• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    July so far ...

Sunday, 1 July 2018 ... 21.08 km cycling indoors (Zwift)
    Monday, 2 July 2018 ... 12.87 km cycling indoors (Zwift)
    Tuesday, 3 July 2018 ... 1.8 km walking + 4 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 4 July 2018 ... 2.3 km walking + 6 flights of stairs
    Thursday, 5 July 2018 ... 2.3 km walking + 4 flights of stairs + 13.41 km cycling indoors (Zwift)
    Friday, 6 July 2018 ... 1.8 km walking + 6 flights of stairs
    Saturday, 7 July 2018 ... 0.5 km walking + 30.23 km cycling indoors (Zwift)
    Sunday, 8 July 2018 ... 16.65 km cycling indoors (Zwift)
    Monday, 9 July 2018 ... 1.9 km walking + 12.50 km cycling indoors (Zwift) + 4 flights of stairs
    Tuesday, 10 July 2018 ... 2 km walking + 4 flights of stairs
    Wednesday, 11 July 2018 ... 3.3 km walking + 10.20 km cycling indoors (Zwift) + 4 flights of stairs
    Thursday, 12 July 2018 ... 1.8 km walking + 4 flights of stairs
    Friday, 13 July 2018 ... 2.2 km walking + 4 flights of stairs

2017 Monthly July
    2017 Monthly July
    Walking Distance (km): 19.9
    Walking Time (min): 248.8
    Cycling Distance (km): 116.9
    Cycling Time (min): 297.5
    Stairs Climbed Number: 40.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 32.0

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 136.8
    Total Distance (miles): 85.0
    Total Time (min): 578.2
    Total Time (hr): 9:38:13

Tired this month.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Ok, talk to me about kumbucha. I know some of you drink it regularly. I had a coupon for $1.50 off, so I bought one pineapple peach flavored one to try. How much do you drink in a day? What exactly is it good for! I had six ounces with breakfast. It .......... wasn’t bad. It was expensive, even with the coupon. I just bought the one, in case it was yukky, but I think I could swing it if the benefits are worth it. I had just never heard of it until I heard it mentioned on here.

I’d love to know too! I have tried it and loved it- but it was too expensive to buy a bottle often and I figured if several ounces and daily were necessary that it was something out of my budget. Since my job went full time we have a tiny bit more wiggle room in the budget so I also would be interested in knowing.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo, Lucky for me Friday the 13th. Wii announced fewer lbs this morning. Only updated a little less than half the reported reduction. Woo HOO!

Meg ((hugs)) panic attacks are so debilitating. Hope Max is not in pain. :sad:
    Rita That RV ranch looks very appealing, I'd have been tempted to stay longer... ;}
    Gamelia 20K steps ConVERYgrats! You're right up there with Barbie!
    Margaret power of attorney does give pause. Even trusting Joe with such like gives me a wobble, sometimes our views are VERY different. LOVE (and covet) the pool and murals!
    pip so very glad at least your bosses wife does the right thing. Ride ON!
    Allie so sorry the test was so rough. Last week at dog group a gal told about a Portland? school that had CGC certified dogs at the school gym on test days. The kids got to pet the dogs before the tests. Significantly improved both test attendance and results. Could you sneak Alfie in to the next test?
    Rebecca a lot of us have been just mentally or physically off this month. The good news is that we can climb back on the next minute.

ACK! Only up to pg 36. Will have to skip meditating/knee exercises AGAIN and fly through shower to T'ai Chi.

Relish the moment!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 10/12, meditate 7/12, walk one more step 6/12, knee exercises 7/12, walk Tumble 8/8 times, SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0/1
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    I have been enjoying all of the pics of grandchildren, proposals, weddings, horses, kitties and puppies,new places every one is visiting, etc. I kind of feel like I have also been in a kind of "funk" this week; but I think it is just the funk of being too busy to think about anything. I have a list of things that have had to get done and it will all be done by tonight. I will have a few things that I will need to work on while DD is here; but she has a busy schedule planned with catching up with friends and relatives, so I will have some time to myself. I am a bit ambivalent about how much time she is spending with SO many of her friends. It is, in general, only about 36 hours total out of our visit, but I am feeling like a spoiled child who doesn't want to share. I am breathing and not going to complain to her. She has set aside two full days when it will be just us. lol Maybe she will meet with her friends and leave Joaquin with me... Am I the biggest spoiled baby, or WHAT?!

Well, on with the day! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Not a baby, a very human person who is looking forward to time with her family. You should suggest that you would happily watch Joaquin when she visits friends. She might be happy to take you up on the offer where she might have been reluctant to ask due to your job being taking care of so many youngsters.

You make sure to take care of yourself! Hugs
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Katie and Rye I drink Kombucha for the probiotics like I eat plain yogurt for the same reason. I just drink a small glass with a meal. I drink it in a wine glass. A bottle lasts me one to two days. I agree it is pricey. Then so is a bag of chips. The current theory is probiotics are good for your gut along with eating fruits and veggies to help the beneficial bacteria grow. You can make your own. I have not tried that thus far. It uses the sugar from fruit juice or cane sugar to ferment, so most if not all the sugar is turned into healthful bacteria. They say there is a trace amount of alcohol in it so if alcohol is a problem for you use with caution.

I started about two years ago drinking it. I did notice I have few colds and infections when I started drinking it. It is subjective on my part. Some brands will add Stevia to make it sweeter and or carbonate it to make it more appealing. I do not mind the carbonation. Although I learned not to store it in the door of the refrigerator because it fizzed over. I do not care for Stevia so I stay clear of those brands. My favorites are Gingerberry and Gingeraide.

:heart: Margaret
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Had a much better day today.
    I've typed out my speech for tomorrow in BIG letters, so I won't have to wear my reading glasses. :embarassed: It's not word for word, but I should be able to fill in the gaps. Part of me is really scared of doing it and another part is pleased and excited. It's probably one of the reasons I've been feeling off.
    Also printed off instructions on how to get there.
    Hope my son can make it with Max and Edie.
    Printed my Amazon deposits in my bank account for the tax man.

This afternoon I've done 200 calories of recumbent bike while watching TV. :D

Salmon tonight with some of those zucchini and tomatoes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Thanks Margaret and Carol for the info on kumbucha. I think I will pick up a few bottles a week and give it a try. Maybe pretend it is a before dinner drink and put it in a wine glass as you suggested. Lol. Good point about the cost being similar to a bag of chips. I think I would like the ginger flavor, too. The peach pineapple is not bad either.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Everyone meeting family, just enjoy each moment. Not having my family accessible makes me appreciate them all the more. Having no friends here, makes me unsettled. Husband and I need to get out more, and I need to get in situations where I can meet people. This house, though, is quite my safe haven, and I am a happy homebody. Which isn't a bad thing. My singing at the shops this week was my first baby step, in making my mark on this island.

Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

Rebecca, you are living where I'd love to retire! I love the entire area and dream of having to take a ferry to get somewhere. I love fog, and rain, and wind. Maybe that's due to living through so many droughts here in N. CA. I also find the "tropical beach" thing boring. I like crashing waves and rocks.

It takes time to meet new people, and at our age, quite a bit of effort. Taking your walks to town is a fantastic start. I'd take a pottery class, or maybe a glass making thing (thinking of your glass beads). You could also check out a Meetup group for an interest you have like reading, hiking, etc.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Katla sorry about the glasses.
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Thanks for the link.

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Blessings Vicki GI NE <3
  • sherndon0518
    sherndon0518 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello friends~ I started my "journey" July 1st and I have been very focused. 1600 cals. per day, tracking macros, 30 minutes (minimum) of exercise 5-6 days per week but I am only down a pound as of this morning. I know, I know, I am expecting miracles, LOL. I am 54 years young and in the throws of the big "M", just curious if any of you out there are in the same situation as me. I am not discouraged as I know this is a journey. Come August 1st I am hoping to see a total of 4-5 pound loss. Looking to connect with folks like me.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Well my granddaughter and I are in the kid zone and I'm sitting for awhile ..she is right now making pixel art,but getting lots of pictures of characters she likes,alot of people dress up for this stuff.Dan down in line waiting to meet one of the voice over artists.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Everyone meeting family, just enjoy each moment. Not having my family accessible makes me appreciate them all the more. Having no friends here, makes me unsettled. Husband and I need to get out more, and I need to get in situations where I can meet people. This house, though, is quite my safe haven, and I am a happy homebody. Which isn't a bad thing. My singing at the shops this week was my first baby step, in making my mark on this island.

Hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

Rebecca, you are living where I'd love to retire! I love the entire area and dream of having to take a ferry to get somewhere. I love fog, and rain, and wind. Maybe that's due to living through so many droughts here in N. CA. I also find the "tropical beach" thing boring. I like crashing waves and rocks.

It takes time to meet new people, and at our age, quite a bit of effort. Taking your walks to town is a fantastic start. I'd take a pottery class, or maybe a glass making thing (thinking of your glass beads). You could also check out a Meetup group for an interest you have like reading, hiking, etc.

You are so right, I takes time, and some creative effort on my part. Maybe I might start to attend TOPS again. Or I could be brave and attend a rock painting party. Its hard to put your foot into established groups of friends. I tend to be the clown, when I'm uneasy.

Right now I need to get thru my surgery this Tuesday smoothly. Time to be brave!

I like dramatic waves, its pure nature rearing its majestic head, and I respect it so much!
    Love
    Rebecca