Track it, Count it, Move it & Lose it!

Options

Replies

• moodybear2003
    moodybear2003 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good weekend. We're prepping for the 4h of july festivities, I can't wait for all the yummy food. I have given myself permission to not log at the 2 parties I'm going to, but to be mindful instead. Take 1 instead of 2 or 3 helpings, evaluate my hunger before going back.

I'm not a big drinker, but my in-law's family does a lot of jello shots (SIL literally has a fridge in her garage and fills baking trays with them. I think she makes hundreds, but she invites a lot of people) I need to be mindful of how many I take, and I'll probably let myself have one hard cider as well. Then water water water to re-hydrate!! Going in with a plan makes me feel empowered.

The second party is a different day at our house, it'll just be my mom and sisters. It will be easy to stay in line, we're not going crazy with food or dessert. My sister is gluten free on doctor's orders (they are trying to discover what's ailing her by trying different diets), so I'll be making GF strawberry shortcake and also serving fruit salad for dessert.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone had a good weekend. We're prepping for the 4h of july festivities, I can't wait for all the yummy food. I have given myself permission to not log at the 2 parties I'm going to, but to be mindful instead. Take 1 instead of 2 or 3 helpings, evaluate my hunger before going back.

I'm not a big drinker, but my in-law's family does a lot of jello shots (SIL literally has a fridge in her garage and fills baking trays with them. I think she makes hundreds, but she invites a lot of people) I need to be mindful of how many I take, and I'll probably let myself have one hard cider as well. Then water water water to re-hydrate!! Going in with a plan makes me feel empowered.

The second party is a different day at our house, it'll just be my mom and sisters. It will be easy to stay in line, we're not going crazy with food or dessert. My sister is gluten free on doctor's orders (they are trying to discover what's ailing her by trying different diets), so I'll be making GF strawberry shortcake and also serving fruit salad for dessert.

I like your plan! Mindfulness is your key to keep everything under control.
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Monday. <3
  • jm216
    Options
    I was not mindful this weekend, unfortunately....and the scale shows it! Tonight for dinner I'll be enjoying a large healthy salad. It's too hot for anything else.

How are you feeling heading into the July 4th holiday?
  • moodybear2003
    Options
    I think I'm in the middle of a Whoosh. Lost 2.2 in 3 days. I hit 20 pounds lost!!!! My reward for this is a funny workout tank top. It says "I lift so I can carry more books" I work in a library and am a big nerd, so it's very appropriate!
  • Silhouette_man
    Silhouette_man Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Is this thread open to men?
  • MrsWaldo99
    MrsWaldo99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    I was not mindful this weekend, unfortunately....and the scale shows it! Tonight for dinner I'll be enjoying a large healthy salad. It's too hot for anything else.

I was not mindful this past weekend either in fact I did horrible!! I did however join a gym yesterday and I have a trainer and I am more determined than ever to get this weight off!!
  • cassiebajjey
    cassiebajjey Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options

GURL I am with you on the family drinking habits. My one side of the family can't celebrate Christmas morning without a jello shot or glass of mimosa.. It's hard to stay on track when you're being mocked but I prefer skipping the empty calories!
  • moodybear2003
    Options
    GURL I am with you on the family drinking habits. My one side of the family can't celebrate Christmas morning without a jello shot or glass of mimosa.. It's hard to stay on track when you're being mocked but I prefer skipping the empty calories!

Like she brings around the trays like a waitress, we grab one of each color of the rainbow. The party is huge, they spent hundreds, if not more... on fireworks. It's the only party they throw each year, so they go all out. All the other holidays, its much more reserved and less booze.
  • Layd33di
    Layd33di Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's a good plan! I will need to do the same :s ... People always have loads of goodies during these little gatherings. I've realized, for me especially, that keepin' yourself accountable is definitely key!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend, my plan for Sunday and Monday was able to stay within maintenance calorie goals and I was able to accomplish that. Back at it today to try to have 150 calories left at the end of the day. The scale has stalled on me and I need to do something to get it going.
  • jm216
    Options
    I think I'm in the middle of a Whoosh. Lost 2.2 in 3 days. I hit 20 pounds lost!!!! My reward for this is a funny workout tank top. It says "I lift so I can carry more books" I work in a library and am a big nerd, so it's very appropriate!

Congrats on the big woosh! Embrace your awesome nerdness....I am also a giant nerd!
  • jm216
    Options
    Is this thread open to men?

Yes. We welcome and encourage everyone to join!
  • jm216
    Options
    MrsWaldo99 wrote: »

I was not mindful this past weekend either in fact I did horrible!! I did however join a gym yesterday and I have a trainer and I am more determined than ever to get this weight off!!

Way to make it a turning point in the right direction! We're all here for you.
  • jm216
    Options

Way to stick to your guns!
  • jm216
    Options
    I had a great weekend, my plan for Sunday and Monday was able to stay within maintenance calorie goals and I was able to accomplish that. Back at it today to try to have 150 calories left at the end of the day. The scale has stalled on me and I need to do something to get it going.

Sounds like you need a one-woman dance party to get things going! :D When I start dancing, my kids go running from the room!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options

Sounds like you need a one-woman dance party to get things going! :D When I start dancing, my kids go running from the room!

Do you do You Tube videos or do you have DVD's? Maybe that will up my motivation a bit. I used to have a Wii and had an ABBA dance game I loved. I don't have a Wii anymore though and am finding myself struggle with exercising. I too easily brush it off. I think another reason is that I don't have a room I can go do it in without being seen. My husband goes to bed at 9 every night, but by then I'm tired too.

How is that for whining and making excuses?
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Five years ago we were camping with, our daughter, Sarah’s family over the fourth holiday. It was a lovely little park on a lake nearby and we had a wonderful time until the day of the fourth when two accidents occurred. Early in the day our son-in-law, Kris, was teaching their older son, Isaac, about axe safety, but not sufficiently to keep Kris’s hand getting chopped, leading to the first emergency room visit of the day. Upon return with a few stitches, I prepared for a bike ride and didn’t even get started before having a significant fall splitting my kneecap to the bone for about three inches and knocking my head seriously. A reduction in weight and my husband Larry’s serious biking efforts of late have caused me to consider trying the bicycle riding again. He bought me a beautiful used bicycle several weeks ago, but once he got it cleaned up it has taken me until today to get the courage to give it a try. With my coach in tow we hit the tucker creek trail this morning to try it out. No crashes, no Achilles pain from my current injury, and the promise I’ll once again think it fun after I restore confidence. It has only now hit me that was exactly five years ago and the sweetness of restoring health. God is good! Happy fourth!

No. photos of today's adventure, but here, enjoy this one.

jzstlw5nw2lu.jpg

and, another.

yntws5fz4mxj.jpg
  • fitgirlcookie
    fitgirlcookie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am getting close to gaining all my weight back. About 5 years ago I lost 95lbs and since then life has come and thrown 60-70lbs of that back on. I want to get back on track but use excuses and am so over it! Would love more friends on here to really interact with and feel motivated by. Trying to start a family and would like to do so with a healthier mindset.
  • MrsWaldo99
    MrsWaldo99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am getting close to gaining all my weight back. About 5 years ago I lost 95lbs and since then life has come and thrown 60-70lbs of that back on. I want to get back on track but use excuses and am so over it! Would love more friends on here to really interact with and feel motivated by. Trying to start a family and would like to do so with a healthier mindset.

I am in the exact same boat that you are in. I lost 50 lbs in 2013 & have put all but 4.5 lbs back on 😔
    I joined a gym on Monday & have an awesome trainer. So far so good but the real challenge for me is going to happen when the weekend comes. This group has been great for me & the friends I have made on here are amazing!! I/we are here for you!! You got this!!