fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    Penny- Happy Birthday <3

gpr9cr9gxhgr.jpg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Remember we all are Moms, one way or another we care for others, nurturing. Celebrate today!!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Kkkk
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to you all, whether your babies are people or critters, born from you or not. Rebecca is right, we are all nurturing others and that counts!
    Too much to catch up on, have read all the posts, but no time to comment. Eating isn't bad, not great, but not bad. Wedding day is just under two weeks away, bride to be keeps changing the time of the rehearsal, I've already changed an app't once to accommodate the original time, fortunately the new time works without me changing anything again. Won't change anything again tho! Hope everyone has a lovely day! Weather here is amazing today!!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Happy Mother’s Day!

DD and I did a craft together today and I think it turned out pretty good for my first one. I’m going to make another one for my cousin’s wife. She has cancer and just finished her last class for her Masters.

I love this! Where did you get the door and window?

I got everything from the ACMoore craft store. Nothing was expensive and everything together cost about $15.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Terry ~ I love that pot. Bet you could sell others like these like hot cakes. :)

Carol in GA
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Pip ~ Your puppy children are the best. They always look so calm and happy.
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    We went to my DnL's mothers for lunch today and had a great time chatting and watching the children play in the pool. Chicken salad on croissants and chocolate pie...Yum!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Happy Mother’s Day!

DD and I did a craft together today and I think it turned out pretty good for my first one. I’m going to make another one for my cousin’s wife. She has cancer and just finished her last class for her Masters.

Hope all of you are having a great day. I’ll catch up on posts later.

Terry in sunny VTjz8q8aae7ron.jpeg
    mlfavr87d956.jpeg
    n28cb5q7lcc7.jpeg

So sweet! You did a good job!
    Wish I could make for my DDS.

Tricia Oh
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Love the flower pot, how pretty!!!
    I did alot today, but not enough for my brother, he is all irate because I haven't gotten the house all cleaned out... he hsa been away for the last 4 days and as soon as he gets back starts woofing at me about have I talked to the lady who is buying some of the furniture, the lawyer and why isnt Dan helping, he will have to hire somebody its gonna end up being he and his wife doing it all..ughhh, no matter what I do I cant win... stopped at my DD they got me a tart warmer with a sea motif, that they know I like which was sweet,and she thanked me for all i do to help them out
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)B)<3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Terry what an adorable pot!
    Penny Happy Birthday!

Cheri
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Well, I received a call from my Nuke son, and he has been trying to pass all his tests, but the nuclear program and him were not meant to be. I was worried about him, because he was stressing out, so now he can relax a bit. Presently he's in what's called "hold" with about 10 others waiting on paperwork, schools to open up etc. So he's relieved and excited for his next part of his Navy journey. I guess he's been looking at being a yeoman, which is a pencil pusher. He is great with that, putting things in order, etc. It was nice to hear from him!

My eldest has yet to call, and he's right up the street! If he forgets, the friendly ribbing and guilt trip I will give him, he'll have no choice but to remember next year! He has never been the kid that remembered holidays, birthdays, but to me that's just what adults do.
    When each son graduated from high school they were given a day planner with the addresses of family all filled in. Also, year of birthdays posted, and a listing of home addresses to keep track of where they've lived. So there isn't an excuse about not knowing!

Not sure if I'm going to be treated to dinner or not. But whatever happens, I feel blessed none the less.
    Enjoy the day y'all!
    Rebecca
  • lilnoramitchellandre
    lilnoramitchellandre Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Got cute card from DYS yesterday and a call today. He always picks out the most appropriate cards, so I know he reads several before picking any card out for us.

DOS came over and wished me Happy Mother's Day and got a card, 4 flamingo coasters, and a flamingo mat to go outside by the door.

Louis and I went out last night because we knew everywhere would be packed today. Had to drive into town because I was out of my Lamictal (by tonight - DH was not particularly happy about it; but, "Miss Daisy" is still having to be 'driven around'. Then we went to the DQ and got a small blizzard each and sat in the car. I went inside to get quicker service we were about 3 from the order box; and about 7 from the window. I think everybody had the same idea - and it is 'hot' out as well.

Louis is now asleep in his chair. He had said he wanted to come in and do 'nothing' ... so that is what he is doing (right now).

Love the decorated pot. My surviving violet has just started blooming. BFF gave the an orchid whose flowers have all dropped off. I also noticed that both of the other orchids, still surviving, at putting out new leaves, so maybe they'll live. I'm going to cut the stalk back on the one I was given; but, waiting to it to die back before doing so.

Lenora
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Penny she translated to mean: Frozen meat put in oven over night on low heat.

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    My Zen patio is slowly getting there.. hoping we get some nice weather instead of rain and drizzily..once the weather is nice will take pictures for ya'll..it's darn chilly here for crying out loud...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

0 runner- 20min, 115ahr, 141mhr, 9.23min mi, 43al, 13ah, 109ac, 2.15mi = 148c
    Apple Watch- 184c
    220# tire flip- 3.38min, 143ahr, 156mhr, 2laps= 55c
    Apple Watch- 38c
    Jump single, double- 30min, 138ahr, 168mhr,= 308c
    Apple Watch- 332c

total cal 511
  • pipcd34
    Options
    just now doe with all the chores for the da, its 3 (2:57pm). time to set for a minute