New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    uh8eypmr30l7.png

Friendly's is celebrating their 83rd anniversary by giving out .83 cent small cones Wednesday July 18th, Idk how many people still have them around but I do have one in town so sharing the info

Thanks for posting this! I’m on family vacation, and we bought ten of these! Perfect follow up to lunch.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    uh8eypmr30l7.png

Friendly's is celebrating their 83rd anniversary by giving out .83 cent small cones Wednesday July 18th, Idk how many people still have them around but I do have one in town so sharing the info

Thanks for posting this! I’m on family vacation, and we bought ten of these! Perfect follow up to lunch.

Your welcome ! Enjoy your vacation!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    0h10a1t51a8x.jpeg
    7ejqeapa7mgu.jpeg

Enlightened recently rebranded their marshmallow bars under a new name — cloud10. What do you think? (Before vs. after)

I think it's a genius way to make me fall into the same trap of buying a couple flavors thinking I'll like them because they're by a different company... only to find out they're the same flavorless treats they sold me the first time. >.> To be fair, they're the Arctic Zero frozen dairy dessert of the protein crispy treats, and there's always worse... the Wink version would be The Dough Bar's version. I love their doughnuts, but they should stay far, far away from the crispy treat market!
    kaygold wrote: »
    I found the new archer farms protein ice creams and quest pizzas today! Bought one of each flavor of ice cream except the cookie dough (OOS) , and one pepperoni and cheese quest pizza; bummed my target didn’t have the supreme yet :/

Do NOT sleep on the archer ice cream you guys! I tried the chocolate peanut butter and mini donut tonight. I’m a peanut butter snob, and archer farms crushed halo top AND enlightened for the chocolate peanut butter!! SO GOOD!! Peanut butter swirls all throughout, and no bitterness to the chocolate base. The mini donut base was delicious, and there was quite a good amount of donut mix ins. The texture of both pints was wayyyyy creamier than halo top in my opinion, and less dense than enlightened. These are the closest to real ice cream via the protein ice cream phase I have tried so far- RUN to every target if you have to, but get these; you won’t regret it.

Do the pints have stevia in it? The two others who didn't like the Archer Farms Mini Donut flavor might have picked up on the bitterness of the stevia, if so. In that case, I might not like it either. Some people don't seem to get that bitter flavor from stevia and love it (some Halo Top pints use way too much of it in my opinion but others adore them), so I'm sort of hoping that's not the case here... because I love erythritol and have high hopes still!

You also sold me on the peanut butter pint, because Halo Top's was underwhelming but Enlightened's is still my favorite low calorie ice cream tied with Halo Top's caramel macchiato pint! I NEED to buy this ASAP... maybe tomorrow if I'm able to make it out! Did you have to let them thaw at all?
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Do the pints have stevia in it? The two others who didn't like the Archer Farms Mini Donut flavor might have picked up on the bitterness of the stevia, if so. In that case, I might not like it either. Some people don't seem to get that bitter flavor from stevia and love it (some Halo Top pints use way too much of it in my opinion but others adore them), so I'm sort of hoping that's not the case here... because I love erythritol and have high hopes still!

You also sold me on the peanut butter pint, because Halo Top's was underwhelming but Enlightened's is still my favorite low calorie ice cream tied with Halo Top's caramel macchiato pint! I NEED to buy this ASAP... maybe tomorrow if I'm able to make it out! Did you have to let them thaw at all?

7nsa7uj301hm.jpg

Here's the ingredient list for the Archer Farms mini donut. No stevia listed, so my best guess was that the funky taste was from the erythritol. I grabbed a few of the other flavors, so I'll have to try them out to see if they have the same sugar alcohol taste. As far as texture goes, I let mine sit out for a while and it was pretty perfect! Texture-wise they're right on par with Enlightened in my book.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    0h10a1t51a8x.jpeg
    7ejqeapa7mgu.jpeg

Enlightened recently rebranded their marshmallow bars under a new name — cloud10. What do you think? (Before vs. after)

If I end up with a coupon for a free one, I'll try them. I sent them feedback about the original formula and got a coupon for a free pint of ice cream, which was cool, lol.

Tried Enlightened Glazed Donut and didn't really enjoy it. The base tasted like overly-sweet vanilla buttercream frosting.

Ended up tossing the Salted Caramel Crunch one - which I NEVER do - again because of the overly-sweet.

It's looking like chocolate base is my best bet.

~Lyssa
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    So I should be getting a $5 reward to GNC once my profile is completed (technical difficulties so it's taking time). Any recommendations? I really liked the Bang Cotton Candy...any other good flavors? Or low calorie protein bar ideas?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    So I should be getting a $5 reward to GNC once my profile is completed (technical difficulties so it's taking time). Any recommendations? I really liked the Bang Cotton Candy...any other good flavors? Or low calorie protein bar ideas?

Are they giving away 5 for new accounts??!?
  • kieraarielle
    kieraarielle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    0h10a1t51a8x.jpeg
    7ejqeapa7mgu.jpeg

Guys, I tried a sample of the cloud10 and it was AMAZING. completely different formula than the brick-like stuff from before. these are really soft, almost melty in a way. they break apart super easily.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Clif Zbars changed the formula. The calories are now 140-150 per bad (used to be 110 then changed to 120-130 now again). They are really much more chewy and moist now and I don't like it. I liked how they were drier before. and not as "doughy". When you hold them out, they flop over. The consistency is just off now. Too bad because I loved these bars before. They used to have more of a cookie like texture. :/81QDMihFvJL._SL1500_.jpg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    mhzf4302toun.jpeg

😛❤️🙏🏼
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    macgurlnet wrote: »
    0h10a1t51a8x.jpeg
    7ejqeapa7mgu.jpeg

If I end up with a coupon for a free one, I'll try them. I sent them feedback about the original formula and got a coupon for a free pint of ice cream, which was cool, lol.

Tried Enlightened Glazed Donut and didn't really enjoy it. The base tasted like overly-sweet vanilla buttercream frosting.

Ended up tossing the Salted Caramel Crunch one - which I NEVER do - again because of the overly-sweet.

It's looking like chocolate base is my best bet.

~Lyssa

I really enjoyed the glazed donut one. I hated the salted caramel too, too sweet for me. The oatmeal cookie is too sweet for me too which is a real bummer.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    mhzf4302toun.jpeg

😛❤️🙏🏼

Did you write them to get this ? Can’t wait to see what you think! Still want to know what other things they have coming you mentioned ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Clif Zbars changed the formula. The calories are now 140-150 per bad (used to be 110 then changed to 120-130 now again). They are really much more chewy and moist now and I don't like it. I liked how they were drier before. and not as "doughy". When you hold them out, they flop over. The consistency is just off now. Too bad because I loved these bars before. They used to have more of a cookie like texture. :/81QDMihFvJL._SL1500_.jpg

Oh gosh, please ignore all the typos in this..... LOL. That's what I get for trying to post using speak text on my phone and now it's too late to edit.

Tried the sunflower and peanut. They were nothing special and I wouldn't eat again. Very boring. fn7u8f7u88i9.png

• vnb_208
    Options

Oh gosh, please ignore all the typos in this..... LOL. That's what I get for trying to post using speak text on my phone and now it's too late to edit.

My daughter and I love the Z bars the oatmeal and brownie are my favs
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

I loved for years too! The chocolate brownie and chocolate chip and s'mores were my favorite. I loved the honey graham before they discontinued it too. I wonder if you've had the new ones because I am not a fan of the new change. Just noticed the change in my new boxes I got today. I like how they used to be more like a soft baked cookie, now the texture is different.
  • vnb_208
    Options

I loved for years too! The chocolate brownie and chocolate chip and s'mores were my favorite. I loved the honey graham before they discontinued it too. I wonder if you've had the new ones because I am not a fan of the new change. Just noticed the change in my new boxes I got today. I like how they used to be more like a soft baked cookie, now the texture is different.

I was going to pickup a box because they are one sale but you have me thinking twice. I could sure go for the oatmeal cookie bar with a glass of almond milk right now.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

I like most of the Bang flavors. The only ones I hate are cotton candy, pear guava and peach tea. Lately I've been drinking a lot of Lemon Drop, Champagne and Purple Haze.

GNC isn't really known for their protein bar selection. Vitamin Shoppe has a better variety. You could see if they have Quest Chips (sour cream was good). Or sometimes you'll be able to find things like protein popcorn or protein Mac and cheese.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

I was going to pickup a box because they are one sale but you have me thinking twice. I could sure go for the oatmeal cookie bar with a glass of almond milk right now.

I just had a chocolate brownie and it tasted the same. Hoping it was just the melting and resolidifying in the hot weather that did something. I wrote to them to ask if they changed the formula so I'll let you know.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever try these? v57p74qc1gt5.png
    EDIT: I came across on instagram then googled them and found out they are only in Australia :(.

I've had them.... They're OK. I love salted caramel, and didn't think the salted caramel half was salty enough. I love caramel and would have preferred more caramel :)

A food swap would be so awesome.... The US has so many things we don't get (although we did just get caramel M&m's!)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options

Are they giving away 5 for new accounts??!?

Seems so! I just started the process, but that's what my screen says.