WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2018

Options

Replies

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I got certified for diving about 6 yrs ago. I’ve got over 200 dives now. We go on several trips a year. Now if you want to see sharks go to Turks and Caicos. We saw bunches of sharks on every dive there. Only saw about six in Belize. The whale sharks are in Belize in June so we were too early for them.

Marcelyn
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    anxj41ew3bkk.jpg
    careful Suki, or those cacti will bite cha!
    Rebecca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)Rori, walking with poodles is not only good exercise, but it is great fun.

:) I did another 90 minutes of spreading bark in my yard this morning. I have limited my time so I don't hurt myself. Finding moderation is often difficult for me. I was putting bark around the lavender plants. Even though they aren't blooming yet, they smell great.

:) We took another ride up into the Olympic forest today. The scenery is beautiful but I kept wanting to get out and walk instead of just riding.

<3 Barbie
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Terry, this is for you. Know that we all go through tough times, and it makes us so much stronger. You are a clever and creative lady, going through a difficult time. This too shall pass.
    ogdeglqhiec5.jpg

<3 Wendy
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Cheri – I love the poem with the blankets.

Rori – have fun in the Poconos. We used to live there. This is a real nice time of the year. How long will you be gone for?

Michele in NC
    who went to rummikub and totally blew it diet wise.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Terry: hugs. Nothing wise to say from me,but please do try to remember to love yourself.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Terry It's getting old, isn't it? Sending (((hugs))) and encouragement.

I am soooo glad to be home from work! I am off tomorrow & will be meeting my granddaughter at her bus after school. I am really looking forward to the day off & seeing my grandchildren.

I know some of you work from home or have worked from home. One of my coworkers is thinking about working from home. My employer doesn't offer that option; my coworker would actually be putting in her notice & going to work for someone else.

Some of you may remember how desperately I have wanted my grandson to be home-schooled, but could never convince my son and daughter-in-law to do it. Well, they are convinced now, after 2 more years of sheer misery for my amazing, brilliant, 11 year old grandboy. My daughter-in-law's goal is to get a job with the same online school my grandson will be enrolled in, so she can work from home and oversee his education. I am beyond relieved. I would like to be more available to enable them. I also would like for her to have more time to herself & time to visit her aging/ailing parents more often.

I was thinking that if I worked from home I might have more control over my schedule and be of some use to my kids and grandkids.

Please share opinions/experiences with working from home. The only time I have worked from home was when I was an at-home mom. This would be very different.

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Karen: Thanks for the biscuit tip. Your advice must have wafted through the ether, because that is just what we did. :flowerforyou:

Rori: Enjoy the Poconos. :bigsmile:

Today was DH's birthday. We went out for lunch, a friend came by to chat and DH got to talk to both of our kids. We grilled a chicken that was just plain awful. We're not planning to buy chicken from that store again. After grilling for hours it was still tough as an old boot. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,784 Member
    Options
    morning ladies, our power went back on around 10 last night i was sleeping but had left a few lights on so got up and turned them off and went back to bed...
    have to get Tal on the bus today, then come home and get this place picked up because they are coming for the appraisal today,
    ughh, lots of stuff to do for a mortgage.. but in the end I will have my own little place...
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Karen if anyone can set their mind to something and do it well, it is you! Lisa’s advice about a good chair and a room with a door is a good one. Know yourself, do you work best first thing I thing in the a.m, do you work in short 20 minute bursts? Figure out your focus style and set parameters and work out the day. Is it possible to try this for a few days a week before going full time?

Big bad storm last night, the sky was amazing pink color then strangely dark like in the movies kind of dark, spooky. Luckily we have power and all are safe around me, though I’ve got a delayed opening due to power outages. Stay safe everyone.

NYKAREN
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B) It's a rainy day in Georgia as the Big "O" would say! :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    Starsub99 wrote: »
    Day2 for me. Have 100 lbs to lose. Plan is losing 10 lbs x 10 times. Overwhelming to think about total goal. Health has been going downhill for 5 yrs. Type 2 diabetes...high cholesterol...fat people diseases. Time to get slim trim healthy me back.
    Looking for motivation and support from group members. Long jouney ahead

:) Those of us who have been successful on the weight loss journey have made this a change of lifestyle. No one else can provided motivation but it helps to be in the company of others who share your values of healthy eating and exercise. My face to face friends urged me to do things that weren't healthy for me and my friends on this thread supported my new life style. Best wishes to you. Find an eating plan that you can stick to and seek every opportunity to be active.

<3 Barbie from NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options