TEAM BLUE- SAHM 60 day challenge....yay!

Options

Replies

• NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I hope everyone is doing well. There was a change in the food challenge after some people weren't very happy with the give something up challenge. If you have already givin something up, you will recieve your point. I had posted this on the main thread but I want to make sure everyone saw it.

Food Challenge: Desert Recipe (Yummy!!)
    Each person submit a recipe to your Team Thread then Teams submit ONE Desert recipe to the main thread that you all agree could win by Monday.
    Tuesday we will take a vote and there will be a winner by Wednesday and I will post that point along with the weight loss point.

I know it is kind of late, I meant to do this on Friday but I got busy with family, so again if you have already done the original challenge it will count for your point.
    Karie
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Can you all fill in the blanks so I can add to the spreadsheet......not everyone is using this and it is hard to go thry all the pages to try to calculate what everyone weighed each week....thanks all!

Starting MFP Weight
    Starting SAHMU Weight
    Week 1 Weight
    Week 2 Weight
    Week 3 Weight
    Week 4 Weight
  • poesch77
    Options
    Emotional Challenge: Someone in your life that has contributed to your weight gain....how will this change once you love yourself....

I guess for me, since I had a weight problem off and on my whole life.....my non exsistant relationship with my biological father. Food was something I could control.....I love food! I can't really blame anyone for getting fat but having something (food) in my life that I enjoyed so much and could have whenever I wanted. This will not ever change. I might never be happy with myself. Not sure what kind of person I will be once I get to where I want to be either!
  • JwlzBoatie
    JwlzBoatie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hey girls!! just wanted to stop in and say that i have no forgotten you at all..just spent the weekend preparing for my little ones first day of school tomorrow!! How exciting?! I will post my updated info tomorrow i promise..no worries im staying on track!! hope you all had a great weekend! talk to you guys tomorrow~Oh yes Melanie, im glad you are staying posistive..tendonitis, from what i hear, is very painful but keep in mind you are a very strong woman and you have a few friends in here that are willing offer encouragment and strnegth whenever you need it! HUGS!!!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have done a recap on the challenges and point system for each week for everyone here is the link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/102LC_kOsa1CIiwupmuRu4A1t1Dljz_tK_zo7P07JluA/edit?hl=en_US
  • mlpaint
    mlpaint Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    hey girls!! just wanted to stop in and say that i have no forgotten you at all..just spent the weekend preparing for my little ones first day of school tomorrow!! How exciting?! I will post my updated info tomorrow i promise..no worries im staying on track!! hope you all had a great weekend! talk to you guys tomorrow~Oh yes Melanie, im glad you are staying posistive..tendonitis, from what i hear, is very painful but keep in mind you are a very strong woman and you have a few friends in here that are willing offer encouragment and strnegth whenever you need it! HUGS!!!

She is going to do amazing at school! I bet she will make a ton of new friends :)

Thank you so much for the encouragement! My foot feels a TON better! I am going to try and step up my cardio today and see how it goes. Im not going to do the shred but maybe toss in a few jumping jacks and jump rope this afternoon when I do my stepups (I've been doing them on my stairs lol).
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge: Someone in your life that has contributed to your weight gain....how will this change once you love yourself....

I guess for me, it wasn't someone but a life event that did it. I was 16 before I had truly experienced death. My grandfather passed when I was 16 after a 2 year battle with lung cancer. Then 11 months later, my dad passed very suddenly. So in 11 months, I lost 2 of the most amazing people in my life. I had just come to terms with my grandfathers death and BAM got hit again. I think that was too much for me..
  • mlpaint
    Options

I can't really blame anyone in my adult life because I've known all along that my food choices and lifestyle were bad. As a child I would have to place that blame on my mother. Almost every thing we ate came out of a box and RARELY did we ever have actual meals together. It was always "fend for yourself". My sister and I just ate what was easiest to make and that was highly processed foods. We also RARELY had produce in the house so I never learned to cook with veggies. Diet soda was a staple in the house and my mother would drink a 12 pack in 2 days. Last year she drove up for my son's first birthday and brought 5 12 packs of diet pepsi with her just for a 3 day weekend... I became pretty addicted to diet soda and would drink nothing but. I am now on week 2 of being soda free though!

Now my mother is severely obese and her doctors have told her that she is going to eat herself to death if she keeps this up. She is gaining around 8lbs a month.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Food Challenge: Desert Recipe (Yummy!!)
    Each person submit a recipe to your Team Thread then Teams submit ONE Desert recipe to the main thread that you all agree could win by Monday.
    Tuesday we will take a vote and there will be a winner by Wednesday and I will post that point along with the weight loss point.

I am not a big dessert eater or maker but this recipe is a cinch!!

One box of yellow cake mix
    Fruit of your choice

Make up cake mix normally then top with fruit.......rhubarb or strawberries are the best (frozen or non) but I have tried it with pineapples too....the choices are endless! Bake cake in oven as directions state.....let cool and top with cool whip or ice cream. Perfect summer dessert and SOOOO easy...just how I like it!
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Food Challenge: Dessert Recipe - From Skinnytaste.com

Skinny Low-fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 12 • Size: 2 cookies • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 170.7 • Fat: 5.0 g • Protein: 1.4 g • Carb: 34.5 g • Fiber: 1.4 g • Sugar: 25.4 g
    Sodium: 113.1 mg

Ingredients:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 tbsp butter, melted
    1 egg white
    2 tbsp apple sauce
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1/2 cup all purpose flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsn salt
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with non-stick silicone baking liners such as Silpats (I highly recommend for best results) or lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to blend. In another bowl, whisk the sugars, butter, egg white, applesauce and vanilla together until light and fluffy.

Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Drop by level spoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.

Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them stand 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks.
    Makes 2 dozen cookies.
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:

I have nobody to blame for my weight gain. A lot of my weight is from both of my 2 pregnancies. Can I blame my kids??? LOL! With my first I didnt lose the last 10lbs of the weight and then with my second I didnt lose the last 15 pounds. The left over weight is just from me eating out all the time and not getting any kind of exercise in.

As of this week I know I am not going to lose any weight.. Sorry ladies... I jumped off the wagon at full speed. This weekend was our anniversary. We went to Pappadeaux and just the meal itself was my day's worth of calories + more.. That is not including the liquor or beer we had. We drank quite a bit. Then I didnt have time to get any exercise in either. So I majorly effed up this week. But I am proud to say I am back on the wagon and ready to be back on track.
  • poesch77
    Options
    Jennifer....its all good!! I am scared for weighin....was awful friday and saturday...plus went out with my bestie saturday nite and had one too many shots!! Detoxing all processed foods til weighin!!
  • mlpaint
    Options
    Desert recipe challenge:

Raspberry-Banana Mousse (Serves 6)
    Yield: 6 Servings
    1 ea 10 1/2 oz pkg lite silken-- tofu, extra firm*
    1 md banana, chopped
    1 c Frozen raspberries 1/3 c Maple syrup
    2 tb Lemon juice
    1 ts Vanilla extract
    3/4 c Fresh raspberries, garnish

Place 2 qt. metal bowl in the freezer.

In food processor blend tofu until smooth and creamy. Blend in the frozen banana and raspberries.

Add maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Pour into the chilled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.

Transfer mousse to a food processor and return the empty bowl to the freezer. Blend the mousse to an ice-cream like consistency. Return to the chilled bowl and freeze for at least 2 hours. Scoop into dessert cups, garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.

* Note: For this kind of dessert it is very important to use the type of tofu indicated. While "firm" may be just as good as "extra firm", regular tofu cannot be used in place of silken. Silken tofu is what will provide the creamy texture needed in this recipe. The best brand for creaminess is Mori-Nu.

Link http://www.recipenet.org/health/recipes/desserts/raspberry_mousse.htm

I've never tried this but I am going to this week! I have also never eaten tofu so this will be a good intro to it!

At only 80 calories and ZERO fat I am SUPER excited to try this! Not to mention that it's all completely natural!

Calories: 79
    Carbs: 19
    Fat: 0
    Protein: 1
    Sugar: 11
    Sodium: 16
  • JwlzBoatie
    Options
    Hey girls!!! Well I have completed my dance challenge..Went to a dance on saturday and danced the night away!! I did some cumbias and your regular waltz. Tejano dancing is fun! i know it said a different mix but its similar to doing zumba so i think im ok. My relaxation challenge in the bag!! Went and bought myself some shoes and shoes clothes for work but i hadnt shopped in forever, well for myself anyway. I need one day of the stair stepper challenge but i will cover that in therapy tomorrow..I will post my emotional and recipe challenge tomorrow and i am so excited i love dessert. I have a rap load of energy right now its crazy but i'm off to bed! Hope everyone has a greta day and keep up the good work! cant wait for weigh, i think its going to be a good week!
  • JwlzBoatie
    Options
    MMMM Perfect for the summer!!! Try this Pinapple-Raspberry Parfait, you can mix up the fruits! I love it with mangos and strawberries. You can use light whipping cream with a dash white powdered sugar if you want to add a bit of sweetness and it wont up the cals too much but anyway, this is the super healthy version.

INGREDIENTS
    2 8-ounce containers (2 cups) nonfat peach yogurt
    1/2 pint fresh raspberries, (about 1 1/4 cups)
    1 1/2 cups fresh, frozen or canned pineapple chunks

PREPARATION
    Divide and layer yogurt, raspberries and pineapple into 4 glasses.
    NUTRITION
    Per serving: 109 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 2 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 58 mg sodium; 113 mg potassium.

Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (60% daily value), Calcium (15% dv).

Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2

Exchanges: 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1 frui
  • poesch77
    Options
    MMMM Perfect for the summer!!! Try this Pinapple-Raspberry Parfait, you can mix up the fruits! I love it with mangos and strawberries. You can use light whipping cream with a dash white powdered sugar if you want to add a bit of sweetness and it wont up the cals too much but anyway, this is the super healthy version.

INGREDIENTS

PREPARATION
    NUTRITION
    Per serving: 109 calories; 0 g fat ( 0 g sat , 0 g mono ); 2 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 58 mg sodium; 113 mg potassium.

OMG.....that sounds frickin yum!!
  • poesch77
    Options
    Cardio:completed this week.

Danced saturday night out with my bestie at the bars!!
    Something new: tried a new workout today on Netflix...Integrated Strength Training....not too bad!

Step ups...did not get these done, by the time I realized I had to get these in I would have only had 3 days to do it..poo!

Emotional challenge: completed
    Recipe...Dessert challenge: submitted
    Relaxation challenge: I put a mask on my face saturday night and did my hair....got pretty for once to go out! Not really relaxing but for myself...felt young again and not like a haggarty old mom!!

So total points for me: 4pts

Nervous about weigh-in!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    My all time favorite dessert.. whoopie pies

1 vitatop (i usually use deep chocolate)
    1-2 tbsp fat free whipped topping

Microwave the vitatop for about 30 seconds. slice the vitatop in half and spread the whipped topping on each half and put it back together.. Yummo
  • poesch77
    Options

INGREDIENTS

PREPARATION
    NUTRITION

OMG.....that sounds frickin yum!!

This is my vote!!!
  • Dtho5159
    Options
    Desert recipe challenge:

Raspberry-Banana Mousse (Serves 6)
    Yield: 6 Servings
    1 ea 10 1/2 oz pkg lite silken-- tofu, extra firm*
    1 md banana, chopped
    1 c Frozen raspberries 1/3 c Maple syrup
    2 tb Lemon juice
    1 ts Vanilla extract
    3/4 c Fresh raspberries, garnish

Place 2 qt. metal bowl in the freezer.

In food processor blend tofu until smooth and creamy. Blend in the frozen banana and raspberries.

Add maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Pour into the chilled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.

Transfer mousse to a food processor and return the empty bowl to the freezer. Blend the mousse to an ice-cream like consistency. Return to the chilled bowl and freeze for at least 2 hours. Scoop into dessert cups, garnish with fresh raspberries and serve.

* Note: For this kind of dessert it is very important to use the type of tofu indicated. While "firm" may be just as good as "extra firm", regular tofu cannot be used in place of silken. Silken tofu is what will provide the creamy texture needed in this recipe. The best brand for creaminess is Mori-Nu.

Link http://www.recipenet.org/health/recipes/desserts/raspberry_mousse.htm

I've never tried this but I am going to this week! I have also never eaten tofu so this will be a good intro to it!

At only 80 calories and ZERO fat I am SUPER excited to try this! Not to mention that it's all completely natural!

Calories: 79
    Carbs: 19
    Fat: 0
    Protein: 1
    Sugar: 11
    Sodium: 16

Thi iss my vote.. sounds sooo yummy!!