What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: cereal (wheat biscuits, strawberry halves, sliced banana, honey, unsweetened almond milk) and almond cherry kombucha

Lunch: Ethiopian feast- chickpea turnip stew, shiro, and kik alicha served on injera, plus fresh strawberries and more almond cherry kombucha

Lunch: tofu poke bowl (brown rice, crispy tofu, shredded carrot and zucchini, radish, jalapeno, sliced green onion, avocado, soy sauce, and gomasio), almond dark chocolate
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: can't even lie, I had leftover nachos and no regrets. And an iced moka.

Lunch: Cheesy roast potato... dish... thing? I don't know what it's called. I roasted some potato rounds and will soon layer them in a small baking dish with cheese, herbs, and grilled chicken.

Dinner: If I'm hungry (I'm having a late, heavy lunch) it'll probably be snacky stuff -- baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, sliced peppers, rolled deli turkey, etc.

I'm so glad to have my appetite back (and to not be, you know, losing what I do manage to eat). After this weekend I'm going back to sensible regular meals, but I'm giving myself two days to go ham on delicious caloric foods. I dropped more than 25 pounds in about five weeks; I certainly had it to spare, but I'm still not going to feel too broken up if I regain a pound or two between now and Monday. I am going to work to maintain the rest of the loss, though. Thank you for listening to my inane food thoughts on this, our sacred food thread.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    B- Nothing
    L- 3 meatballs with mushroom gravy, a couple pieces of baguette, and fried brussel sprouts
    D- PB&J sandwich on wheat with sour cream and onion potato chips
    S- A piece of some really good chocolate, not sure on what piece though lol
  • layanqui
    layanqui Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with banana and almonds
    Lunch: Baked salmon with horseradish yogurt sauce, boiled potatoes with herbs and a bit of butter, mixed greens dressed with garlic and lemon
    Snack: Apple with peanut butter
    Dinner: Baked shrimp taquito and spicy black bean soup topped with avocado
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    B - Eggs, sausages, coffee
    L - Bare oats w/fresh blackberries, pecans, unsweetened coconut/almond milk
    D - Beef Vesuvio w/mushrooms. Homemade/browned sliced potatoes, EVOO, parsley. Sliced mushrooms, baby peas, tiny cubed carrots, beef/homemade bone broth - 48 hr kind/wine/fresh parmesan, more parsley, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper. Can be made with chicken, chicken broth and white wine for Chicken Vesuvio
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: tofu scramble with onions, mushrooms, and red bell peppers
    Lunch: gazpacho, boca spicy "chicken" patty on bun with lettuce and mayo, banana
    Dinner: Beyond burger on bun with ketchup, mustard, onions, and lettuce, roasted butternut squash
    Snack: coconut 7 layer bar Ben and Jerry's
  • Athijade
    Options
    B- Nothing
    L- 2 eggs, 2 cups diced potatoes with peppers and onions, fruit salad
    D- Pulled pork with mustard BBQ sauce, slaw, and corn on the cob
    S- Another good piece of chocolate
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - a roll w/ butter & jelly and coffee w/ cream. Snack - iced caramel coffee Lunch - 10 piece Wendy’s chicken nuggets & Iced tea. Dinner - 2 baked chicken drumsticks, green smoothie. Snack - 2 chocolate chip cookies Not a healthy day for sure :p lol
  • nickssweetheart
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: canned chili over a baked potato with onions, banana
    Lunch: boca spicy "chicken" patty on lettuce wrap with mustard, red pepper gazpacho
    Dinner: Ethiopian style red lentils with berbere spice, injera bread, cherries
    Snack: diet dr pepper

ETA: Nothing requires actual cooking as it's all leftovers or microwaveable...perfect for our 95 degree weather!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: soft-scrambled eggs, leftover cheesy potato rounds with homemade guacamole, grape tomatoes, French press coffee.

Lunch: Morningstar patty with mustard, assorted raw vegetables, and Outshine bar (or two).

Dinner: zucchini grilled cheese sandwiches, Old Bay corn on the cob.

Snacks: popcorn and the aforementioned Outshine bars.
  • Athijade
    Options
    B- Honey and cinnamon almonds and mango Chobani
    L- Salad with mixed greens, red bell pepper, cucumber, broccoli slaw, ranch dressing, and pulled pork and a hardboiled egg
    S- Cottage cheese
    D- Pulled pork sandwich with mustard BBQ sauce, cole slaw, and corn on the cob
    S- Truffle

(BTW thanks for this... helps keep me on track!)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Shredded cabbage with peanut sauce and sriracha

Lunch: Vegetable medley stew (potatoes, red pepper, onion, mushrooms, carrots, jalapeno, cherry tomatoes, and peas), dark chocolate peanut butter cups

Dinner: Red lentil soup

Snack: Cold brew coffee with homemade hazelnut milk
  • beckyrstl
    beckyrstl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Egg & center-cut bacon on Healthy Life English muffin; apple

Lunch: Red Baron Supreme French bread pizza; grapes

Snack: Low-fat Greek yogurt

Dinner: Homemade panzanella salad (toasted bread cubes, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, red/green peppers, chicken breast w/ dressing of olive oil, red wine vinegar & Dijon mustard); strawberries; green beans

Snack: String cheese
  • layanqui
    layanqui Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with banana and almonds
    Lunch: Fainá (chickpea flatbread), mixed greens dressed with garlic and lemon
    Snack: Apple with peanut butter, homemade chai with honey
    Dinner: Spicy black bean soup topped with pickled radish, tomato salad with blue cheese and red onion
  • ariceroni
    Options
    Breakfast: cereal (wheat biscuits, strawberry halves, sliced banana, honey, unsweetened almond milk) and strawberry mojito kombucha

Lunch: tofu bowl (brown rice, sesame kale, steamed veggie blend, garlic chili tofu), two small peaches, and more strawberry mojito kombucha

Dinner: Ethiopian feast- chickpea turnip stew, shiro, and kik alicha served on injera
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    ariceroni wrote: »
    Breakfast: cereal (wheat biscuits, strawberry halves, sliced banana, honey, unsweetened almond milk) and strawberry mojito kombucha

Lunch: tofu bowl (brown rice, sesame kale, steamed veggie blend, garlic chili tofu), two small peaches, and more strawberry mojito kombucha

Dinner: Ethiopian feast- chickpea turnip stew, shiro, and kik alicha served on injera

I noticed your dinner last time you posted, and it sounds amazing. Is it from a restaurant or did you make it yourself? I have just started dipping my toe into Ethiopian cooking at home, but I buy my injera. I'm trying yekik alicha and tikil gomen next.
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - whole wheat english muffin with canadian bacon, cheddar, and egg white; cold brew coffee w/ splenda
    Snack - strawberry cheesecake greek yogurt and Monster Ultra Zero
    Lunch - Healthy Choice BBQ pork power bowl
    Dinner - Hot dog on a roll with mustard and pickles, onion pierogies with light sour cream, peas
    Dessert - Enlightened sea salt caramel bar
  • ariceroni
    Options
    @nickssweetheart I made it myself! This was my first time experimenting with Ethiopian cooking; I went to an Ethiopian restaurant a few weeks ago and decided I had to try recreating it at home. The injera was definitely the hardest to make; I didn't have the right kind of pan so I had issues with it sticking. I've been making it fresh each evening, and I've noticed it definitely has gotten better (more bubbly, better flavor) the longer I've left the batter out to ferment. Just something to keep in mind if you try making the injera at home!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: Eggs with peppers, potatoes, and topped with salsa, canned tuna
    Afternoon Snack: Sliced carrots with hummus, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
    Dinner: 2 tofurky brats on rolls topped with sourkraut
    Dessert: Not sure yet. I'll either be making a homemade cheesecake or having chilly cow ice cream
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Breakfast: chocolate protein shake and a go ahead bar.

Lunch: 2 mini wraps with quorn pepperoni, sundried tomatoes, peppers, soft cheese. A small apple, small orange, and a pack of walkers french fries.

Dinner: Spaghetti with quorn mince, mushrooms, onions, cheese.

Snack: Alpro yogurt and soya milk for tea throughout the day.