active board. I'll certainly remember your mushrooms now!

Nothing new here, gym, trying not to overeat, waiting for 5:00 Friday.

Jackie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, what a great path of recovery for your husband. Thank you for keeping us informed so we can share in the gratitude of the journey.

:)Katla, I don't like your neighbor. I hope there is a resolution to her messing with your plants.

<3 Barbie--now off to walk the dogs some more before dance class
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies -

Machka - Thank you for the update! The links you provided were interesting. Prayers continue for you and your hub. Hugs my virtual friend.

I am headed to the store to get weekly supplies and more excitingly supplies for our Sunday Patio Therapy session :wink: . I will come home from doing that and jump on the mower. The spindly grass in the pastures is driving me nuts so I have got to get it mowed down.

I've made plans for us to head to OK for a couple of days to meet my Aunt and have a meal with her while she visits her best friend. While we are there, we will get to see at least one of my lifelong friends, maybe two. I'm excited. Friend and family time is the best!

Have a great Thursday ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    been out and about early.... had to take Taliah's cat up to get spade... and will pick her up later...
    Toms furnace is cleaned, and Alfie defuzzed one of the pillows so I have to go get another one..
    going to try and go through some of the paperwork for the mortgage today if I have a minute, Alfie and Homer barking at each other and driving me bonkers lol

• 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @2aycocks I'm glad that you were able to be with that woman that understood! My Brother in law and his wife lost their son at 5 years old when he fell off the tractor and got hit by the sickle mower. Very tragic but since then they offer grief counseling and speak to others in similar cases. It is after 20 years still a difficult event for them to come to grips with. I know that if you or anyone else may need to talk to someone my sister in law would be willing to help. She feels like she gets healing through helping others.

<3

Mary from Arizona

Mary I'm so sorry your family has gone through such a loss. I don't think you ever really come to grips with losing a child or grandchild. But you find a way to keep moving. It's wonderful that your SIL is able to help others through such a tragic loss. And it DOES help to talk to someone whom you know understands exactly how you feel. Please tell her that for me. She is making a difference to other families.
    Kay
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Machka - Such wonderful news about your husband ... sounds like he has had excellent healthcare and now on the road to recovery. It's amazing what prayers can do, when you ask for them. Still sending up prayers for everyday to be a new learning experience that will help him get back to a normal or near-normal condition so he and you can enjoy your lives together.

We have bumble bees and carpenter bees (about 2 or 3 months out of the year). The carpenter bees don't see interested in flowers, they just bore holes into your wood house. They get sprayed; inside their holes to kill them, doesn't do too much good to spray the holes if they aren't in them (other than if they get into it soon after it has been sprayed. They are 'loud' and 'irritating'. If you are so inclined, you can get a wooden dowel and fill the holes; but, they'll come back and find another place to bore.

I remember going to Hallover (sp) Beach in Miami (north of town actually) and there were bushes between the boardwalk and beach; but, you'd still have gawkers. One man, older, would be the police and run them off. The regular police also ran them off. If anyone came on the beach - they were sort of expected to strip down within a 10-minute period of time, or they were considered gawkers. Some that came down (men) would lay down and dig a hole for their Johnson and then look at every woman that came by. Quite often it was pretty obvious what they were there for - they'd also be asked to leave. We never went after BnL moved on to another wife. But, it was interesting. They'd have games and

Today, my TV seems to be doing a little better; but, I am NOT going to brag on it, too much. We'll see what it does. I need to go in and deletes some of the shows I had been recording. That might have had something to do with it. I'm not sure; but, last night it cut off every 5 minutes while I was watching a 'favorite' show. I finally gave up wand went to bed about 10:30pm.

Got to run, need to pick up my house and 'check off my list'.

Lenora