Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    I haven't had much to say the last few days, but I've checked in and read all of the posts daily. I think I need to start the prelog of meals when I know what I'm having for dinner. I find I never figure it out until I'm on the way home most days and sort of base it on how many calories I have left, what the temperature is, if I want the oven on or not, and what hubby may be feeling like. He doesn't know it, but he's along on this ride with me, so sometimes his choices are ignored due to the high caloric content. Other times, I'll make something for him and make something different for me.

I did buy a scale this week, I have been surprised that I've been pretty close in my estimates to what I have been logging. I haven't cooked any meat yet, I suspect that is where I'll be shocked by the difference.

My legs have been playing havoc with my exercise, my eldest daughter is buying me proper walking shoes this week for Mother's Day. We couldn't do it last week because we couldn't get together to go shopping. I'm hoping that that will cure a lot of my issues.

I also need to break down and buy some new pants this week, I have been putting it off in the hopes to get down a size, but I am struggling finding clothes to wear to work so think I better break down and buy a couple pair. Good news is there is a brand new outlet mall that opened not 5 minutes from my house, so I'll go there first.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 thrift stores could be your best resort now while you transition sizes :smile:

Good on ya for getting that scale but how fab that your estimates were good! Doesn't often be the case.

It does our hubbies no harm to be along for the ride on our eat better journey :smiley:

Hope those new shoes make all the difference.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I agree with the thrift stores. One near us has "color of the week" clothes for 25 cents! & the second week 2 for 25, but by then pretty picked over, lol. A lot of my wardrobe has come from there! :D I always think the outlet mall will be cheaper, but doesn't seem that way. I pre-log breakfast, morning snack, evening snack calories then divide what is left between lunch & dinner..hopefully I have walked enough to have decent calories for each. My evening snack (about 7-8pm) is almost always greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, walnuts, and a little honey. Keeps me full until morning
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Love this group, I don't know how I haven't seen it until today! After many, many, many attempts I think my head is finally in this game. Getting off my behind has been the best thing for menopause, sore knees, and my energy level.
    :smiley:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Thanks for the tips about the thrift store. I have a really nice one right across the street. I never think about clothes there. I buy most of my books there, they sell them by the inch. So 4 inches of paperback books stacked is 1.00. Can't beat the price. I think I'll go there first!

I have a snack every night, I have 1 or 2 wedges of Laughing Cow, Wheat Thins Multigrain either serving or 1/2 and then grapes. I save for this every day, if I am done dinner and don't have enough for it, I'll go earn it by burning some calories. I was raised having a snack before bed and don't think it's something I ever want to give up.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    jgnickel wrote: »
    Love this group, I don't know how I haven't seen it until today! After many, many, many attempts I think my head is finally in this game. Getting off my behind has been the best thing for menopause, sore knees, and my energy level.
    :smiley:

Welcome to the group :smile: having our heads in gear really is key so I'm happy that you are finding you have reached that place now - believing you can do something is half the battle.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    I agree with the thrift stores. One near us has "color of the week" clothes for 25 cents! & the second week 2 for 25, but by then pretty picked over, lol. A lot of my wardrobe has come from there! :D I always think the outlet mall will be cheaper, but doesn't seem that way. I pre-log breakfast, morning snack, evening snack calories then divide what is left between lunch & dinner..hopefully I have walked enough to have decent calories for each. My evening snack (about 7-8pm) is almost always greek yogurt, frozen blueberries, walnuts, and a little honey. Keeps me full until morning

Your thrift store finds sound great :smile:
    As does your evening snack :smiley:
  • lionessroar1
    lionessroar1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I am also working hard on not feeling guilty with food. Today for lunch I was CRAVING Chinese food, so I opted for a small Wonton soup. I logged it, and it fits into my plan!

I work so much better when no foods are off limits. Just control the portions. My craving is satisfied... no guilty feelings... and happiness all around.

❤️Jill

I love this.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Thanks for the tips about the thrift store. I have a really nice one right across the street. I never think about clothes there. I buy most of my books there, they sell them by the inch. So 4 inches of paperback books stacked is 1.00. Can't beat the price. I think I'll go there first!

I have a snack every night, I have 1 or 2 wedges of Laughing Cow, Wheat Thins Multigrain either serving or 1/2 and then grapes. I save for this every day, if I am done dinner and don't have enough for it, I'll go earn it by burning some calories. I was raised having a snack before bed and don't think it's something I ever want to give up.

Good ideas for your snack :smile:
    Maybe now you'll look at that store in a different light :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I am also working hard on not feeling guilty with food. Today for lunch I was CRAVING Chinese food, so I opted for a small Wonton soup. I logged it, and it fits into my plan!

I work so much better when no foods are off limits. Just control the portions. My craving is satisfied... no guilty feelings... and happiness all around.

❤️Jill

I love this.

And I missed seeing this post! What a great attitude you have Jill :smile: And totally agree btw :smiley:
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    I agree, too. Nothing off limits...hopefully not as much or as often as before, tho. :#:)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Well I used the scale on meat last night, as I suspected I was way off! I had been eating probably close to 3 servings of ground beef when I made burgers. I measured out one serving and it was perfect, my husband even said they were "normal" size burgers LOL

The weight scale this morning was loving me. I reached 190! This was my first goal as it put me back to where I started when I did MFP the first time in 2012. So 12 pounds gone, I've earned a reward for myself and am going shopping for it this weekend. Now onto the next 10!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 that's terrific! You're doing great :smile:

And I bet your glad you bought a scale now :smile:
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 that's terrific! You're doing great :smile:

And I bet your glad you bought a scale now :smile:

Thank you. Yes I sure am. I bet it will make the next 10 pounds easier to lose.
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love my scales. I bought a new one to replace my old one, but ended up putting one on each side of my kitchen. lol. no excuses to not weigh. at. all.

I remember thinking I was doing so good with my measurements, until I started weighing. What a wake up call.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,785 Member
    Options
    jgnickel wrote: »
    I love my scales. I bought a new one to replace my old one, but ended up putting one on each side of my kitchen. lol. no excuses to not weigh. at. all.

I remember thinking I was doing so good with my measurements, until I started weighing. What a wake up call.

I agree about the wake up call... cereal is a great example of needing to measure it out. My usual bowl of cereal is double the single serving.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    Options
    Mine, too..cereal serving size is so sad!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Mine, too..cereal serving size is so sad!!

Yep :/
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday to you ladies.

I'm going to have a wee rant about the forums now! I regularly participate, I enjoy giving my 10 cents, but what I do not like is someone questioning my reply on calorie burns for a certain exercise when I have the facts that yes, I do burn x no. of calories cycling and I know that because it correlates with the amount of food I'm eating per week and how my weight is doing! Sometimes you just have to let off some steam right? :smiley:

Tonight we're having our first barbeque of the season plus its my youngest sons birthday tomorrow...you know you're getting on a bit when your 'baby' is turning 24 LOL.

Yesterday afternoon was spent baking a birthday cake and prepping and making the burgers and salad for this evening. I do like to be prepared ahead of time, it makes life easier when working pretty much full time.

Have a great day and weekend - keep up the great work everyone.

Ruth <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday to you ladies.

I'm going to have a wee rant about the forums now! I regularly participate, I enjoy giving my 10 cents, but what I do not like is someone questioning my reply on calorie burns for a certain exercise when I have the facts that yes, I do burn x no. of calories cycling and I know that because it correlates with the amount of food I'm eating per week and how my weight is doing! Sometimes you just have to let off some steam right? :smiley:

Tonight we're having our first barbeque of the season plus its my youngest sons birthday tomorrow...you know you're getting on a bit when your 'baby' is turning 24 LOL.

Yesterday afternoon was spent baking a birthday cake and prepping and making the burgers and salad for this evening. I do like to be prepared ahead of time, it makes life easier when working pretty much full time.

Have a great day and weekend - keep up the great work everyone.

Ruth <3

I have been reading a lot of the message boards and I can't believe how rude some can be to others. It reminds me of New Mom Forums my daughter used to belong to. Some are so very encouraging and others are downright mean.