Options

Replies

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Quick question for you all.

I'm making Lasagne tonight.
    I've created a recipe on MFP and basically added all the ingredients o to the recipe so 500g mince, 70g of mushroom, one jar of red sauce one jar of white sauce, cheese ect.
    And I split that into 6 portions as the girls have a small piece each and me and my partner have double what they have. So we have 2 portions each.

2 portions has come up to 727 calories? Which to me sounds high but I've added everything accurately so it must be right?

Hi Bex! Lasagne sounds delicious and now I want some! If it's a dish with cheese I've noticed the calories tend to add up pretty quick. A lot of my homemade recipes come out in the 300-500 calorie range/serving so that sounds right on to me for two servings.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »

I've created a recipe on MFP and basically added all the ingredients o to the recipe so 500g mince, 70g of mushroom, one jar of red sauce one jar of white sauce, cheese ect.
    And I split that into 6 portions as the girls have a small piece each and me and my partner have double what they have. So we have 2 portions each.

2 portions has come up to 727 calories? Which to me sounds high but I've added everything accurately so it must be right?

Hi Bex! Lasagne sounds delicious and now I want some! If it's a dish with cheese I've noticed the calories tend to add up pretty quick. A lot of my homemade recipes come out in the 300-500 calorie range/serving so that sounds right on to me for two servings.

Yeah and I suppose I've used jars instead of making my own red and white sauce.
    It means I've logged it SO badly in the past LOL!
    So.. I'm now having one serving and quickly chopped myself some salad for on the side!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »

Yeah and I suppose I've used jars instead of making my own red and white sauce.
    It means I've logged it SO badly in the past LOL!
    So.. I'm now having one serving and quickly chopped myself some salad for on the side!

I hear you! I look at some of my recipes after I enter them and just cannot believe how far off base my guess was! But knowledge is power and you've made a great choice fixing a salad and making it work anyway!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options

I love lasagna, but yes it is so high in calories that sounds about right.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @bex953172 Since you posted about lasagna, I have been wanting it. Lauryn just cancelled for Grandkid Wednesday and I'm now going to be alone for supper.... a Lasagna Fritta from Olive Garden sounds delicious!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @bex953172 Since you posted about lasagna, I have been wanting it. Lauryn just cancelled for Grandkid Wednesday and I'm now going to be alone for supper.... a Lasagna Fritta from Olive Garden sounds delicious!

Hahah feel like I'm ruining everyone's goals!
    Dr Pepper and Lasagna for everyone!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

Hahah feel like I'm ruining everyone's goals!
    Dr Pepper and Lasagna for everyone!

You can't ruin our goals, only we can put the food in our mouth. :) You can certainly tempt us though.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    So work out plan for today was HIIT around the field with the dog OR 45 mins cardio.
    I'm gonna do the cardio.

It's not that the weather's bad or anything, I just don't feel that confident or really up for it.
    I don't feel like doing this workout but I need to do it. If I slack once I'll slack again. I have to be strict, I have to be disciplined.

5 4 3 2 1 Let's Go!!!!
  • auntmosmail
    auntmosmail Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Spray the weeds: no, but I'm ready to do so today
    Water the plants ✔
    Facial and pedicure ✔ ✔😀💅
    Stop by work quick ✔
    Drop of chili at mom's ✔
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal ✔

Goals for today:
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal
    Spray the weeds
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacks at work
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Goals for yesterday:
    Spray the weeds: no, but I'm ready to do so today
    Water the plants ✔
    Facial and pedicure ✔ ✔😀💅
    Stop by work quick ✔
    Drop of chili at mom's ✔
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal ✔

Goals for today:
    Stay within 1409 calorie goal
    Spray the weeds
    Drink two 24 oz bottles of water at work
    No extra snacks at work

Thanks your goals reminded me to go water my plants lol

Does going for a walk while eating ice cream before my swim lesson count?
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    It's me! HGSmith0920(otherwise known as Hannah!)

So after a huge amount confusion and frustration with the app/website not syncing to my tracker. I turns out that it was hooked up to my old username. The one I used many many years ago before I got married. I've been emailing with mfp support for like a week. So instead of trying to figure out how to unhook one account and and connect another one, I'm just going to go back to using this one. Lol.

It's an hour past my bed time so I'll come on in the morning to update things!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Today was running around doing all kinds of fun stuff, and I ate like I usually do on vacation. Such a eye-opener. I splurged on Sonic because we don’t have them where I live, and found that one meal is my daily calories! Yikes. Learning as I go! Was really tasty tho :)

For today (day 2 of trip):
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups-some but not all of each
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise-waaay over
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow (day 3 of trip):
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Falcon wrote: »
    I'm down to 333.8, I was getting worried because it seemed like my weight was still rising three weeks ago. To see it drop down six pounds is a relief.

Wednesday
    finish prepping for my cousin's wedding on Saturday.
    drank 8 glasses of water
    walked
    stayed within my calorie limit

Well done! Great loss!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I actually got up at 5:45 this morning and went to the gym! I didnt think I was actually going to. The alarm went off and I got up to turn it off thinking I was going to go right back to sleep but something inside me made me stay awake, make a cup of coffee and run out the door. I was there for about 40 minutes before my sneaker started rubbing against the back of my heel...which hurts a lot! Now I'm home and with another cup of coffee and a cat in my lap! He is literally laying on top of my wrist which is starting to ache. Lol. We have a very heavy cat. It's almost time to get ready for work but I dont want to move. Oh well...Time to get up!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Time to get back on track .... I have again been slacking. I exercise like crazy ... then eat too much :/ .

How do you throw away good food?????? I have in the refrig leftover brownies, leftover Blueberry French Toast, leftover Apple French Toast, 2 boxes of ice cream in the freezer, 2 bags of potato chips (both opened), and 2 bags of carmel corn!!! HELP!!!!!!!! All things I got/made for when our son and family was in town!

I keep reminding myself that if I eat it, yes, the food will be gone, but it will be on my hips! Better to be in the trash, or better yet, find someone that wants it and give it to them.

so JFT,
    1. log All FOOD
    2. do NOT EAT JUNK FOOD! Just because I bought it, and it is there, does not mean I should eat it.
    3. Call some neighbors and see if they want some blueberry and/or apple french toast ... get rid of it!
    4. concentrate on drinking 8+ cups of water
    5. already been to the gym ... but go out for a 15 minute walk
    6. start organizing/cleaning .... start with living room closet!
    7. Start making donation piles

Hubby got me a instapot pressure cooker for my birthday .... has anyone used one of these? I am searching for recipes on how to use this thing!! Maybe this will help me in meal planning!!

I am going to try and read all the posts and respond later. I didn't get on here last nite to post, so running behind as usual!

For what it's worth, I have an older, male co-worker who LOVES his instapot! He keeps telling me I should get one.

I understand there is a learning curve, but from what I've observed, most people who have them seem to love them.