JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Really REALLY aggravated at work. There are chocolate chip cookies and a death by chocolate cake sitting on the back table. It is taking everything inside of me not to go grab some.

NO NO NO!!!! GO grab that glass of water. Will they let you take a 15 min break ... and go outside for a nice little walk! Remember how awful you will feel if you eat it!

I wish I could go outside! The reason for my aggravation left for the day so it's just me and LM which means I can't leave.

I also had a customer, who comes in for change all the time, call and ask if I wanted any free coffee or baked goods. I'm so proud of myself that I turned him down! Lol

Is this the aggravation that is leaving permanently soon? Isn't that only a few more days? Good job resisting!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I've stopped posting my goals on here in the morning, instead I just jot them down on some paper and then log it here. Purely because I can't be bothered to go back and find my posts LOL
    And because they're relatively the same.

Anyway Tuesday Recap!

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green ✔️
    - Exercise (Sweaty Betty today!) ✔️
    - Avoid my "bad foods" ❎ No my partner bought ANOTHER pizza today. But I had unintentionally skipped breakfast so had 2 slices then he moaned about eating it all to himself so I had another slice. It did fill me up for a little while and then I waited until dinner. Realistically though I need to stop making excuses skipping breakfast does not mean pizza.
    - Find an exercise app for Calisthenics on Thursday. ✔️ Yes I have but its not Calisthenics. Its just a total body work out I wanted to do like jumping Jack's, butt kicks, lunges, squats, bridges that sort of thing. Think I've found an alright one but welcome to recommendation!

So I've made poor choices today. Pizza, chocolate, donut. But after working out I'm still in the green by 44 calories.
    Great right? WRONG.
    I'm still peckish. I've not got enough calories left for anything substantial and now I have to close the kitchen and just drink water.
    So tonight's going to be hard. But tbh it's only hard because I made it hard!
    Had I made better choices today I would have the spare calories for a decent snack.
    So it's my own fault!

At least you are stopping yourself, I couldn't do that last night with myself.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Re: husbands and pizza - I have gotten so I don't like any store bought pizza I much prefer my own. I order hubby pizza pretty much when he wants it. I am a very fussy eater so I just get stuff on it that I know I won't eat. Hubby likes having leftover pizza for the next day so it's never a waste.

I have had a pretty good day today I know for sure someone was watching over me. On my way to work an accident happened right behind me. For some reason our highway ends up coming to a complete stop on most mornings and evenings on my drive. Today it came to its usual stop and I looked in the rearview mirror to see if I would be hit like I always do. The car behind me stopped, but I could see a truck (half ton) coming up behind it pretty fast. The truck hit the car behind me, I heard it and saw it and somehow they both missed hitting me. The most shocking thing was the car that was hit kept going! There had to have been some damage to it.

I then went to grab coffee on my way like I always do and the vehicle in front bought it for me today! I then got a message from an old manager that I am friends with wanting to meet me. We met for coffee and ended up talking for over 2 hours. I was hoping that she was going to be asking me about a job, but she didn't.

I called the Rec Centre and there were 5 spots still available for the swim lessons so I am starting those tonight! Right now I am munching on carrot sticks waiting for supper to cook as I'm starving! Hubby is working evenings tonight and tomorrow night so it is just myself to feed. I fought with myself very hard not to just grab takeout and I won the battle!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I've stopped posting my goals on here in the morning, instead I just jot them down on some paper and then log it here. Purely because I can't be bothered to go back and find my posts LOL

Anyway Tuesday Recap!

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green ✔️
    - Avoid my "bad foods" ❎ No my partner bought ANOTHER pizza today. But I had unintentionally skipped breakfast so had 2 slices then he moaned about eating it all to himself so I had another slice. It did fill me up for a little while and then I waited until dinner. Realistically though I need to stop making excuses skipping breakfast does not mean pizza.
    - Find an exercise app for Calisthenics on Thursday. ✔️ Yes I have but its not Calisthenics. Its just a total body work out I wanted to do like jumping Jack's, butt kicks, lunges, squats, bridges that sort of thing. Think I've found an alright one but welcome to recommendation!

So I've made poor choices today. Pizza, chocolate, donut. But after working out I'm still in the green by 44 calories.
    Great right? WRONG.
    I'm still peckish. I've not got enough calories left for anything substantial and now I have to close the kitchen and just drink water.
    Had I made better choices today I would have the spare calories for a decent snack.
    So it's my own fault!

At least you are stopping yourself, I couldn't do that last night with myself.

Yup! Tomorrow is her last day! I seriously cant wait. I feel like I will get so much more enjoyment and satisfaction from this job when it is just me and LM. She is just awesome! But yeah, my aggravation should be leaving around 3pm tomorrow! I will be doing a happy dance as soon as she clears the door.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

JFT, 7/24/18

1. Up @ 6 :star:
    2. Quiet time :star:
    4. YOGA :star:
    5. Make lunch :star:
    6. Work 815-515 :star:
    7. Dinner/dishes :star:I actually did every dirty dish in the house!
    8. FPU video/work on budget :|No FPU. The DH has a headache. I'll attempt to make some headway on the budget tonight
    9. Tech off by 1015 We'll see. But probably
    11. Bed by 11More then likely. Lol

Other than the brief bit of aggravation when LK was leaving it was a good day. I finally finished pulling all the closed accounts from all of the files in our branch(I hope). Lol. There were so many of them that if I piled all of them on top of each other it would probably reach mid-thigh. It was crazy! I have to put a whole bunch of them in the basement because we have to keep them for 5 years after the close date.

Not only did I skip on the cookies and cake on the back table at work, about 15 minutes after I made that post I got a phone call from our favorite coffee place across the street. The guy asked if I wanted him to bring over some coffee. I said no thank you I had just made a cup. He then offered me all sorts of baked goods(on the house of course). I jokingly told him to stop tempting me! Lol. He used to just show up with two cups of coffee and sometimes a piece of coffee cake or a brownie. When he came to get change(the whole reason he was coming over in the first place.) I told him that he should call and see if I(as of Thursday anyway) want coffee. That way he doesnt bring one just after I've made a cup. Lol. But I was so proud of myself for not having any of it! LM is making brownies for LK's departure. Tomorrow's goal is to say no!

Dinner was super simple but super yummy! All I did was 1lb of chicken, a jar of marinara sauce and a few different spices all into the crockpot. Cooked on low for 8 hours. Got home and made some pasta, stirred it in. It made A LOT of leftovers. I ate 3 hours ago and I'm still pretty satisfied. Lol. It is a definite make again. I also have lunch for the next few days. Lol

I've been loving getting up early. Problem is, I'm always kind of falling asleep as I read my bible and have to force myself off the couch to put on the yoga video. I think I'm going to try doing yoga before coffee/bible reading tomorrow and see how that works.

Okay, enough chatter!

JFT, 7/25/18

1. Up @ 6
    2. Yoga/Quiet time
    3. Make lunches
    4. Work 815-515 STAY AWAY FROM THE BROWNIES
    5. Wells Fargo on break
    6. MFP! (Be accountable)
    7. Budget
    8. Gym(if DH works late)
    9. Dinner/Dishes
    10. Shower @ 9
    11. Tech off by 10
    12. Light off by 11
  • kaimbf123
    kaimbf123 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    (Yesterday)
    July 24 GOALS:

✅ Stick to shake/supplement plan
    ✅ Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories *or under* but up to 1600)
    calories: 1542
    ✅ Workout
    workout: 38 mins treadmill & punching bag
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    Recap T 7/24
    1) Walked dog before work & saw fawn watch us coming down road / 3.45 mi 1:01:30 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Leftovers day / all meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & net calories green = Did pretty well sticking to plan w/ cushion for 3 Hershey miniatures after supper (my chocolate fix) ~ then ate few walnuts after closing diary, and I logged them! That's NSV for me for sure. Net calories -34 (I logged washing dishes as exercise this day to get numbers down :wink: ), sodium -1082 (Schwan's lasagna roll-up w/ Classico florentine marinara), sugar -18 (fruit, veggies, popeye bread, Hershey), fiber excellent, protein lowish, 15c water. Not so bad. :D
    3) Move hourly stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,050 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) & 41 floors :smiley:
    4) At least 3 to-do's in evening = put away all the laundry / washed all the dishes / decluttered / finalized plans for Th evening with SIL & niece :smiley:
    5) Unplug 9:00 :/ / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :/(walk dog W before work)

JFT W 7/25 ~ decided to take a rest day & reset alarm to 6:30 :sleeping:
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) All meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & net calories green
    3) Finally, started testing on work project ~ stay focused and make good progress
    4) Evening: grocery shop / city band concert (weather permitting ~ storms predicted later today) / email mom & aunt w/ possible dates for visit / bday cards & gifts for next week
    5) Unplug 9:30 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog R before work)

@sarah74_vt Nice new avatar!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday Recap
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Be kind :)
    3. Lots of water :)
    4. 10 Squats/bathroom trip :) / >:) I think I remembered half the time...
    5. Keep stress in check :)
    6. Cook dinner at home :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Call in RX refill
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind
    4. Lots of water
    5. 10 squats/hour - trying something new since I'm not in the bathroom as much I think that's why I'm not remembering often enough.
    6. Cook dinner at home
    7. Eat when you are hungry - stop when you are full
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday July 24
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :/ So close 130
    Outside 15 Minutes - :/ I sat outside for about 15 minutes with a friend
    Walk/Swim? - :) Joined swim lessons again
    Go out and sell - :( I dawdled the day away

JFT - Wednesday July 25
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Swim
    Write in Journal

I met a former manager of mine for coffee yesterday. It was supposed to be a coffee and we talked for 2 hours. I left there and went home since it was the end of the day. Made supper and started watching America's Got Talent, had a one hour nap while I "watched".

The rec centre forgot to schedule an instructor for the swim lessons that started last night. One of the on duty lifeguard's took on the task. Young lady named Kylie, she seemed to enjoy it and may take on the full 8 lessons, she was excited about it and said she would see us tonight. The other 5 in the class were like me on my first set. I swam laps and let her watch since my breathing is still my problem. Kylie thinks, I am just concentrating so hard on the movements and strokes that I am forgetting to exhale. She suggested I just continue practicing my strokes and the breathing will come naturally when I stop focusing on the movements so much. She also said she would "google" today for some tips on helping me.

Tonight is Grandchild Wednesday, last week Jonah asked for mini pizzas and it was too hot for the oven. Tonight I think I will oblige him. Swimming again at 9.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Anyway Tuesday Recap!

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green ✔️

Great right? WRONG.
    So it's my own fault!

It sounds to me that you had a great day!! Yes, they say skipping breakfast is not the thing to do, but you had a plan. and that plan was to be able to eat some pizza! Your partner sounds like my hubby though .... I'll have all the pizza I want, and then there will be pieces left ... and he doesn't want to eat all of them .. and says lets split them. I always eat more than I intended to . But you should be proud of your day ... and those workouts!!
    How about a nice bowl of fruit if you have some on hand? Or something that is low in calories, yet lets you have a snack. (like some popcorn!).
    but you did great!

Had a couple of mushrooms. We do have fruit but we only just bought it today and I hate it when everyone eats it dead quick haha

I had to chuckle at this because I used to do the same thing. Then I would end up throwing some out because it went bad. I finally just let it be gone at least it was healthy.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Today is my aggravation's last day! 3pm can't come soon enough! Lol. This morning has gone pretty fast. I am really tired though. I took a break today and got up at 7. Was definitely worth it, but I'm really tired now. Lol. Just made my 3rd cup of coffee. It's supposed to storm really badly today (apparently). Depending on how flooded the streets are determines if I go to the gym today or not. I really want to. So I may just attempt to push through it. I brought my clothes with me and everything.

There are brownies, cookies, chocolate cake and this incredibly terrible(but amazing looking) cake/cookie/cheesecake concoction all on the back table. They all look fricken amazing! I already prelogged my meals for the day and none of those things are on it. I'm in the green even if I don't go to the gym so they definitely won't fit. I'm teaching myself discipline (mostly with money, but also other things) and one of the things I'm doing is ignoring all the food on the back table!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Today is my aggravation's last day! 3pm can't come soon enough! Lol. This morning has gone pretty fast. I am really tired though. I took a break today and got up at 7. Was definitely worth it, but I'm really tired now. Lol. Just made my 3rd cup of coffee. It's supposed to storm really badly today (apparently). Depending on how flooded the streets are determines if I go to the gym today or not. I really want to. So I may just attempt to push through it. I brought my clothes with me and everything.

There are brownies, cookies, chocolate cake and this incredibly terrible(but amazing looking) cake/cookie/cheesecake concoction all on the back table. They all look fricken amazing! I already prelogged my meals for the day and none of those things are on it. I'm in the green even if I don't go to the gym so they definitely won't fit. I'm teaching myself discipline (mostly with money, but also other things) and one of the things I'm doing is ignoring all the food on the back table!

From my understanding you have a very small branch and not many staff at a time. How do all of the treats end up there?
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    They just bring it in! No one eats any of the stuff that is brought on! It's crazy! It just sits there! And now my manager is buying us lunch! I'm just going to get a salad I think.
  • kaimbf123
    kaimbf123 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    JULY 25 GOALS:

🔲 Stick to shake/supplement plan
    🔲 Stay at my calorie goal (ideally 1500 calories *or under* but up to 1600)
    🔲 Exercise (today might get kind of busy, but if I can’t go to the gym today- I’ll at least get a good cleaning session in)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    I'm down four and a half pounds, but I weighed myself after eating and drinking four glasses of water so it might be closer to 5.5. I did notice my clothes are not feeling quite so tight as they were two weeks a go.

I set up the barbecue on my balcony, cooking chicken on the grill is yummy :smile:

I find making my own burger and fries (baked not fried) gives me the satisfaction I was craving at wendy's,

I have been making my own burgers for a while now and find they taste even better than Wendy's. I have fries once in a blue moon now, I have started preferring salad with my burgers. Or just nice cucumber and tomato slices.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    uwihnvcoavsn.jpg

My apologies. :sweat_smile:

DANG, BEX! You got one! LOL! You made me giggle, and I didn't think I would today... Is it as good as it looks? I should just go grab one... :s

The whole bottle was 100 calories. Get one LOL!

I actually DID go get one yesterday and it was SO GOOD! :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    Quick question for you all.

I'm making Lasagne tonight.
    I've created a recipe on MFP and basically added all the ingredients o to the recipe so 500g mince, 70g of mushroom, one jar of red sauce one jar of white sauce, cheese ect.
    And I split that into 6 portions as the girls have a small piece each and me and my partner have double what they have. So we have 2 portions each.

2 portions has come up to 727 calories? Which to me sounds high but I've added everything accurately so it must be right?