JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Don't eat chocolate!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    jeschepp wrote: »
    Today was running around doing all kinds of fun stuff, and I ate like I usually do on vacation. Such a eye-opener. I splurged on Sonic because we don’t have them where I live, and found that one meal is my daily calories! Yikes. Learning as I go! Was really tasty tho :)

For today (day 2 of trip):
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups-some but not all of each
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise-waaay over
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow (day 3 of trip):
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability

Sonic! Yum! But yes, it is difficult for me to fit in one of their meals on MFP unless I eat lettuce all day, lol. But what I've started doing is ordering their mini versions. This allows me to enjoy the food without going over...and truly I have been satisfied. What helps is that I say to myself, "Self, if you want more, you can order it." I have been getting their mini-sized shakes/masterblasters now for several months (saw my thin dil order one and thought, so, THAT's how she stays thin and has her Sonic, too!" I eat it slowly and savor every delicious slurp! (still high in calories but I can make it fit---I just don't eat Sonic and slurp sonic on the same day, lol

BTW, try one of their fizzy drinks...practically no calories and I find them to be quite refreshing.

Remember you can usually have your cake and eat it too...just a smaller portion!

Peace and joy!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all from a very sunny Cyprus! Very limited internet where I am at the moment but I’ve been checking in and sounds like everyone is doing well. I’m flying completely blind with maintenance out here. No weighing or food scales in the apartment, lots of eating out, limited access to some of my ‘go-to’ foods for another ten days...

I was feeling a bit anxious about all this as i am a creature of habit and I admit I handle maintenance by staying fairly controlled about stuff. But I’m trying to see this as a good experiment in a more intuitive approach. I’m still getting in a workout every morning (modified using resistance bands instead of dumbells) and getting a decent number of steps and some swimming every day. There is an abundance of gorgeous fresh fruit and veg on the island and it’s super hot so easy to eat light and fresh during the day and save some space for the evening.

Loosely tracking with estimating and hoping that I can relax and enjoy and maybe learn something about being more balanced when I get back.

Hope everyone is well. Have a happy Thursday!

X

I hope you are having a fantastically peaceful and joyful time and return relaxed and rejuvenated!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited July 2018
    Recap W 7/25 ~ decided to take a rest day & reset alarm to 6:30 :sleeping:
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 7,748 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 (boom!) and 34 floors :smile:
    2) All meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan & net calories green = :s In a funk last night & binged on peanut M&Ms ~ could not & did not want to stop! >:)
    3) Finally, started testing on work project ~ stay focused and make good progress = It's taking me a little time to get into rhythm w/ necessary steps ~ remember to print multiple accounting system screen shots in proper sequence, sign in to document repository before using quick-link feature, remember which docs are linked to which accounting screens, remember differences w/ purchase order parent vs. blanket screens, and I'm good. :wink: I'm typing this out more as a refresher to myself than anything else. :#
    4) Evening: grocery shop :smiley: / city band concert (weather permitting ~ storms predicted later today) :/ thunder & lightning preceded rain, so no / email mom & aunt w/ possible dates for visit :/ in my funk I did not do ~ need to do in next 3 days / bday cards & gifts for next week :smiley: now to wrap / write out cards
    5) Unplug 9:30 :smile: / floss :s / retainers :s / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: (walk dog R before work)

Realized this morning that I have been weighing daily and posting about it for over nine months. At times, I was obsessive about it. With my major work project kicking into high gear and personal life, think I need a break, so I won't do Just Give Me 10 Days for at least one, maybe more, rounds. To be honest, my weight loss has stalled since Feb. but I'm within 10# of my ultimate goal, which I am very happy about. I'm walking dog 5-6x per week, participating in 5Ks & 10Ks, and feeling fit. So I'm going to be kind to myself, not stress about the number on the scale, and keep up with JFT.

JFT R 7/26
    1) Walked dog before work & saw/heard sandhill cranes in field / 3.52 mi 1:01:49 / stretched = happy dog B) & happy me B)
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Breakfast, lunch & snacks have been logged / dinner w/ SIL & niece & previewed restaurant menu online ~ have several choices in mind, plan adult beverage & will guesstimate food log as best I can
    4) Be kind to myself & hubby ~ need to adjust my expectations
    5) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (walk dog F before work)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    JFT - Wednesday July 25
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :(
    Swim - :)
    Write in Journal - :(

JFT - Thursday July 26
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Swim
    Write in Journal

Not to blow my own horn but I'm pretty proud of myself for yesterday. After Bex talked about lasagna all I wanted was lasagna fritta from Olive Garden. Especially when Grandkid Wednesday was cancelled this would have been perfect, wouldn't cost me a lot and I wouldn't have to cook. I refrained, drove out of the city so it wouldn't be an option. I had taken my diamond in for a repair last week and I got the call that it was ready, I went and picked it up and thought about a local restaurant in my town that serves lasagna. I drove by it and went to Walmart and bought some cleaning supplies instead.
    I went home without stopping anywhere for food, made myself a scrambled egg and cheese wrap instead. I was going to clean, but ended up having a nap on the couch for the second night in a row (very unusual for me). When I woke up I did some cleaning.

I got ready to go to swim lesson and realized I was a bit hungry. I convinced myself to not eat right then and if I saved the calories I could have an ice cream cone from McDonald's on the way home. The pool was especially cool last night, by the time I was done swimming I didn't even shower there, I just got dressed and drove home. I was too cold for ice cream! I decided I would just have my usual snack and went to get it and realized I was out of grapes and crackers, so changed it up. I ended up with 319 Calories leftover for the day and the scale thanked me for it this morning.

I have to stop the napping though because I couldn't sleep when I finally got to bed last night at 1130. It must have been 2 before I finally fell asleep.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Call in RX refill >:)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Be kind :)
    4. Lots of water :)
    5. 10 squats/hour - trying something new since I'm not in the bathroom as much I think that's why I'm not remembering often enough. :)
    6. Cook dinner at home :)
    7. Eat when you are hungry - stop when you are full :)

JFT Thursday
    1. CALL IN RX
    2. Log all food
    3. Be kind
    4. Lots of water
    5. 10 wall push ups/bathroom trip AND get up and move once per hour...even if its just to stand
    6. Smart lunch choice
    7. Cook dinner at home
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Goals for yesterday:
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal ✔
    Spray the weeds ✔
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work almost
    No extra snacks at work ✔

Goals for today (another work day):
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacks at work
  • AJB1014
    edited July 2018
    Just had this birdseye steamer for lunch. I'm a pasta fanatic but have to watch my carbs due to insulin resistance. It was so good! And not just got a pasta substitute, it was just good! Tasty sauce too that they did not skimp on. About $3.50 for the bag and not a huge serving but for 400 cals for the whole bag its pretty filling and an easy yummy lunch when I forgot to pack it! Just figured I'd share!

5np9owoxm42l.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,725 Member
    Last night while swimming I realized I was spending more time trying to keep my bottom up than I was actually swimming. I stopped at Walmart to get a cheap suit, didn't think paying a lot made sense when I will hopefully need another one in a few months. I picked out a new top and bottom. I still need the larger chest they were regularly priced at 50.00 for the two pieces and the lady said, I just marked those down in the system. I paid $22.00!! So impressed!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,059 Member
    I'm not really having the best day today.
    We were meant to go to the zoo but the kids were being narky and then me and my partner started bickering, we then came to the wise decision not to go today without it getting into an argument. Tbh I don't think we were in the mood!
    Anyway so we took the girls to the park instead.

The girls have just been squabbling all day. And asking question after question after question! Like if I had to put a number on it I think I answered about 200 questions before shouting at them to just shut up! Not my best moment but I couldn't take any more.
    And I ate my feelings. Brownies and crisps and now I'm left with about 100 calories for dinner. I don't really feel like exercising either.

This morning I deep cleaned the kitchen
    It was spotless and sparkling and now it a just all cluttered again.

I should stop complaining really. It doesn't matter. It just clutter. But I just feel exhausted already.
  • AJB1014
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    We were meant to go to the zoo but the kids were being narky and then me and my partner started bickering, we then came to the wise decision not to go today without it getting into an argument. Tbh I don't think we were in the mood!

The girls have just been squabbling all day. And asking question after question after question! Like if I had to put a number on it I think I answered about 200 questions before shouting at them to just shut up! Not my best moment but I couldn't take any more.
    And I ate my feelings. Brownies and crisps and now I'm left with about 100 calories for dinner. I don't really feel like exercising either.

I should stop complaining really. It doesn't matter. It just clutter. But I just feel exhausted already.

Bex! Youre doing great! Did you log your cleaning as exercise? I don't always, but on days I need some wiggle room you bet I do! Don't beat yourself up, I see lots of achievements - you got outside today, you cleaned the kitchen, you avoided an argument, you came and posted to be accountable! Don't stress over dinner too much - eat something and enjoy it and start back at it tomorrow! Hugs!
  • AJB1014
    Last night while swimming I realized I was spending more time trying to keep my bottom up than I was actually swimming. I stopped at Walmart to get a cheap suit, didn't think paying a lot made sense when I will hopefully need another one in a few months. I picked out a new top and bottom. I still need the larger chest they were regularly priced at 50.00 for the two pieces and the lady said, I just marked those down in the system. I paid $22.00!! So impressed!

I LOVE DEALS! That's a great one!!!
  • Bex953172
    AJB1014 wrote: »

Bex! Youre doing great! Did you log your cleaning as exercise? I don't always, but on days I need some wiggle room you bet I do! Don't beat yourself up, I see lots of achievements - you got outside today, you cleaned the kitchen, you avoided an argument, you came and posted to be accountable! Don't stress over dinner too much - eat something and enjoy it and start back at it tomorrow! Hugs!

I was just about to post that today has been a complete write off but I forgot to log the clean!

There may be hope yet!
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    edited July 2018
    It's going to be difficult to stay in my calorie range today. I'm going to be up for an extra ten hours due to my shift and it's my Monday basically
    Weekend will be difficult as well, wedding on Saturday and 2 days off from work whoohoo is the only upside :smiley:
  • Bex953172
    Okay so I said there may be hope.
    All hope is lost.
    I just couldn't stop eating. I was like some sort of monster eating everything in sight.

I could say I "was" doing well. But in truth, I AM doing well! This is just one bad day! But overall I'm doing good at this!

I've dexided that I need 1 rest day from exercise. I've done 3 days solid and today I just couldn't even muster the energy to laugh so I need to rest.
    I'll see how I go with just one rest day. I may have to change this to two rest days but hopefully not
    But on these days I MUST stay in my calorie goal.
  • Falcon
    edited July 2018
    All hope is lost.
    I just couldn't stop eating. I was like some sort of monster eating everything in sight.

I could say I "was" doing well. But in truth, I AM doing well! This is just one bad day! But overall I'm doing good at this!

I've dexided that I need 1 rest day from exercise. I've done 3 days solid and today I just couldn't even muster the energy to laugh so I need to rest.
    I'll see how I go with just one rest day. I may have to change this to two rest days but hopefully not

I get like this before that time of the month and I suspect it has to do with the body craving iron. That's why I include iron intake in my food diary. I know if I don't make the iron count every day, I eat everything in sight 2 days a month

Shrug the day off and start fresh tomorrow
  • Bex953172
    Falcon wrote: »
    All hope is lost.

I get like this before that time of the month and I suspect it has to do with the body craving iron. That's why I include iron intake in my food diary. I know if I don't make the iron count every day, I eat everything in sight

Hmm I don't know when my time of the month is since I had the coil fitted! It's pretty much stopped them altogether!

I'm not sure if I can take iron, or atleast I have to take it at a separate time to my thyroxine.

But when I looked at my nutrients over the day my iron I get from food is very low!
    So I might give it a go!

Thanks for that I would have never of thought it could be something like that x
  • Falcon
    edited July 2018
    All hope is lost.

I get like this before that time of the month and I suspect it has to do with the body craving iron. That's why I include iron intake in my food diary. I know if I don't make the iron count every day, I eat everything in sight

Hmm I don't know when my time of the month is since I had the coil fitted! It's pretty much stopped them altogether!

I'm not sure if I can take iron, or atleast I have to take it at a separate time to my thyroxine.

But when I looked at my nutrients over the day my iron I get from food is very low!
    So I might give it a go!

If you don't get your periods, then you're not losing iron. You would lose during that time of month.
    anyway I can take a look at your food diary?
  • Bex953172
    All hope is lost.

So I might give it a go!

If you don't get your periods, then you're not losing iron. You would lose during that time of month.
    anyway I can take a look at your food diary?

Yeah go for it, not today's though LOL today was baddddd, my more average day was yesterday x