What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal topped with peanut butter and a banana

Lunch: salad of romaine, chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and red bell peppers with homemade thousand island dressing

Dinner: lentil stew, cherries

I still have about 250 calories left, which will probably consist of some combination of watermelon, cucumber, and a raspberry outshine fruit bar.
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: smoothie made with frozen blueberries, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, almond milk, and some vegan protein powder

Lunch: one scrambled egg with salsa, half a sweet potato

Dinner: low sodium yellow rice, low sodium black beans, blow sodium chick peas, hard boiled egg, all mixed together with Formosa roasted pepper hot sauce

Snacks: lemon Lara Bar with apple slices

I have the other half of the sweet potato cooked already, but I don't really want it. Will probably have some Honey Nut Cheerios with almond milk after work.
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, mixed berries, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Spinach salad with cucumbers, skinny pop popcorn, carrots and a kirkland protein bar
    Snack: Greek yogurt and an apple
    Dinner: 2 Slices Jacks pizza, ritz crackers and cheese, watermelon
    Snack: 1/3 pint Enlightened
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: zucchini-olive bread with salted butter, cottage cheese, strawberries. I picked up an iced almond milk latte on my way to work.

Lunch: will probably be small snacks throughout the day; I am am about to leave to work from home, because my office A/C is out. I'll nibble on the aforementioned zucchini-olive bread, various fruits and raw vegetables, crackers and cheese, garden tomatoes, etc.

Dinner: fulfilling a trashy craving and making Hamburger Helper (stroganoff) and garden salad. And also, at least three cocktails.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: The salad I've been having all week. I'm so pleased with it it'll probably be lunch for next week too!
    Snacks: Greek yogurt with blueberries
    Dinner: Supposed to be a black bean burger with the shrimp pesto pasta from last night. Knowing my boyfriend though, probably pizza or sushi.
    Dessert: If we have the burger + pasta, probably Sweet Habit or Enlightened ice cream
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: The salad I've been having all week. I'm so pleased with it it'll probably be lunch for next week too!
    Snacks: Greek yogurt with blueberries
    Dinner: Supposed to be a black bean burger with the shrimp pesto pasta from last night. Knowing my boyfriend though, probably pizza or sushi.
    Dessert: If we have the burger + pasta, probably Sweet Habit or Enlightened ice cream

Dinner turned into trying that Noodles and Co. chain. I ordered the Japanese pan noodle dish with tofu. Luckily it ended up being reasonable as far as calories go and I still have room for Enlightened tonight!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    Breakfast: whole wheat tortilla filled with avocado and onions, banana
    Lunch: tofu scramble with onions, mushrooms, and zucchini, topped with sriracha, cherries
    Dinner: cabbage noodle slaw with peanut soy dressing
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    Breakfast: whole wheat tortilla filled with avocado and onions, banana
    Lunch: tofu scramble with onions, mushrooms, and zucchini, topped with sriracha, cherries
    Dinner: cabbage noodle slaw with peanut soy dressing

Correction, my breakfast was so good and easy that I had it for lunch too. I'll eat the tofu scramble tomorrow.
  • avskk
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: none yet because I woke up at 2:30AM and horfed some Triscuits. I might have some cottage cheese and fruit in a while, but then again I am lazy and not very hungry.

Lunch: either corn fritters and salad with garden tomatoes, or a grilled ham-and-cheese sandwich, garden tomatoes, and broccoli.

Dinner: either whichever meal I did not make at lunch, or frozen egg rolls.

Snacks: fresh-cut pineapple, golden watermelon, raw veggies with dip, cucumber-lime cocktails, etc.

I am not great at planning on summer weekend days. I just like to laze around, enjoy the sun and garden, drink cocktails, and eat whatever little nibbles are around when the mood strikes me. I guess the upside is most of the things I like to eat in summer are reasonably healthful and fresh?
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: none today

Lunch: two eggs with avocado and salsa, leftover 1/3 of a blueberry cake doughnut (my favorite!)

Dinner: turkey burger on a Martin's potato roll with a little bit of yellow mustard, cooked and seasoned baby carrots

Snacks: nectarine and almonds, Nature's Bakery strawberry fig bar, probably something else
  • avskk
    Options
    Breakfast: woke up starving at 2:00AM and had two corn fritters so I could go back to sleep; will have more corn fritters, fried ham, tomatoes, and iced moka around 7:00.

Lunch: grilled cheese sandwich, baby carrots and mini cucumbers with ranch dip.

Dinner: tomato, zucchini, and corn galette; spinach salad with lemon vinaigrette.

Snacks: probably plums or nectarines, and I might make some Jello.
  • avskk
    Options
    I forgot I'd boiled eggs over the weekend, so I actually had a corn fritter, two boiled eggs, and some fresh pineapple for breakfast!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 whole grain waffles with peanut butter
    Lunch: Cobb salad (romaine, shredded chicken, blue cheese, hard boiled egg, croutons and balsamic vinaigrette dressing)
    Afternoon snack: pineapple
    Dinner: chicken Caesar wrap and roasted potatoes
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Blueberry lemon protein scone, baked tofu, Gatorade

Lunch: Mapo tofu, cranberry orange walnut muffin, dark chocolate peanut butter cups

Dinner: Tofu scramble, roasted green beans, grilled zucchini

(I didn't set out to eat tofu three times today, an accident of leftovers!)
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, mixed berries, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Spinach salad with cucumbers, skinny pop popcorn, kirkland protein bar
    Snack: Greek yogurt and an apple
    Dinner: BLT Sandwich, pea pods
    Snack: 1/2 pint Enlightened
  • nickssweetheart
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: Blueberry lemon protein scone, baked tofu, Gatorade

Lunch: Mapo tofu, cranberry orange walnut muffin, dark chocolate peanut butter cups

Dinner: Tofu scramble, roasted green beans, grilled zucchini

(I didn't set out to eat tofu three times today, an accident of leftovers!)

Maybe you got my tofu scramble that I've been meaning to eat for two days but somehow haven't! I forgot that I had to fast this a.m. because I was having bloodwork done.

Breakfast: nothing
    Lunch: thin crust pie five pizza with vegan cheese, red onions, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, black olives, and sun dried tomatoes, coke zero
    Dinner: noodle cabbage slaw with spicy peanut soy dressing
    Snack: watermelon, carrots, cucumber
  • avskk
    Options
    Man, my plans are going haywire today! I just got a package from a friend -- a 15lb bag of a particular kind of rice I've been trying to track down for 15 years. I'm making a batch now (too excited to wait and plan it in); I'll have a little as a snack and then we have have the rest with egg rolls and zhenjiang vinegar for dinner!
  • avskk
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Breakfast: leftover corn fritter, cottage cheese, fresh pineapple, coffee.

Lunch: leftover zhenjiang rice and egg rolls, spinach-and-tomato salad.

Dinner: tomato, zucchini, and corn galette; fried ham.

Snacks: I'm hoping to stick mostly with raw fruits (apples, plums, berries) and vegetables (broccoli, baby carrots, cucumbers).
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    Breakfast: tofu scramble with onions, mushrooms, and zucchini

LunchL Yemisir Wot (Ethiopian spiced lentils), injera bread

Dinner cabbage noodle slaw with spicy peanut/soy/lime dressing
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: tofu scramble with onions, mushrooms, and zucchini

LunchL Yemisir Wot (Ethiopian spiced lentils), injera bread

Dinner cabbage noodle slaw with spicy peanut/soy/lime dressing

I need some Ethiopian food -- it's one of my favorites!

Breakfast
    : Quinoa salad with spinach, peanuts, corn, onions, and tomatoes, baked tofu

Lunch: Mapo tofu with chopped jalapenos, roasted beets, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Fennel salad with orange and olive, sauteed snap peas with sriracha and sesame oil, grilled zucchini

Snack: Coffee with cashew milk