WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2018

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Re in TX: It is good to see you posting here. :flowerforyou:

Pip: I'm guessing that you're a top employee. I hope they let you know that you're valued. Too many businesses don't do a good job with that. :flowerforyou:

Our dog goes to the groomer today, and I'm going to walk him up there. We jsut have him combed out and his nails done. DH will pick him up after he's been groomed. It isn't a long walk but it is long enough to get my metabolism kicked into gear.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

to them, no, i take too long and thats due to being detail oriented which is what slows me down. so i am lowering my expectations to meet theirs which has speeded me up a bit... i have only had one time where i was off in all the time i've been here and thats when i broke my shoulder. other than that, its been planned/scheduled days off
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Kate UK- I, personally, am not offended by the balloon. I figure, other countries are going to call it like they see it. And I LOVE that about other countries. A different perspective is a good thing. For everybody. And every overinflated ego. that's all I will say (politically)! <3 KJ
    I was brought up to believe that any peaceful non violent protest was the highest form of political speech and that I was blessed to be born into a country where that was a protected right. Is what Kate refers to disrespectful of that individual? Yes, but I’m sure the point was to demonstrate their lack of respect for that individual. I treasure all countries that allow and protect such peaceful forms of protest in their systems and laws.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Michele--Yes I guess I mean bisq. My DGD wants to do a unicorn and this place didn't have one. I was surprised how differnent some of the colors came out after they were fired. It was fun and want to do it again, only drive to Kearney and try that place out.

Barbie--What a good friend you are. and I pray that all goes well and tests come back clean.

Machka--HUGS!!!!
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kate UK It's better to be disgusted by an offensive message than it is to quash expression of the offensive message. I applaud Freedom of Speech and the countries who protect it. It is one of our most important rights.
  • Tweenerqueen
    Tweenerqueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, new to My Fitness Pal. Only here two days and still figuring things out. I would love to lose 60 pounds and then go from there. My goal the first month is 5 pounds, I want to do this right, slowly so I don't put it back on. I'm incorporating the Plexus with this site and It's going pretty good. I started Plexus over 2 weeks ago and loving it. I look forward to our conversations and comments.
    Tweenerqueen

• sea4mee8915
    sea4mee8915 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Barbie, I’m also from beautiful NW WA, and in my 60’s!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Ughhh dreading taking exam tomorrow and a lawyer appointment tomorrow afternoon. My friends wake is tomorrow afternoon but I have already promised my son and granddaughter that I would take them up to a comicon thing in Hartford...I am stressing and have to just calm down but boy it just comes in waves.....like Kim said would love love a vacation but can't afford to...
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Thank you Margaret and Cathy and everyone else eating lower carb for sharing your stories. I used to think that to be successful with it, a person needs to do Atkins, but good to know that even cutting out added sugar and simple starches helps immensely.

My doc visit yesterday went well - fasting blood sugar was high when I took it first thing in the morning - 10 hr since last meal - but had blood drawn at 16 hours of no food so it had better be under 100, lol. She is testing the A1C to see if my sugar and cookie binges have really zapped me.

A good thing - I asked her if losing 5 lbs of belly fat would help the situation, since I'm at the top of the BMI for my height. She said since I do strength training and have been building muscle, the BMI isn't that accurate in my case. And it's good I'm building muscle because that's what burns glucose.

When I was out doing my Strong Women Stay Young this morning, I thought about that a lot and marveled that 20 minutes three times a week has had such a good impact on my health.

Mary - glad your daughter is getting better...whew!

Kate, appreciate your good thoughts about the US and your respect for the position of President. No matter who is in office, there will always be protestors. Seems our parents generation, and our own to some extent, remember what was at stake during WWII.

I found out the hard way to keep my opinions of whoever is in office to close friends. :s History has been good at making me look foolish for the past few decades, lol. I now say there's always something going on behind the scenes when the bigwigs get together and I believe in prayer! How's that for bending the rule of about discussing politics and religion all in one paragraph? B)

Wendy - love those horse pictures and wish I could be on the beach with you, my favorite place to be in the winter. Also you have the perfect eating plan for you - isn't that great? I always enjoy hearing what you are eating. Glad you got the doc to order progesterone cream, I've read Lee's book and was actually using progesterone (Emerita) during the final years before menopause. Did it help? Not sure, possibly, but my symptoms could have been much worse so I think it did.

Rebecca - I liked hearing about your walk in Oak Harbor, such a neat town! Getting to know everyone. Hopefully your DH will relax when you are out enjoying yourself and making friends. And $6!! Do you ever hear anything about your neighbor back in Oregon? I think it was Prudence? Didn't she end up in assisted living? Stretching my brain here, lol.

Barbie - you were such an angel to take your friend to the hospital like that. o:) You are on the move so much during the day, I'll bet you did get antsy! Hope she's OK.

Lisa - love your blog this morning, so informative!!! Hopefully not closing on a house for a long, long time but I'm saving this information just in case. Did anyone ever tell you that you should be a writer? LOL <3

Heather - good job with the continuing cleanout! Hope the boiler man makes it soon. Sorry to hear about your DH's friend, what a nice gesture to write a letter to his wife. Hugs all around.

OK better close now and get something done.

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State where the temperature is climbing...

It was a fun day! Nope I have not heard from Prudence. The letter I sent came back as no one by that name at her address.😕 I hope she is in one of the assisted living places in Astoria, or Seaside👍.
    Your brain stretched just fine friend!
    Love
    Rebecca
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    On Political Issues: I feel that many of you ladies have made your beliefs known in very subtle but still informative ways that allow anyone reading to understand how you feel. I thought that political issues were to be omitted here but see that that is not the case.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    wendy. So sorry your daughter is struggling again. But so good that you can help and support her with your presence

Allie one question at a time, one step at a time, you’ve got this.

Barbie. Glad you were able to get your activity level back to your comfort zone!

Heat wave coming back, but am staying on track with my July goals so far.

NYKAREN
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    On Political Issues: I feel that many of you ladies have made your beliefs known in very subtle but still informative ways that allow anyone reading to understand how you feel. I thought that political issues were to be omitted here but see that that is not the case.

Well said <3 I also wanted to make a remark but...
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn’t get too political, I have enough of that on my Facebook with my FIL. Lol